It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia denies nuclear accident after radioactive traces found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thought this may be of interest.. All a little to hush hush for comfort..

Russia says a nuclear accident has not occurred on its territory despite "extremely high" traces of a radioactive isotope being found. Russia's weather service acknowledged it had measured pollution of ruthenium-106 at 1,000 times normal levels in the Ural mountains. It said there was no health risk. The announcement appeared to confirm a report by France's nuclear safety institute which detected a cloud of radioactive pollution over Europe. The Institute for Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) said on 9 November it had detected ruthenium-106 in France. It added that the source of contamination could have been an accident at a nuclear facility in either Russia or Kazakhstan. Both countries said nothing untoward had happened at their plants. The report by the Russian meteorological service, Roshydrome, is the first official data from the country supporting the French report. Roshydrome said two stations in the southern Ural mountains found "extremely high pollution" of the radioactive isotope between September and October.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Anything reported in Russia ? I wonder..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Interesting.

I read an article yesterday that says that scientists had Chernobyl wrong too.
One of the two explosions was a nuclear not a hydrogen explosion.

Those Russians are all over the nuclear map.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Institute for Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) said on 9 November it had detected ruthenium-106 in France.

Doesn't that mean France 'did it' ?

Simple test, each and every isotope is like fingerprints , traceable to its origins. IAEA keeps records of spectrographic records.

But France is NATO so, the Russians 'did it'.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Having actually been to Russia I'm surprised ANYTHING works.

The term "day drunk" isn't just an expression there. It's the NORM. Everything is broken, run down and rusting.

The world really should be concerned about a failed superpower's AGING nuclear capabilities. Radiation impacts everyone.

(Japan & Fukishima I'm ALSO looking at you!!!)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Definitely the first I’ve heard of this.

It’s really hard to explain away radioactive gases in the air that are not normally present via natural processes.

It is precisely because of the dangers associated with nuclear power and weapons that there are several national and international agencies that monitor the planet for traces of nuclear byproducts in the atmosphere.

link   
Double post
edit on 21 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Interesting.

Thats BS. Hydrogen gas goes bang, fuel burns.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Interesting.

Thats BS. Hydrogen gas goes bang, fuel burns.

That's what I thought too.
I understood that you need to compress uranium to make it explode.
But here is the article.

www.google.com...

www.sciencealert.com...

edit on 21-11-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Eta

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Institute for Radioprotection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) said on 9 November it had detected ruthenium-106 in France.

Simple test, each and every isotope is like fingerprints , traceable to its origins. IAEA keeps records of spectrographic records.

What is the prevailing wind direction in Europe? The ash cloud from that Icelandic volcano drifted from west to east.
edit on 21-11-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Not sure this piece is related and it took me awhile to track it down . I had read this awhile back and your thread sparked my brain cell :>)

There’s been an ever increasing number of reports about mysterious radioactive spikes observed across Europe. However, no official announcement has been made by any of the EU states, as officials are trying to downplay these reports as if they were mere allegations. As it’s been noted by the Independent, Iodine-131 is a man-made radioactive material that is being found in small amounts across the continent. It was found in northern Norway early in January, but has been gradually moving across the rest of Europe ever since. This radionuclide is among the main elements produced during nuclear fission, when uranium or plutonium is used as a fuel. High concentration levels of this radioisotope of iodine have been registered during nuclear tests and after the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. journal-neo.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Pretty much. By the time a reactor containment structure blows its lid the core has already been in crisis for sometime. What explodes is the hydrogen bubble built up from uncontrolled fission (burning fuel). Lighter than air hydrogen seeks the highest level in the containment structure. Once mixed with oxygen, then adding a source of ignition (any spark) form an electric panel, motor start, etc...

...you get the initial explosion, accompanied by more from rupture of coolant pipes and reservoirs turned to steam.

So you get multiple explosions, non of them 'nuclear ' , but all dirty with radioactive contamination.

You can near the multiple explosions in here when the number three reactor at Fukushima blew its top. As well as massive steam venting sounds.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That was my belief too, the hydrogen explodes.
But the article brings up a different scenario.

"But according to nuclear physicist Lars-Erik De Geer and his team from the Swedish Defence Research Agency, the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute, and Stockholm University, that first explosion was far more likely to have been nuclear."

Not sure how that works though.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

What is the prevailing wind direction in Europe? The ash cloud from that Icelandic volcano drifted from west to east.

Predominantly, wind direction is eastward over Europe. All the MSM outlets downplay it, saying its harmless or below danger levels (no such thing when dealing with radioactivity). They also say they been tracking the 'cloud' over europe.

The only thing I do know is that RU-106 is a by product from fission in nuclear reactors used in RTG's for space satellites and chemotherapy. If it had been from a reactor accident it would have been accompanied by other fission byproducts. According to the link below, the only thing detected was the ruthenium. But I hardly believe what they tell us anymore about accidental releases, anyway.

link

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

the soviets denied chenobyl had breached for 3 days

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The article states there is a disagreement about the explosions seen and heard at Chernobyl. Same with Fuku for that matter.
This release of ruthenium is not from a reactor accident. The above linked article explains it...

The IRSN ruled out an accident at a nuclear reactor, saying it would have resulted in contamination with other detectable airborne substances. The crash of a ruthenium-powered satellite was also ruled out, as no satellite fell to Earth during this time.

edit on 21-11-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The only thing I do know is that RU-106 is a by product from fission in nuclear reactors used in RTG's for space satellites and chemotherapy.

Has there been any satellite reentry or some kind of "meteor" seen over Europe that could have been a falling, not publicly known, satellite?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Winds over Europe, like all the northern hemisphere, move in more or less circular formations from west to east, so at first things move from west to east, but those circular formations (like week cyclones) move things in the atmosphere from north to south and vice versa, and also a little from east to west.

That's how radiation from Chernobyl got to western Europe, to places like France.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Has there been any satellite reentry or some kind of "meteor" seen over Europe that could have been a falling, not publicly known, satellite?

Good eye. I like that possibility the more I think about it. That could produce a wide blanket cloud of fallout, probably many miles downrange from where it reentered.

Any de-orbited space junk lately?

Wheres Phage and Oberg?

edit on 21-11-2017 by intrptr because: change

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just saw it on the news here in Finland, too.
Elevated concentrations of ruthenium 106 measured in Finland, Sweden and Norway.
Russia denies..

top topics

join