It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Dangerous President

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
The inheritance tax rollback benefits any and all who are't spending their children's future downing 12 packs and chain smoking packs of cigarettes everyday while they struggle to get their kids designer clothes and new tablets they break every quarter.

Im not rich and I have stuff today to leave to my kids. If I kick the bucket in forty years there will be much more for them to get, because I don't burn all my money on stupid expensive #. So you can blame the losers and the idiots if they got nothing to leave their kids. Cuz before electronics, the average person and family usually had something to leave their kids.

And Russian agents, really?? You still playing that broken record of a dead horse being beaten??

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Why the need to leave something to your kids? Its always seemed like an odd quirk of humanity.

I've told my mother to burn through everything she has and die penniless. Ill take care of her until she passes. The last thing I want is the vultures known as my sisters to descend on my moms stuff and pick it over like a corpse in the sun. Buncha freaking cockroaches.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

But you are ok with leaving the kids with increased trillions in debt and paying for never ending wars?

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Because leaving things to your children is how they move up the social ladder over the next couple of generations and actually become influential in the community. Why even bother raising the children if you don't want them to be better off? Just throw them to the wolves the moment their born and be done with it. if you don't care for their future and the future of their heirs, is there even any point in making sure they can go to college or vocational for their own success?
a reply to: MOMof3
Thats just how our system works. Take advantage of it, use it, or just keep griping about it. Maybe after a few generations of them having good things and assets left to them, they can reach a level of political influence where someone could do something meaningful about the policies they gripe about??

The rich politicians and wealthy families of today did not get there by saying "oh hey, why bother leaving anything to my kids. I'll just make sure we are all penniless and broke so the struggle has to be started over everytime generation"
They saved money, invested, passed it on. That growth bought the influence. The politicians we complain about today, many of them had families that were smart enough to pass something on. And by having that edge, they are able to enter the ruling class.

A big fallacy is people expect that a centuries old deeply entrenched system could be changed in their own lifetime. Unfortunately, we did not get this system to where it is today in one lifetime, and it will not be fixed in one lifetime.

But keep the family trust stable and growing with a mission plan for generations, and maybe the complainers in 150 years will actually have somebody that can change things then.

Or really, what I am saying is, if you want to move the Rothschilds over, or break a niche near them, you have to plan for subsequent generations of your family and leave a responsible heir that will follow through and carry on the mission.

Now hey, if that ain't your goal no problem, it does not have to be. But even the red shield family had an ancestor that was dirt poor before they made it big. The problem with much of the servant class of humanity, we have romantic ideals about overhauling a way of life in our own lifetime. It takes several lifetimes to change a system.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Lol. The debt doesn’t matter now because you are a republican or not American.
edit on 1-12-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

edit on 1-12-2017 by MOMof3 because: Dp

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

But you are ok with leaving the kids with increased trillions in debt and paying for never ending wars?

The feds need to stop spending so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22915753]burdman30ott6[/post

Then you must be protesting the new tax giveaway that will cost taxpayers trillions.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=22915753]burdman30ott6[/post

Then you must be protesting the new tax giveaway that will cost taxpayers trillions.

"I'm stealing less of what you earned" does not equal spending. Ever hear of not counting your chickens before they've hatched? The federal government needs to adopt that policy, taxing as little as possible to provide strictly Constitutionally mandated services and running lean enough to provide refunds to every tax payer each year even after taxing as lightly as possible.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

How does not "leaving something to my children" equate to throwing them to the wolves? My son isnt a Master candidate all on his own.

My financial worth has been poured into my sons. Ive left them a better start than i had.
edit on 12/1/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Thats wonderful. Then why the contradicting statements about questioning leaving assets to your heirs? I am not understanding .

Perhaps I was a bit dramatic initially.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Then you must not like the new tax plan. It raises taxes on millions, I mean stealing more of what the middle class earns as you say. Lies just drip like slobber from tax dodgers like trump.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The inheritance tax rollback benefits any and all who are't spending their children's future downing 12 packs and chain smoking packs of cigarettes everyday while they struggle to get their kids designer clothes and new tablets they break every quarter.

Im not rich and I have stuff today to leave to my kids. If I kick the bucket in forty years there will be much more for them to get, because I don't burn all my money on stupid expensive #. So you can blame the losers and the idiots if they got nothing to leave their kids. Cuz before electronics, the average person and family usually had something to leave their kids.

And Russian agents, really?? You still playing that broken record of a dead horse being beaten??

I love the stereotypes you have chosen. The federal inheritance tax only kicks in if there are over $1,500,00 in assets. That's a lot of beer and cigarettes. And Russian agents? Read the news... Flynn has pleaded guilty and is about to turn. Tick tock.
edit on 1-12-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Then you must not like the new tax plan. It raises taxes on millions, I mean stealing more of what the middle class earns as you say. Lies just drip like slobber from tax dodgers like trump.

I've reviewed it, and frankly its tax "raises" seem to be an issue people who live in high tax states need to take up with their governors and legislators.

I'm not in love with the plan, but it is a fair sight better than the rogering we're taking under the current plan.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Why the need to leave something to your kids? Its always seemed like an odd quirk of humanity.

I think the main point is that it should be whoever earned the assets' decision where all of the assets go when the earner passes. I find it repugnant that we have a system by which an individual's death entitles the government to claim 40% +/- of their remaining assets, most of which have already been taxed. 100% of an individual's earnings which have already been taxed should go to that individual's beneficiaries.

Death/inheritance taxes are a royal screw job and they only exist because we have politicians who can only remain in power by paying their voters to vote for them working alongside politicians who are addicted to spending tax payer dollars.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I live in red state Idaho. They have grocery tax, income tax, property taxes, water taxes. And my fed taxes will go up because they eliminated the 15% bracket and all my deductions. I don’t know what I did to deserve that.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I live in red state Idaho. They have grocery tax, income tax, property taxes, water taxes. And my fed taxes will go up because they eliminated the 15% bracket and all my deductions. I don’t know what I did to deserve that.

It would appear that Idaho Republicans are trying to remedy that,
idahostatejournal.com...

I suggest you talk to your state reps about doing what's right and cutting spending dramatically to reduce the need for the ridiculous overtaxation you're being assaulted with.

ETA: The loss of state and local tax writeoffs from federal taxes is one of the crown jewels in this tax plan in my opinion. It will finally force a lot of people to take a long and hard look at state tax rates once and for all and, more importantly, it will make them angry. When tax payers get angry, they demand changes and those demands usually involve reducing spending and reducing rates. It's a beautiful self correcting process when allowed to holistically occur.

edit on 1-12-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

So nothing about this tax plan is to help middle class like the republicans are selling. It’s punitive, got it.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

So nothing about this tax plan is to help middle class like the republicans are selling. It’s punitive, got it.

90 some percent of the middle class' taxes will go down under this plan. That would seem to be helping us. I think what you mean to say is nothing in this tax plan helps tax payers who are OK with massive state and local taxes and will be detrimental to the spend, spend, spend tendencies of states and metro areas.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Do the math over 45 years, you will become surprised at just how much beer and cigs actually cost over the lifetime. Not to mention the potential growth that money would have provided over the same 45 year period.

Flynn is in trouble for process violation, nothing more. Russia gate has died with that plea. Good luck with your annual prayers though.

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join