It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimbabwe: Robert Mugabe resigns as president triggering mass street celebrations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Robert Mugabe has resigned as Zimbabwe's president, shortly after Parliament began an impeachment process to end his nearly four decades of rule.

www.abc.net.au...

Jesus! Did that take a while or what? Like a child sulking. Just get out will ya?

"My decision to resign is voluntary on my part and arises from my concern for the welfare of the people of Zimbabwe and my desire for a smooth, non-violent transfer of power," said Mr Mugabe in the letter read out in Parliament.

edit on 21-11-2017 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Robert Mugabe has resigned as Zimbabwe's president, shortly after Parliament began an impeachment process to end his nearly four decades of rule.

www.abc.net.au...

Jesus! Did that take a while or what? Like a child sulking. Just get out will ya?

"My decision to resign is voluntary on my part and arises from my concern for the welfare of the people of Zimbabwe and my desire for a smooth, non-violent transfer of power," said Mr Mugabe in the letter read out in Parliament.

Wow only took 37 years...I guess they don't have term limits in Zimbabwe....I say Hillary should run for THEIR election, the level of corruption and oppression would probably end up being about the same as under him...second thought, we do not need her in a position of power anywhere!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

With the track record that most African nations have of warlords and dictators, this goes to show actual democratic progress is shaping. Let's hope it transitions smoothly.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

the only concern he has - is for his own welfare

and the only violence he wishes to avoid is the spectre of someone deciding thast his death will be the way forward

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm surprised they just didn't kill him. Totally warranted IMO.

What happened to his wife?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It happened under Trump's watch, another win!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

With the track record that most African nations have of warlords and dictators, this goes to show actual democratic progress is shaping. Let's hope it transitions smoothly.

From what I read it's the old guard Rhodesian Freedom fighters, not any new Reformers in power now. I wouldn't expect much from them. Mugabe was too much even for them!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
China gets its prize Zimbabwe
Russia gets Syria
Israel gets Lebanon
USA gets North Korea
Saudi gets Iran

The terms of the deal were finalised long ago
edit on 21/11/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

............but what do I get?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I wonder who the TPTB will put in as puppet President now?.
2nd.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

new topics

top topics

join