It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC plan would give Internet providers power to choose the sites customers see and use

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The fact that a company such as facebook is protected by the govt to the extent that it punishes the ISP by forcing them to handle the huge bandwidth of facebook without being able to charge more is a disgrace.

Who is forcing anyone to do anything? if the bandwidth is 26mb/s as I am on, and I suck down 26mb/s all day every day, I am paying for that to my ISP. If they over sell a product that they cannot maintain, that's not up to us to remedy by being forced to pay more for specific services.

Most people are still on a quota pack. Meaning if they have 500gb data allowed a month, once they hit that 500gb they are speed limited to 256kb/s or less. at least here.

If I only look at 20 websites then I wouldn't opt for the 500gb 26mb/s plan at $80 a month, would I.. I'd go for the 12mb/s 50gb a month plan at $25...

If I wanted to add netflix to my plan, I'd change plans to include faster bandwidth and more quota. IT IS ALREADY IN PLACE.

Jesus christ on a bike, this is all backasswards.

edit on 29-11-2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
its insane that people here are against NN... without it.. you might not even be able to access ATS anymore.. b/c your isp would block it...

and that is the problem

Nah, ATS will pay the huge bill to allow us access, out of the goodness of their hearts.

it's all good.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: TheMZA

Yep. and that won't change.

ETA: if anything, it will probably get cheaper.

As long as the provider pays.

So enjoy your 3 channel tv from the 70's.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

4 channels. Why do you disregard PBS?

Maybe you needed more tinfoil on your rabbit ears.

edit on 11/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

But you'll always be able to pay for fast and uncensored internet because there's an insatiable appetite for it.

There is an insatiable demand for global internet access in North Korea, yet no-one can get it. One of the myths of capitalism is that demand creates supply. It does not. Those who control the supply determine whose demands are met. It doesn't matter whether it is the government or the private sector. Net Neutrality guarantees that demand will be met fairly.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

But you'll always be able to pay for fast and uncensored internet because there's an insatiable appetite for it.

There is an insatiable demand for global internet access in North Korea, yet no-one can get it. One of the myths of capitalism is that demand creates supply. It does not. Those who control the supply determine whose demands are met. It doesn't matter whether it is the government or the private sector. Net Neutrality guarantees that demand will be met fairly.

Its not a myth. Nkorea doesn't practice capitalism so how can you say that?

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Jiggly
its insane that people here are against NN... without it.. you might not even be able to access ATS anymore.. b/c your isp would block it...

and that is the problem

Nah, ATS will pay the huge bill to allow us access, out of the goodness of their hearts.

it's all good.

I have a theory that websites will start using client PC's to mine cryptocurrency to fund operating costs as an alternative to subscriptions... ad revenue won't work.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If this passes I'm ripping up my FCC licenses. I don't want to be connected to that lying dirt bag FCC Chairman Ajit Pai. I might start up computer hacking as a new hobby lol.

We Must Act Fast to Save Net Neutrality & Our Internet Before December 14th - Urgent Call to Action
www.youtube.com...

The FCC and Congress are voting on December 14th, 2017 to repeal the Net Neutrality laws that protect us internet users from ISP's Throttling, Blocking or Prioritizing internet traffic by regulating the ISP's (not the internet) as a utility so you can buy bandwidth and use it however you like without restrictions. Without the Net Neutrality laws in place the Internet as we know it will no longer exist and we will have to pay for premium packages and bundles for our favorite websites like Twitter, Facebook and Reddit.

The internet service providers like Comcast, Charter, AT&T and Verizon have been campaigning with the FCC using lies claiming that Net Neutrality means the government has control of the internet which couldn't be further from the truth. If Net Neutrality goes away the government can literally control what you see and what you can post and I'll tell you why in this video. Please make sure you share this video with as many people as possible and get the word out. It's critically important everyone gets involved and lets congress know we will not vote for people that takes bribes from ISP's like 265 people already have.

Comcast is so confident Net Neutrality is going away that they've already updated their promises to include they will start prioritizing traffic the second the law is repealed. Please use the links below to contact as many people as possible and voice your concern and let congress and your senators know you will not vote them back in if they vote against Net Neutrality.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You don't even realize the irony/stupidity of pointing out a governmnet using force to keep people from having the internet while at the same time, demanding our government control the internet. It's F#ing amazing how devoid of reason you have become.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Mods should delete this. This is just blatant spam, copy and pasted from elsewhere.

Hey look, here's another place you copy/pasted from. It's all over the internet if you search google. That ought to give you an outright suspension: vidmoon.co...
edit on 3-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Mods should delete this. This is just blatant spam, copy and pasted from elsewhere.

Hey look, here's another place you copy/pasted from. It's all over the internet if you search google. That ought to give you an outright suspension: vidmoon.co...

If I said that you would accuse me of censorship.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You don't even realize the irony/stupidity of pointing out a governmnet using force to keep people from having the internet while at the same time, demanding our government control the internet. It's F#ing amazing how devoid of reason you have become.

Scarecrow argument. I am not calling for government control of the internet, I am advocating government regulation of the corporations controlling the internet. You know, the big globalist corporations.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Way to go Sherlock, if you watched the video you would know it's not spam, and that your free to pass around the info.

The fact is the FCC Chairman Ajit Pai is a liar. If you give the FCC an inch they will go a mile.

edit on 22122231pm312017Sun, 03 Dec 2017 22:22:42 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

LOL you think there's a difference? Naivete is strong within you!

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It's spam. Just political spam. Further you didnt put it in quotations nor did you attribute it. All violations of T&C.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Not if I had copied and pasted 3 large paragraphs with no attribution. But I wouldn't do that so if you said it to me, you'd be censoring my speech. Not a spambot.

If you'd like to say those things, put them in your words or in quotations with a proper attribution.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

That's because it's not spam, it's more like facts that is freely available to post. No need to quote when it's not copyrighted or spam.

Bro, why you bending over for big corporations?

So are you saying that the FCC and Congress are NOT voting on December 14th, 2017?

It's all facts.

Fact:
Without the Net Neutrality laws in place the Internet as we know it will no longer exist and we will have to pay for premium packages and bundles for our favorite websites like Twitter, Facebook and Reddit.

Fact:
If Net Neutrality goes away the government can literally control what you see. This is why internet service providers like Comcast, Charter, AT&T and Verizon have been campaigning with the FCC using lies.

Fact:
Comcast is so confident Net Neutrality is going away that they've already updated their promises to include they will start prioritizing traffic the second the law is repealed.

edit on 49124931pm312017Sun, 03 Dec 2017 22:49:46 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

It's also a fact that you can make an extra $1,000/mo working from your computer! Still spam.

As for your facts
1: false. you may believe that to be the case, but it's unknowable at this point.
2: false. Removing utility status does nothing of the sort
3: True! but thank goodness! Prioritization will result in better reliability for everyone. And the FCC has also said if ISP's begin abusing this, the FCC will revisit their decision.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It's not spam, maybe you should look up the definition.

Spam:

irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients. unwanted or intrusive advertising on the Internet.

I posted relevant and appropriate information. If you don't like it there is complain button, probably best to use that than cry about it in the open.

1. Fact:
Watch this video over.

2. Fact:

Even the young turds agree.

3. Fact: FCC government prioritization is control of information = death to the internet freedom.

It would be foolish to believe what the FCC said, they have already been caught lying to the public about Net Neutrality.

edit on 07120731am312017Mon, 04 Dec 2017 10:07:43 -0600 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

it would be foolish to believe what the FCC said, they have already been caught lying to the public about Net Neutrality.

Just to be clear, this is the agency you're relying on to "save the internetz!" LOL! you guys are like a caricature of the hive mind.

One minute the FCC can't be trusted, the next you demand they have more power.
edit on 4-12-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join