It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US admits using drones in Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is a link on the DrudgeReport site, But I cannot find anything in the AP or Rueters lines.

www.drudgereport.com...

if i FIND A LINK, or if someone else knows how to confirm, this is pretty big I would think. the war is going to start real soon. There were rumors of Special Forces, and these msut be the UFO sighting that the people of Iran have witnessed.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Here is a link

www.drudgereport.com...

Seems like this is a story that is coming to the Post this Sunday.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I found this link from BBC, it talks about the drones'

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That is an interesting little read. But I dont necessarly see it as a prelude to military action yet. Air craft survelance has been done for over over 50 years, and has not always led to military action.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The aerial espionage is standard in military preparations for an eventual air attack and is also employed as a tool for intimidation.

This is definietly worth watching. thanks for the link marge, but it is from 2002. This is recent, after Condi's tour this seems to be getting up full force. The Chinese/russiawargame still get me though....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sorry I got a new one in which Iran is going to shoot anything that is going to fly over their air space.

“Flights of unknown objects in the country’s airspace have increased in recent weeks ... (they) have been seen over Bushehr and Isfahan provinces,” the Resalat newspaper reported on Saturday.

It seems that the US is has been using them over Iran since last summer.

www.dailytimes.com.pk...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If this is true I'm glad the U.S. is doing it. I serves two purposes - information gathering and as a form of intimidation.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
These drones do the same job as surveillance satellites except much better as they can hover over the same area for many hours.

We spy on many other countries besides just Iran.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
To bad those Iranian do not have a fleet, we would wipe them out and bury them into the sea. I served on a carrier in the 80's, we heard a lot about Saddam, and Iranian leaders. We should keep an eye on them, they have followers in Iraq. It may be possible they have the idea of taking Iraq before the new government is strong enough. I do recall having a guest speaker who was a hostage in Iran back in 1979. Carter was President at the time, he tried to rescue these Americans in Iran. The mission failed due to machanical problems. I do not care if we do fly drones over their air space, they deserve what coming to them. Americans who went their to help people have been harrassed and killed over the years. Someone was always following them whereever they went.
Just another tough call to do observation on a country who will threaten anyone of what nukes they are trying to make. I do not feel sorry for that government.

Golden Shellback

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm not seeing an issue with this other than the potential for violation of airspace. This would be in line with Iran claiming that US aircraft have been violating their airspace.
Seems to be following standard military operating procedures and intelligence gathering doctrines.
Iran has drones, as well.
www.haaretz.com... Y" target="_blank" class="postlink">Report: Iran admits to supplying Hezbollah with drones
When will they likewise admit to using drones to observe US and Iraqi border troop activities for intelligence purposes?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well not doubt is a violation of their air space, but is not like they don't know about it, they have seen them.

And also Iran maybe able to see what US troops are doing across the border and on Aircraft in the gulf, but is not way they can reach to see anything else.

Also do Iran have any type of surveillance satellite or something like it?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

as posted by Marg

Yes, Marg.
Iran's Satellites
Russia To Launch Iran Spy Satellites: Report

seekerof

Sep

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

seekerof beat me to it

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Sep]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Thanks Seekerof, I am amazed that they are so into technology, I keep thinking that Iran is just a hole in the desert but hey they are keeping up with technology.

Thanks Sep.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I love it...

If Iran complains in public it amounts to saying that they can't defend their airspace. Such an admission would underscore the weakness of the Iranian government and justify revolution.

If it does state that this is going on, publicly, the Iranian government just focuses the American public's attention on all the shady things it is doing.

Sep

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
If Iran complains in public it amounts to saying that they can't defend their airspace. Such an admission would underscore the weakness of the Iranian government and justify revolution.

Are you joking or serious?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Who really is the aggressor here? just makes you wonder...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So the cat is finally out of the bag eh?

Those drones probably is some thing the Iranians had never seen before and maybe this is the reason why they called it a UFO.Go figure,UFO: Unidentified Flying Object.Well,they can't identify it I guess.

U.S has done this many times so it isn't really surprising if they were the ones behind the "UFOs".

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Who really is the aggressor here? just makes you wonder...

There is no question.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
"America is the only nation in history which miraculously has gone directly from barbarism to degeneration without the usual intervention of civilisation."-George Clemenceau.

The french dude is right!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join