It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no brittish ICJ judge - so what ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
hi - this is less a thread about the lack of a brittish judge on the bench of the ICJ

but more the hysterical reacrion to this " news "

the best :

an example of Britain’s “fading international influence”.

really ???????????????

so thats why justices from lebanon and somalia now sit on the ICJ bench ?????

PS - dont attempt to turn this into something it isnt :

i have no issue with the concept of labanese and somali judges siting on the ICJ bench

but in the wake of thier election its fooking mindblowing to claim that bitains alledged " “fading international influence”. is the reason that the bench does not have a UK justice

should we take this at " face value " - and when the next international crisis errupts and our [ UK ] assistance is requested - our response should be - hey - we is irrelevant - go ask the lebanese and somalis

source

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Just the UN continuing its march towards irrelevance. It should be defunded and closed.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The UN should be UPfunded and ready to take EVERY war criminal to justice, not only from the poor countries!

@OP: I had to look up ICJ, please in your future threads explain something like that, thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The U.N. is a joke. If you are a gay man or woman in Iran you will be killed. Yet the U.N. gives Iran a leadership role on human rights. Laughable if it wasn’t so twisted.

Iran Wins Top Spots on U.N. Human Rights Committees

Iran executes three men on homosexuality charges
edit on 22-11-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
The U.N. is a joke. If you are a gay man or woman in Iran you will be killed. Yet the U.N. gives Iran a leadership role on human rights. Laughable if it wasn’t so twisted.

Iran Wins Top Spots on U.N. Human Rights Committees

Can you find another source for that? I just tried looking, but the only website that seems to be reporting that particular story is the freebeacon?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Man, would Mladic be happy if they had no powers over him.

Wait.

He was just sentenced to lifelong jail. Whoa? How can this be? The powerless judges had power over a war-criminal? Noooooooooopoooooo .. *wailing US-americans in the distance*

And BTW: DID YOU EVEN LOOK AT YOUR SOURCE?! At this freebeacon site, the first link was a dead link. The second link went to a document which (a) was from 2014, at little bit outdated and (b) THERE WAS NO IRAN MENTIONED IN IT, only Colombia! *mic drop*

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

The International Criminal Court can and has prosecuted crimes successfully without the bloated and ineffective UN and its billions of wasted dollars.

Links in older articles to source documents are broken many times and the links are not updated in the articles. This is normal.

This may be a blog but it explains the background and most importantly it links (yes they still work) to actual U.N. video of Iran’s actual appointments to these committees.

blogs.timesofisrael.com...

edit on 22-11-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

no brittish ICJ judge - so what ?

So nothing.

At any given time, a maximum of 15 different countries can be represented on the bench.

It was bound to happen at *some* time.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Okay, I haven't found ANY clue outside the UN Watch-Website (CEO: Hillel Neuer) and the article on timesofisrael.com (a blog from Hillel Neuer), and NO links to anything on another website, just backlinking to each other. I can not find anything on the UN-website besides a list of countries on this commitee which does NOT include iran.

Could you provide something?

Contra to your posting is this from wikipedia: The United Nations General Assembly and the Human Rights Commission[1] have condemned prior and ongoing abuses in Iran in published critiques and several resolutions. Source

I think this is Fake News.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I told you that on the blog was two videos of the actual UN appointments. Unless you think that the UN created videos were faked, like the moon landings, it not fake news. I guess you are shocked and therefore you just cannot believe it. I was shocked too.

top topics

join