It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem John Conyers paid $27G harrassment settlement...another one bites the dust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Appears the longest standing member of the House used our tax payer dollars to cover up his sexual harassment. What a sick abuse of power. I would love to see the list of others that have done the same that is being kept sealed right now.

The longest-serving member of the House of Representatives reportedly settled a complaint from a female staffer who said she was fired after refusing his sexual advances.

Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) paid out more than $27,000 from his taxpayer-funded office budget after the woman filed a complaint through Congress’ Office of Compliance in 2014, according to Buzzfeed.

Conyers was accused of telling the former employee to touch his genitals, insisting she stay in his hotel room while they were traveling, and suggesting she would be promoted or compensated for performing sexual favors, according to the report.

Buzzfeed verified court documents supplied by Mike Cernovich, best known for popularizing the Pizzagate conspiracy theory. He said Democrats would go after him and discredit the story if he published the documents himself.

In the sworn testimonies, staff members said they either saw Conyers rubbing the legs or backs of other employees, or experienced unwanted contact themselves.

One affidavit read, “One of my duties while working for Rep. Conyers was to keep a list of women that I assumed he was having affairs with and call them at his request and, if necessary, have them flown in using Congressional resources.”

Another person employed on an unofficial basis for Conyers’ campaign said “he insisted that we stayed at his apartment with him” during a trip to the Congressional Black Caucus Convention.

“I was asked on multiple occasions to pick up women and bring them to Mr. Conyers’ apartments, hotel rooms, etc,” the employee added.

The 88-year-old Conyers is the top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee and the longest-serving current member of the House.

The government has paid more than $17 million in taxpayer money over the last 20 years to resolve claims of sexual harassment, overtime pay disputes and other workplace violations filed by employees of Congress.

Source
edit on 11/21/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I know why people don't vote.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Not that it matters, as both sides are scum, but your title says Dem and the article says Rep.

what the deal?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Gotta wonder what's being pushed through congress right now that's not being covered because of this harassment sh#.

Anyone heard of the "The USA Liberty Act"???

It has been over one month since the latest dangerous piece of legislation meant to infringe on Americans’ constitutional rights was introduced, and Congress is now moving forward with the bill that will have serious ramifications for all Americans by blatantly violating the freedoms guaranteed by the Fourth Amendment if it becomes law.

The USA Liberty Act has passed the House Judiciary Committee by a vote of 27-8, and as Congressman Justin Amash noted, all privacy advocates should be concerned about the overwhelming support the bill is receiving from Congress.

“The Liberty Act passed committee 27-8. It allows the government to search our private data without a warrant—in violation of the 4th Amendment,” Amash wrote on Twitter. “It’s another bill, like the Freedom Act, that furthers violations of our rights under the guise of protecting our rights.”

www.blacklistednews.com...
While we mull over the improprieties of others, its
just another day in Congress...ripping our rights to pieces...

Just an FYI...if anyone even cares...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Anyone from either party that used tax payer funds to settle a harassment suit should be tossed and stripped of their pension.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Not that it matters, as both sides are scum, but your title says Dem and the article says Rep.

what the deal?

Rep stands for representative. He is a democratic representative.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Anyone from either party that used tax payer funds to settle a harassment suit should be tossed and stripped of their pension.

But its against the law for private citizen to make this a law. Crazy world isnt It?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Conyers’ wife Monica, was sentenced to three years in prison over bribery charges in 2010.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

They make a perfect pair. Like Bill & Hillary.

At least now I know what Conyers has been doing with his time. Because he damn sure hasn't been using it to help his constituency.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Take them all down, I don't care which party they're from.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
List of payouts

Would love to see the names associated with all of these that my tax dollars went to bail out.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
List of payouts

Would love to see the names associated with all of these that my tax dollars went to bail out.

I think the others will be leaked out soon.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
Conyers’ wife Monica, was sentenced to three years in prison over bribery charges in 2010.

And she is crazy,

en.m.wikipedia.org...

On June 26, 2009, Conyers pleaded guilty to accepting a bribe in the Synagro Sludge scandal.[11] Three days later, Conyers officially resigned from the Detroit City Council, effective July 6.[12] Her former chief of staff, Sam Riddle, faced prosecution as well; Riddle's trial has included wiretap recordings of conversations with and about Conyers, in which he describes her as "crazy."[13] Testimony given during Riddle's trial on February 4, 2010 indicated that Conyers often left a downtown Detroit restaurant without paying for the meal; the restaurant's owner estimated that Conyers owed him about $3,000.[14] On March 10, 2010, Conyers was sentenced to 37 months in federal prison.[15] During the sentencing hearing, Conyers requested to withdraw her guilty plea, which the judge denied.[16] She filed notice to appeal.[17]

Monica Conyers served just over 27 months of her 37-month sentence, at the Alderson Federal Prison Camp in West Virginia for her conviction in the bribery scandal.[29] She was released on December 21, 2012 to a residential re-entry program in the Detroit area[30] and was released to home confinement in the Detroit area on January 25, 2013. Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman Ed Ross said Conyers earned 108 days of credit for good behavior and was released from federal custody officially on May 16, 2013.[31]

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

List of payouts

]

I almost guarantee we shall!!

Every last one of them needs to be outed!

One of my favorite posts by Q...

Who has all the information?

No Such Agency

The truth of this really blew my mind, I have bitched about it for years, due to the invasion of all of our privacies and the blatant disregard for the constitution.

Upon reflection, it really is true if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear and given how evil some of the circles are and how powerful they had become over the years, we absolutely needed something like the NSA to take them down.

There are far more good people in the world than evil, the evil needs to be exposed and I pray that No Such Agency is doing just that!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amTuesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

List of payouts

Wow, 2007 seems like something was going on.

Hmmmm, wonder what that was?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I guess the women in congress are good with it as well.

I can't take any politician seriously on the issue of sexual abuse now.

They are all complicit and willing accomplices.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Vasa Croe

TAT beat you to it

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join