It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Navy Reservist With 11 Kids Heads to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A Navy Reserve solider will be .ing to Iraq later this month. What makes this unusual is the fact that he is leaving behind 11 children. Johnnie Chennault, insists that he does not regret serving in the Reserve, but does worry about his family. He had attempted to enlist in four branches of the service, but was turned down due to the number of children he has. However, that was not an issue with the reserves.

story.news.yahoo.com
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Johnnie Chennault has no regrets about joining the Navy Reserve, even though it means he's going to Iraq later this month. But he does worry about not being around to help take care of his house full of 11 kids.

"Leaving my children, leaving my wife for so long — you're going to miss all the little things as the kids grow up," he said.

Chennault and his wife Ronda have a full range of children of all ages growing up at their home in Springfield, a small town about 30 miles north of Nashville: Terr'i, 17; Stephen, 15; Jobie, 14; Joshua, 12; Zakari, 8; Johnnie IV, 7; Mikal, 6; Syerra, 4; Gracee, 3; Jakob, 1; and Nikalus, 8 months.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have one child at home and its is exhausting, i cannot fathom taking care of 11. It is mind boggling to me. I am also glad to see that the active forces turned him down due to the number of children he has. His loss would be devastating to his family. He is also luck that his employer Sears, will make up the difference in his salary while on duty. many companies would not do this.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The risk of war is always upon us. I don't understand why on earth anyone in this day and age would have 11 children!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most americans don't live on farms anymore and therefore don't have to have that many children. The father is an adult and DECIDED to have that many children even though the best job he could get was at SEARS!! He then took a ob with the reserves and now is upset that he has to be shipped out! That's what the reserves are! I'm thankful that he's doing this for the US, but I can't feel sorry for him. And Corporations have never been obligated, EVER to compensate for losses incurred by those who CHOOSE to enter the reserves.

new topics

join