It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice?: Re Urban Archaeology/Exploration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Greetings!

Hopefully I am in the right spot!

Last 6 months or so I have been mulling over something and it has come to the point where I need to ask advice regarding a deceased person/estate and their beneficiaries. I am a massive fan of photography in urban archaeology/exploration contexts!

I came across an estate of a lady who through subsequent investigations through photographic evidence (including photos of documents) ascertained the abandoned estate belonged to her or a beneficiary. The items in the estate photographed have immense historical value on a state and federal level, in many areas.

What I want to know is, who the heck do I contact regarding the security of the premises? This is Australian Law, and Queensland State law. Do I give a random Qld journalist the tip or what?"

The items at the premises are of historical value, and in online pictures it looks like someone attempted at one stage to pack up some of the belongings. The deceased lady died in 2013 but it appears she was in a care home for a fair few years.

Any advice and thoughts appreciated.

And trying not to give out too many details. There really are some awesome artifacts there. And no, QLD police will only look into it if they have nothing else to do.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Perhaps the local /state historical society can help you

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Well, if the pics have anything of historical value in them then your best option at the moment would actually be posting said photos either here or on reddits archaeology thread to get some independent verification. With that in hand it will be easier to take the next step and bring to the attention of someone official.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

God after all this time I should have had that idea! A longtime good mates mum is involved with the qld state library and most likely historical group! THANK YOU!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Well, if the pics have anything of historical value in them then your best option at the moment would actually be posting said photos either here or on reddits archaeology thread to get some independent verification. With that in hand it will be easier to take the next step and bring to the attention of someone official.

That would be my ultimate end play. Though pictures are now in the public domain, I still feel that her spirit would like some mode of decorum, seeing how delipatated the premises is.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

Perhaps the local /state historical society can help you

Just sent forth the message to person in question, will post back!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

cool, keep us updated. I've had to turn to the historical society of S.A. a couple of times in the past, they're a very helpful lot.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

SA as in South Australia or South Africa or somewhere else?

As a history and family history nut, I just want to make sure all proper parties are involved before I divulge too much, for everyones sake. But she is at least not at criminal! From what I gathered anyway. But her seeming history is pretty cool and pretty sad at the same time, depending on who reads into it. Her father was a prominent QLDer figure in the older days. I think that is all at this stage I am willing to say. Though the pictures of the abode are floating around online, they don't say quite who she is or where she came from, but I can say that some of her possessions contribute to the state history.

This also isn't me having a go at urban exploration. I think that if there are genuine people exploring and documenting but keeping safe from laybouts the location, it helps so much to build a bigger history and picture of a time we dont really understand (location wise, local history etc)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
wow that sounds like a really interesting project you have there. I'm in South Australia, I live in the countryside south of Adelaide.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Though pictures are now in the public domain,

But we don't get to see them? Isn't that what you are complaining about, keeping it secret?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well let me just say this to you. If the woman didn't die intestate the estate and everything on it (including historical or valuable artifacts) belong to the inheritor and it's up to them what they do with the items. The only thing you can do is find out if she made a will. If not the estate would revert back to the relevant authorities so you would have to approach them. If she made a will you have to find the inheritors and approach them.

top topics

join