It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I admit defeat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I admit defeat: And it is true; tablets work for ailments, not stupidity especially if it is your own

I need to find a person – that’s easy

Oops! Google gives me millions of pages with the surname I’m searching appearing about 10 times in the first 5 pages – but I can find about 50 other names I’m not looking for.

Ok, it’s been a couple of years because I distanced myself from it, but Facebook should do the trick. Because it was so long ago I must now recover my account as my correct password does not work anymore.

To make a long story short I also gave up as they did not ask me my original security question (which is my first dogs name) but send me through pages of funny questions and tricks about things they think I should be able to understand that I knew nothing about.

Now it was time to go to my equally old yahoo address: Now my password does not work and on recovery (on a UK & Ireland page I’m forced to) I must answer “currency & zero” not my normal security question you guess right (my first dogs name) So I tried 0pound. Ok, ok don’t laugh – different route – now I must select apartments, buses or cars. Back to “currency & zero”

So I phoned my sister to give me a number of one of her deceased husband friends. 2 minutes later I had my information and still wonder why I wasted 2 hours on the internet

What a piece of BS Google became. I’m stunned that people still pay Google to advertise on because you need weeks to sift through their pages and will most probably still end up empty.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think it is harder to have a good day then an easy day these days.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

your inability to use google is not googles fault

as for farcebooks success - thats because its a niche product

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Sometimes when they attempt to explain a problem they are having, a person will reveal too much in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Successful google searches is an art form.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Indeed. Quotes, plus and minus signs and parentheses are all very helpful if you place them correctly.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Usually when I'm needing to look for a specific person online, I will add other details that I know about them. High school, home town, where they went to college, family member names, etc. Doesn't always work, but it can narrow things down significantly.

top topics

join