It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual harassment tally...Right V Left

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Stop being a partisan shill please.
Every real man in america understands that sexual harassment is not a left right problem it's a male problem.
Stop trying to use this to push your agenda.

If you really gave a damn about women at all you would be calling out ALL MEN with out exception.

Sexual harassment can be committed by women as well as by men, and not all men are guilty of doing it. No, it isn't a "male problem".

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Every real man in america understands that sexual harassment is not a left right problem it's a male problem.

If you really gave a damn about women at all you would be calling out ALL MEN with out exception.

Sexual harassment can be committed by women as well as by men, and not all men are guilty of doing it. No, it isn't a "male problem".

I have cooled off a lot since posting that yesterday. So I don't feel like killing anyone over this right now, like I was. lol
Just see where I'm coming from. I'm a 37 year old who has seen men harass women all his life. I have seen more guys doing it, than not doing it. Starting with my father. I see it still happen today with my 3 sisters and my mother and most of the other women I know in my life. So few times have I ever seen a guy get into any real trouble about it though. I grew up thinking that it was the duty of good men to keep each other in check when it comes to women. So when I see some many of us do things like this with no consequences, It does make me angry.
I myself am guilty as well. I have stepped over the line and no one stepped up and told me to stop. But they should have. May be keeping our collective mouths shut about it is on all our shoulders. But right now it is mostly women who are speaking out about harassment. I don't see a lot of men coming forward on their own. Please understand that I am not talking about physical assault or rape. I'm talking about sexual harassment. Men that think and treat women as if they owe their bodies to them. For what ever reason. He gave you a raise, he gave you complement, he took you to dinner, he is your husband. That's what I am talking about with sexual harassment being a male issue.
Maybe I don't see it but is it common for a women to expect sex from a man if she takes him out? Is it common for women in position of power to pressure a man into doing sexual favors he doesn't want to do? We all know and understand that image of the ugly overweight ceo coming on to his secretary while she just deals with it out of fear of losing her job. But where are the ugly overweight female ceo doing the same thing? Sometimes people like to point to the few cases that a teachers did this. But if that's the only thing that you can say then you prove my point.
The occurrence of sexual harassment in the USA is coming mostly from the male populating. Thus it is up to us as men to educate each other about our actions.

(please don't try and avoid my point by focusing on the ugly overweight line. It's irrelevant. They can be any shape or size.)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Bullhockey, Sexual Harrassment is a female thing too. You must be a male hater!

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I've been sexually harassed by a number of women on a number of occasions and at least part of it seems to be a result of, "I'm a pretty woman who can get away with it, a man wouldn't dare complain". They seemed to think it was cute or funny, like some lady sticking I'd barely said two words to sticking her hand down my pants at a bar while I was out having drinks with colleagues.

But I'd also say men are guilty of it at a higher rate. Of course, women seem to use their bodies for various advantages more often than men. I've seen and been a part of numerous women using their "sexiness", for lack of a better term, to separate themselves from an otherwise equal candidate or as another example, I know women who'd go to bars, dress as slutty as possible and use that to hit on guys to get them to buy them free drinks, with zero intention of ever taking it further. Their game was lead guys on sexually for free drinks every weekend.

If one of those guys grabbed their asses? They deserved it in my book. They're the ones who sexualized the situation in the first place and then try to use it for personal gain.

Women aren't as innocent in all this as you think. Naive.

edit on 24-11-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

But I'd also say men are guilty of it at a higher rate.

In the end, this is my main point. So I feel like it's more on our shoulders to change it.

You must be very atractive.

I'm not bad to look at but I have never had a stranger that I just started talking to put their hands down my pants.
I have had women I just met ask me to have sex with them. I've even had strangers come up to me just to tell me they think I'm hot. I had a girl friend or two that liked to touch my genitals when I wasn't comfortable with them doing it. And once I had a girl who asked me for sex but when I said no she kept on asking. In fact she kept asking over the course of weeks till I put a stop to it.
But in all those cases I never once felt like I was the one without power. I never once felt like those women were even capable of doing stuff against my will.
I would say that this is a deference in the way a man will feel when harassed as apposed to how a women will feel.
We should acknowledge it.

That isn't to say there aren't large physically threatening women that harass men.
I'll concede the ratio to 70-30. Can you guys agree with that?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Their game was lead guys on sexually for free drinks every weekend.

See I like to get to know people. And I know girls that play these games. I really know them as the person they are separate from the games they play, and this is what they tell me.
The reward that guys get for buying them free drinks is being able to look at them freely and spend time in their company.
They are not giving you the right to touch them. If you do that your a fool, and I wouldn't call you a man. Every women I have ever been allowed to touch made it very clear that she wanted me to do so. And the times that I did it thinking they wanted me to when they didn't , I was being a fool. I was not being a man. If you pay attention to what the girl is saying and what kind of person she is more than you pay attention to what she is wearing the less mistakes like that you will make.
I have never had a bad relationship with a women, never. Not a bad friendship or sexual one. The women I know today will tell you that I am a man that understands women.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Bullhockey, Sexual Harrassment is a female thing too. You must be a male hater!

There ain't no man hate in me son.
But it is my duty as a real man to stop these little beta bitches from disrespecting our women. I am surprised your father didn't teach you that.

And if you have a problem with being harassed by women or you don't like seeing so many women harassing men then you need to talk to the women in your life and get them to stop it from happening.
edit on 24-11-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

The question might be who is opening the spigot on all these reveals?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My father wisely told me to steer clear of those, like you, who hate men.
edit on 24-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Why be part of a forum if you have such terrible reading comprehension.
We are not talking about men.
Men are beautiful.
We are talking about boys. Boys harass people , men do not.

But if your not out there stopping other men from harassing people than you can't claim to be a man yourself.
Do you agree with that statement?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't judge people before the evidence is in. Now someone can be publicly accused with out the accuser taking an oath that it is true. This mirrors the Red Scare more than Sexual Harassment.

Boys harass people, men do not.

But if your not out there stopping other men from harassing people than you can't claim to be a man yourself.
Do you agree with that statement?

No. I don't agree with your twisted logic, sorry.
edit on 25-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I have cooled off a lot since posting that yesterday. So I don't feel like killing anyone over this right now, like I was. lol
Just see where I'm coming from. I'm a 37 year old who has seen men harass women all his life. I have seen more guys doing it, than not doing it. Starting with my father. I see it still happen today with my 3 sisters and my mother and most of the other women I know in my life. So few times have I ever seen a guy get into any real trouble about it though. I grew up thinking that it was the duty of good men to keep each other in check when it comes to women. So when I see some many of us do things like this with no consequences, It does make me angry.

I can understand that! I have three girls, and God help anyone that harasses one of them! I'm a protective mom. Still I haven't seen much of that issue myself. Working, literally ONE person was a bit of a pest, and that was a younger coworker, who backed off when told. Never had a boss act that way. And, yeah, I got attention in my working days! I didn't consider a compliment to be harassment, though. I guess it somewhat depends on what we call harassment. Someone flirting, I don't consider an issue, as long as they back off if asked. A boss pushing for ex? That would be harassment, or very personal comments to a coworker. "Hey, you look really nice in that dress.", I don't see as an issue. Part of the problem is that the real problem people are being lumped together with guys (or girls_ making totally innocent comments, that are construed as something else, by an overly sensitive person. And, yes, guys are supposed to look out for the ladies, as you say. I am old school that way myself!

I myself am guilty as well. I have stepped over the line and no one stepped up and told me to stop. But they should have. May be keeping our collective mouths shut about it is on all our shoulders. But right now it is mostly women who are speaking out about harassment. I don't see a lot of men coming forward on their own. Please understand that I am not talking about physical assault or rape. I'm talking about sexual harassment. Men that think and treat women as if they owe their bodies to them. For what ever reason. He gave you a raise, he gave you complement, he took you to dinner, he is your husband. That's what I am talking about with sexual harassment being a male issue.

The worst, as a woman, I ever did was flirt a bit, and no one seemed to mind that. Can you more clearly define what you'd call actual harassment? I dated plenty of guys who weren't demanding anything. Some sure did want something, and were perhaps hopeful, but they didn't push. I know some do. Perhaps I just avoided those types?

Maybe I don't see it but is it common for a women to expect sex from a man if she takes him out? Is it common for women in position of power to pressure a man into doing sexual favors he doesn't want to do? We all know and understand that image of the ugly overweight ceo coming on to his secretary while she just deals with it out of fear of losing her job. But where are the ugly overweight female ceo doing the same thing? Sometimes people like to point to the few cases that a teachers did this. But if that's the only thing that you can say then you prove my point.
The occurrence of sexual harassment in the USA is coming mostly from the male populating. Thus it is up to us as men to educate each other about our actions.

(please don't try and avoid my point by focusing on the ugly overweight line. It's irrelevant. They can be any shape or size.)

I'd guess that some women in power would do the same thing. It's possible some guys don't complain, because maybe they are more willing, or perhaps are embarrassed to admit they weren't in control? It is said that guys have a stronger sex drive, though you couldn't prove it by me.

I guess I just want a sensible balance, between overly sensitive BS and ignoring real issues. There has to be a place where we can address the actual problem people without going overboard, as we have seen happen.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Can you more clearly define what you'd call actual harassment?

When a human using there physical, intellectual, or financial power to manipulate, coerce, intimidate , or force another human being to do something or act in a way that they do not want to do. Especially when the victim feels fear during the engagement. -----other than physical abuse and rape of course.

Flirting is not harassment. I flirt, and I enjoy when strangers flirt with me. Be a sad world if we could not engage in sexy banter with attractive people. But like you said, they have to back off when told to do so.
My opinion is that 99% of the people that do harass some one know that they are making the person uncomfortable.
I think that 50% of the people that harass others are doing it to feel powerful.
I think that 30% of the people who harass others do it because they enjoy controlling people.
The rest lie to themselves and rationalize it away. Those are the ones that say things like look what she was wearing or she said no but meant yes.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I guess I just want a sensible balance, between overly sensitive BS and ignoring real issues. There has to be a place where we can address the actual problem people without going overboard, as we have seen happen.

This would be nice.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I would suggest the root of the problem is 'bad, or absent parenting'.

Nobody has the "power" to affect an individual who decides to act out, not even parents, but they have more than most people.

They can provide a positive experience most of the time. It's true that even bad parents can have good kids, and the converse is true, good parents can give birth to a hellion.

First thing though is to realize that if you are not equipped to 'be a good parent', I'd say 'don't have kids'.

FWIW

edit on 28-11-2017 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Can you more clearly define what you'd call actual harassment?

When a human using there physical, intellectual, or financial power to manipulate, coerce, intimidate , or force another human being to do something or act in a way that they do not want to do. Especially when the victim feels fear during the engagement. -----other than physical abuse and rape of course.

Flirting is not harassment. I flirt, and I enjoy when strangers flirt with me. Be a sad world if we could not engage in sexy banter with attractive people. But like you said, they have to back off when told to do so.
My opinion is that 99% of the people that do harass some one know that they are making the person uncomfortable.
I think that 50% of the people that harass others are doing it to feel powerful.
I think that 30% of the people who harass others do it because they enjoy controlling people.
The rest lie to themselves and rationalize it away. Those are the ones that say things like look what she was wearing or she said no but meant yes.

So we agree on the definition! Good to know! I was always a flirt, when younger. Not as much now, being older, settled, married, etc. Still, it is sad that some label that as "harassment", when it's just normal behavior. The controlling sort, though, need to be dealt with. No excuse for that!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Asking me to define harassment was cool. My issue come from people who believe that anything I have to say negative about my own gender must mean I'm a man hater or a militant feminized or a fool.

On one hand I find it funny how triggered and upset guys become when I try to have these conversations.
On the other , I wish that more men would engage me the way you have.

This has been a nice conversation. I learned some stuff and that's the way it should be.
Would it be considered irony that you happen to be a women? lol

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

There are still thousands of sealed indictments waiting to be served. The spigot you refer to is only dripping at this point.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Asking me to define harassment was cool. My issue come from people who believe that anything I have to say negative about my own gender must mean I'm a man hater or a militant feminized or a fool.

On one hand I find it funny how triggered and upset guys become when I try to have these conversations.
On the other , I wish that more men would engage me the way you have.

This has been a nice conversation. I learned some stuff and that's the way it should be.
Would it be considered irony that you happen to be a women? lol

There is plenty say about either sex that is positive or negative, as far as that goes. None of us is perfect. That said, there are a lot of guys around these days who are actually being used as tools by the radical feminists. Some actually believe that being masculine is somehow wrong, and will behave in a very non-masculine fashion, to try and appease these feminists, who are often not very feminine, either. The entire thing is beyond ridiculous!

Some guys, I am sure, do feel that they are under attack, and rightly so, so are likely being more defensive as a result. People, make and female, tend to react to threat, perceived or real.

Irony or no, definitely a woman! I do have a tendency to gravitate more to guys for conversation, though, and always have. Huge action movie fan, etc. Very little patience for the "victim mentality" that seems to have seeped into so much of the feminist discussions. Yes, historically, there were some issues, such as not voting, and lower pay for actually equal work, but those were resolved long ago. I never cared for the idea that women being at home was a bad thing, either. Nothing a all wrong with stay-at-home moms! That's what I prefer. I have worked, and I have been hoe, and staying home works out best, as far as I am concerned. My kids have the supervision they need (and we home school, so that's another plus), my house stays in order, and I really do not want a career elsewhere. A career as "Mom" is just right. None of my kids has any serious issue, no crime, no drugs, no promiscuous behavior, none of that. The teens have their cranky moments, as they are teens, but they are good kids. Good grades, they do chores regularly, always behave in public, etc. Having the attention they need, with a focus on them, makes a difference.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join