It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God a narcissistic bastard?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
The slogan of this site is supposed to be "Defy Ignorance" right? I dont know why this god nonsense ever gets discussed. Usually it is just the butt of another joke for me. haha

This God nonsense as you put it is to someone important if you dont like it dont stop by , we wont miss you. There is more to deny ignorance than just discussing your beliefs or lack there of; Children of God , despite the God they believe creted them and they serve have a right to place forth a debate amongst themselves and those who are not of them but want to discuss. What people like you are doing amounts to no more than censorship a removal of subject material , that is thought offensive by individual tastes. Censorship is ignorance at the purest form even more pure than the ignorance of politicians.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gekko
Wow, lots of good viewpoints coming in while Im at work. Maybe I should stay away from the thread more.

THIS IS YOUR BOSS, young man get off that site. You know computers are provided to do you work , now would you mind getting some done.

PHHHAAAA HAHAHAHAHA , busted playing at work. , just messing with you GEK lol.

I like that getting some work done. I love it .........I never work at work myself so .............HAHAHAHA I better get back to it.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

All Im saying is that you keep stating your beliefs as if they were true. Your beliefs.

be·lief ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-lf)
n.
1.The mental act, condition, or habit of placing trust or confidence in another: My belief in you is as strong as ever.
2.Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something: His explanation of what happened defies belief.
3.Something believed or accepted as true, especially a particular tenet or a body of tenets accepted by a group of persons.
Main Entry: be·lief
Function: noun
4.: a degree of conviction of the truth of something esp. based on a consideration or examination of the evidence

From the dictionary definition I guess I'm doing all right by believing my beliefs are true.
It would be utterly stupid for me to get on here and state my opinions and the whole time be lying. That would waste my time and yours.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok, lets get it off my chest.

We all try to out think / out smart God.

forget it. We can't.

we are all human, we all fail, we all have doubts. So lets all try to be good, and let God sort us out when we die.

For those that don't believe in God, well, that is your choice. For those that do, stop trying to second guess Him.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

thats because they can say more than: "I believe this, therefore it is so". Hell, even bible quotes is better than that!

Sorry dbrandt, for a moment I thought you were taking the discussion seriously. Just referring to a book that most people on this planet doesn't believe in is not.

So should I use Bible quotes or not? Where am I not answering questions? I would like to know if I missed something.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join