It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.I.P. Bob Ferris.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Rodney Bewes, who played the character Bob Ferris in the classic comdies, " The Likely Lads " and " Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads ", has passed away age 79.

Those two comedies where some of the great classics during the BBC's golden age of comedy.

R.I.P Rodney Bewes. You made me laugh.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You made me double take then as I know your English yet had no idea who had died.

He did some great radio stuff as well.

79 is a good age and he had a good career.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Your post prompted me to take a peek at an old Likely Lads episode from 1974.

I'd like to say it was worth 5 minutes in memoriam, but actually I watched all 41:32 minutes, laughed out loud, and was utterly entranced by the quality of the writing, production, and acting.

Great thing about YouTube is this stuff probably won't be wiped.

Do yourself a favour a give it a view.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Sad news, and sadder still that he fell out with co star James Bolam...after revealing to a newspaper in 1976 that Bolam's wife was pregnant.

Bolam, who was fastidiously private, was allegedly furious with Rodney, and the pair never spoke again.

Bolam denies that the pair fell out, but I think, reading between the lines, it's pretty obvious they did.

Bewes claimed that Bolam prevented the BBC from showing repeats of The Likely Lads, refused to appear on This Is Your Life when Bewes was the guest star, and failed to get in touch to offer condolences when Bewes' wife died.

One of Bolam's personal quotes sums him up well: "I'm having some new track rods fitted on my car. I don't want to know anything about the man who's doing it. Why should he want to know about me?"

Erm, because you are the famous actor, James Bolam, who's done loads of stuff on telly?

top topics

join