It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified Files Reveal Plot to Carry Out Soviet False Flag Attacks in US to Start War

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: fritzM

I know of a few that are documented in the declassified files. But to see them all listed might wake up some that don't believe the U.S. is capable of doing these things.

Intelligence agency and military forces often have a section devoted to planning scenarios against real or perceived
enemies.

Some of them are completely off the wall - ie during World War II was proposal to create unsinkable aircraft carriers
built on icebergs of frozen sawdust

Northwoods was in this category

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

42 Admitted False-Flag Attacks

I've never heard of the site (Washington's Blog), but this story does have quite a few links embedded in each rundown of the incidents. While not all, or even most, are American operations, we are sprinkled in there.

From the link:

(14) As admitted by the U.S. government, recently declassified documents show that in 1962, the American Joint Chiefs of Staff signed off on a plan to blow up AMERICAN airplanes (using an elaborate plan involving the switching of airplanes), and also to commit terrorist acts on American soil, and then to blame it on the Cubans in order to justify an invasion of Cuba. See the following ABC news report; the official documents; and watch this interview with the former Washington Investigative Producer for ABC’s World News Tonight with Peter Jennings.

(17) The NSA admits that it lied about what really happened in the Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964 … manipulating data to make it look like North Vietnamese boats fired on a U.S. ship so as to create a false justification for the Vietnam war.

(18) A U.S. Congressional committee admitted that – as part of its “Cointelpro” campaign – the FBI had used many provocateurs in the 1950s through 1970s to carry out violent acts and falsely blame them on political activists.

(30) Although the FBI now admits that the 2001 anthrax attacks were carried out by one or more U.S. government scientists, a senior FBI official says that the FBI was actually told to blame the Anthrax attacks on Al Qaeda by White House officials (remember what the anthrax letters looked like). Government officials also confirm that the white House tried to link the anthrax to Iraq as a justification for regime change in that country.

(32) Former Department of Justice lawyer John Yoo suggested in 2005 that the US should go on the offensive against al-Qaeda, having “our intelligence agencies create a false terrorist organization. It could have its own websites, recruitment centers, training camps, and fundraising operations. It could launch fake terrorist operations and claim credit for real terrorist strikes, helping to sow confusion within al-Qaeda’s ranks, causing operatives to doubt others’ identities and to question the validity of communications.”

So, that's just some of them. Please understand, many of the links in this story are to the website's own pages, where hopefully they have substantiating links to confirm claims. Like I said, I don't know this site, but some on this list I have known about, so it seems somewhat legit at face value.

And these are just some that are claimed to have been admitted to...imagine how many have never been mentioned to anyone outside of the operations...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

(17) The NSA admits that it lied about what really happened in the Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1964 … manipulating data to make it look like North Vietnamese boats fired on a U.S. ship so as to create a false justification for the Vietnam war.

Problem is that Gulf of Tonkin was real

Night of August 2, 1964 3 North Vietnam P4 torpedo boats attacked destroyer USS MADDOX - Maddox evaded and returned fire, damaging one of the boats. Aircraft from USS TICONDEROGA then attacked the boats damaging remaining 2

One of the TICONDEROGA aircraft was damaged by return fire from boats

MADDOX took one round from heavy machine gun . No casualties

North Vietnam lost 4 KIA and 6 WIA

MADDOX was joined by destroyer TURNER JOY . 2 nights later reported second attack. This one seems to have result
of radar ghosts (area is known for that) combined with over active imaginations - possibly triggered by North Vietnam
attempts to salvage damaged boats

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
Thanks for that, I'm glad I have ad blocker on. hehe

I really expected to see a lot more U.S. planned false flags listed on there.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Oh, there are plenty.

Like I said, these are just some that were admitted to...how many have not been admitted to?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

In the links contained within my link (I know, lots of links), it specifically notes that it's the second attack that is cited as the false flag.

President Johnson, upon hearing of the attack, decided to retaliate on the N. Vietnamese within 30 minutes of the initial report, all the while there were subsequent reports coming in casting doubt on the whole incident, even noting that there were no visuals of the enemy, no wreckage, no bodies, and that the "attack" may have been due to misinterpretation because of rough seas and stormy weather. Johnson ignored those reports and went with the one that allowed him to order retaliation.

This may not have been an event orchestrated on purpose as a proper false-flag event, but when the president capitalizes on an event that has much doubt and unanswered questions--the ship even noted that it would be best to wait until daylight to get a better assessment, which was only a few hours away--then I see that as close enough to fall under the false-flag umbrella.

I mean, a couple of hours could have meant the difference between knowing for sure and not having had to send so many people into the Vietnam War. Johnson wanted to do what he did, and he found the out that he needed. It hasn't been proven to be intentionally false reports of an attack, just 'overactive imagination,' but I wouldn't be surprised that in the end, it is shown to have been intentionally misleading as a way to justify going to war--a war that left many, many Americans dead, broken, or negatively affected in on way or another.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

I know of a few that are documented in the declassified files. But to see them all listed might wake up some that don't believe the U.S. is capable of doing these things.

Intelligence agency and military forces often have a section devoted to planning scenarios against real or perceived
enemies.

Some of them are completely off the wall - ie during World War II was proposal to create unsinkable aircraft carriers
built on icebergs of frozen sawdust

Northwoods was in this category

+1
sounds like some ex-OSS people were brainstorming and the idea came up and ultimately never used.

some people's jobs are to think outside the box and come up with this stuff. the executive's job is to review and promote or discard.

no big deal imho.
they came up with all sorts of off-the-wall stuff for WWII that never got used, or at least not past the developmental stage. i.e. the 'Panjandrum' device.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-11-2017 by ElGoobero because: clarify

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join