It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millennials aren’t having enough babies to keep up with generation before them

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Big surprise!!! My generation isn't having kids!!!

Geee.... I wonder why......

fox8.com...

According to Indy100.com, the fertility rate in 2010 was 2.1, meaning it kept pace with deaths. The most recent data shows the number is 1.8. That means “negative” population growth. “The fertility rate decline is driven entirely by millennial mothers in their teens and twenties. Birth rates for all age groups of women under 30 fell to record lows in 2016,” the Negative Population Growth report said.

Ohhhh... I don't know. Maybe it's economic? Nah can't be! We don't even have jobs!!!

Generation Me

In the US, UK, and Japan, the generation of citizens aged 19-35 are the first in modern memory on course to be worse off than their parents. To take perhaps the most striking example, roughly half of Japanese Millennials aged 20 to 29 in 2015 reported still living with their parents.

Really it should say because we are the first generation to be lazier then the last one. No really. Things are easier than ever!

Money money money, my money!

No really that title should America's theme song and national anthem because that's all anyone cares about.

Worrying about your finances is common in the workplace — but for millennials, it’s even more pronounced.

A new study shows that millennials are far more likely to spend hours at work concerned about their financial stress than their older colleagues. About 67% of millennials say financial stress overtakes their ability to focus and be productive at work, according to a report from Bank of America Merrill Lynch Workplace Benefits. That’s more than twice as likely as baby boomers — 32% of whom worry about the same thing.

Could it be stress related? No way! We don't work hard so it's obviously not stress.

You picked the wrong degree loser.

You’ve probably heard the statistics: Americans owe over $1.45 trillion in student loan debt, spread out among about 44 million borrowers. That’s about $620 billion more than the total U.S. credit card debt. In fact, the average Class of 2016 graduate has $37,172 in student loan debt, up six percent from last year.

Could it student loans??? Nah!!!!! Those are cheap!! Pshhh. This is nothing anyway. Millennials just don't realize that our grandparents didn't even have to go to college they were apprenticed through everything and handed the world's most thriving economy EVER in world history in post apocalyptic WW2 world.

Anyway. Back to blaming all of our problems on kids and hollyweird meanwhile my kids are struggling to survive, losers.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

If I had a child now, I doubt that the country/world will be a better place in twenty to thirty years.

I truly despise the direction it's all going in, why bring someone else into the mess, even if I can make sure they'll be financially sound.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

fox8.com...

According to Indy100.com, the fertility rate in 2010 was 2.1, meaning it kept pace with deaths. The most recent data shows the number is 1.8. That means “negative” population growth. “The fertility rate decline is driven entirely by millennial mothers in their teens and twenties. Birth rates for all age groups of women under 30 fell to record lows in 2016,” the Negative Population Growth report said.

Ohhhh... I don't know. Maybe it's economic? Nah can't be! We don't even have jobs!!!

Generation Me

In the US, UK, and Japan, the generation of citizens aged 19-35 are the first in modern memory on course to be worse off than their parents. To take perhaps the most striking example, roughly half of Japanese Millennials aged 20 to 29 in 2015 reported still living with their parents.

Really it should say because we are the first generation to be lazier then the last one. No really. Things are easier than ever!

No really that title should America's theme song and national anthem because that's all anyone cares about.

Worrying about your finances is common in the workplace — but for millennials, it’s even more pronounced.

A new study shows that millennials are far more likely to spend hours at work concerned about their financial stress than their older colleagues. About 67% of millennials say financial stress overtakes their ability to focus and be productive at work, according to a report from Bank of America Merrill Lynch Workplace Benefits. That’s more than twice as likely as baby boomers — 32% of whom worry about the same thing.

Could it be stress related? No way! We don't work hard so it's obviously not stress.

You’ve probably heard the statistics: Americans owe over $1.45 trillion in student loan debt, spread out among about 44 million borrowers. That’s about $620 billion more than the total U.S. credit card debt. In fact, the average Class of 2016 graduate has $37,172 in student loan debt, up six percent from last year.

Could it student loans??? Nah!!!!! Those are cheap!! Pshhh. This is nothing anyway. Millennials just don't realize that our grandparents didn't even have to go to college they were apprenticed through everything and handed the world's most thriving economy EVER in world history in post apocalyptic WW2 world.

Anyway. Back to blaming all of our problems on kids and hollyweird meanwhile my kids are struggling to survive, losers.

Millennials as parents???

Thank go the're not having kids......

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't think we're short people.

We'll be ok.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I would also venture to say that many people whom may be well off finacially, may not be having any for the mere fact of who would want to bring a child into this "current" world as it is today? I am sure that plays a part for some people. But yes economics seems to be a key factor.

I am sure the statistics might be a little different when comparing races vs abortion rates as well. Some people do not need a dime to keep producing. Not taking any shots at any given group of people but it is a small slice of the pie.

edit on 21-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I would love to be a father but $2100 a month medical insurance bills prevent that from happening.

It's cheaper to be on welfare than it is to be a parent.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I would love to be a father but $2100 a month medical insurance bills prevent that from happening.

That's quite true and I am sorry, that does indeed suck royally for people who want to have children, but cannot due to the state of finances they are in. I do not have any kids but I could not afford one at all even if I did. Hopefully things change for you and you are able to find a way to have some whilst at the same time not struggling to make it work.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Clearly millennials are far more responsible than previous generations, they understand they will never be financially secure enough to have kids .

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

We'll be ok.

You'll say that right until you are taxed more to pay for Social Security and Medicare. Where else do you think the money for it comes from except the generations that follow yours?

link   

We'll be ok.

The implications of this are long term.

link   

It's cheaper to be parent on welfare than it is to be a parent the financially responsible way. I think you have it backward.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's the skinny jeans.

The kids can't get them off to do anything, and when they finally do, the "equipment" is suffering from shell shock.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As a Millennial I can tell you there are many reasons why this is happening (not happening?). None are good and you can thank reality TV for it and Social Media.

The ones that are parents parade the kids on FB all day.

The one that are not parents only want to have fun and travel all the time.

The rest are losers that want nothing but to "just be"

They are also heavily medicated for one mythical problem or another that some shrink said they have related to anxiety.

It's a mess.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

SOY

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

fox8.com...

Generation Me

This is what is called demographic transition.www.populationeducation.org...

"In Stage 1, which applied to most of the world before the Industrial Revolution, both birth rates and death rates are high. As a result, population size remains fairly constant but can have major swings with events such as wars or pandemics.
In Stage 2, the introduction of modern medicine lowers death rates, especially among children, while birth rates remain high; the result is rapid population growth. Many of the least developed countries today are in Stage 2.
In Stage 3, birth rates gradually decrease, usually as a result of improved economic conditions, an increase in women’s status, and access to contraception. Population growth continues, but at a lower rate. Most developing countries are in Stage 3.
In Stage 4, birth and death rates are both low, stabilizing the population. These countries tend to have stronger economies, higher levels of education, better healthcare, a higher proportion of working women, and a fertility rate hovering around two children per woman. Most developed countries are in Stage 4.
A possible Stage 5 would include countries in which fertility rates have fallen significantly below replacement level (2 children) and the elderly population is greater than the youthful population."

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's money... Only 1 out of 10 of my close friends have a kid and it's because they don't feel they can provide for them properly. We gave up our country for corporate profits and we will get it in the end. Remember to send your corporations roses

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We'll be ok.

You'll say that right until you are taxed more to pay for Social Security and Medicare. Where else do you think the money for it comes from except the generations that follow yours?

Cute.

Figures a response like that from you.

Original point remains: we're not short people.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Could there be a link between the personal savings rate of the generation that gave us the Millenials?

Sure looks like it: Historical US Personal Savings' Rate

A steady, almost unmitigated, decline in the personal savings rate from 1990 - 2005...maybe their parents are to blame for not instilling a good sense of the value of money?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's cheaper to be parent on welfare than it is to be a parent the financially responsible way. I think you have it backward.

Have you spent considerable time on welfare?
edit on 21-11-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're assuming there will be jobs existing for the future generation.
With all the automation going on and coming in the future..we will become obsolete.
It's becoming a human pyramid scheme, not quite yet but it's coming..the concept of needing more people who will be paying taxes, it will collapse.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join