It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting a man anywhere in Universe/Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have a decent idea, I think.. and anyway I am young (17) so no insults to this idea

How about we just send one of our robots there (Mars) and on that robot we have a machine that will genetically engineer a man or something like that?

Also, is there anyway that we could beam out our genetic structure and then it lands on a planet and rebuilds the human?

I dunno, interesting thoughts from a guy without much knowledge.

I just love the site and the smart people here hhaha.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by dexterium]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dexterium
Also, is there anyway that we could beam out our genetic structure and then it lands on a planet and rebuilds the human?

Excellent idea. It is called directed panspermia, or deliberate colonization by bacterial spores. Spores are placed in hermetically sealed, radiation shielded and thermally stabilized capsules designed to navigate to re-entry and break open on impact. These capsules are accelerated by means of an electromagnetic mass driver or other means in deep space and launched towards candidate worlds. Their journey may take aeons. Given successful touchdown and suitable habitat, plus around 4 billion years of parallel evolution, you might get humans of some sort.

Welcome aboard!

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
17 eh. I would give anyting to be 17 again. Just keep an open mind my young friend. Question everything. Dont accept the first answer you hear or read. Trust science. If something sounds like bull it probably is. There are people on these pages who will try to convince you that black is white. You have inside your head the greatest thing the universe has yet come up with, your brain. Use it.

[edit on 13/2/05 by The Block]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is cool, hmm and interesting.

Yet scientists haven't so much as been able to create a maggot in the lab, let alone a human being........

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In terms of technology, why create such man-creating-machines? Terraforming has been a hotter topic on the issue of Martian exploration. If adaptation has kept us above other gene pools, then similar molds of the same face can be achieved elsewhere, such as Mars.

top topics

join