It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germanys Administration on a Standstill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Denoli
Do you know what pisses me off !

All those pensioners across Europe have suffered enough!

A lot of there parents or grandparents died during the war , than we had the recession!

And if that isn't hard enough with austerity,
Than you get millions of Muslims coming in , and who pays for it ?

Cuts to benefits, bus passes , all the projects get put on the back burner or mothballed.

Nhs in crisis , police cuts , teachers working for peanuts .

The list is endless .

Truth doesn't = racism

So you are using a discussion about the current political state in Germany to moan about the current state of the UK and blaming immigration for it?

Why not make thread about what you think instead of hijacking other threads to put your views out there?

No I said Europe and Germany is in Europe, if you live here you see what's going on .
Haven't you heard about the Greeks , Italians , Spanish, French ?

Poverty everywhere but we can feed millions of Muslims that don't care about our countries or our way of life .

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
This has not a single thing to do with immigrants. Go away and take your rascism with you.

Actually, the breakdown of coalition talks has a lot to do with immigration. The decision to open Germany's borders to mass migration has been hugely divisive in Germany, and this has played out in the recent elections.

The collapse of coalition negotiations has included disagreement of migration, especially around future numbers and the tricky issue of allowing families to join the recent 1.2 million recent arrivals.

Gaurdian report

PS - I think you overplayed the racism remark, because it's not racist to talk about immigration.

Now we are talking about different levels of interpretation to Denoli's post.
First, it was a very obvious stab at immigrants on a rascist level. Basic stuff, I do not tolerate this.

Second, you lift it to another level by stating that the coalition talks were stopped because of parts of the population being rascist/anti-immigrantic. That is a much better level to discuss on.
But what the Guardian didn't tell you is that there were many more points Lindner (head of the FDP) mentioned as stop points. Immigration was a point that was "about to be settled", the discussion revolved around the topic of family unification for refugees or for migrants living in Germany, which was a huge NO-NO for the CSU (part.. of the CDU, like friends.. with benefits and drawbacks) and a big YES for the Green party. No party involved denied the immigrants their rights to come in.

Nice article by the guardian, btw.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

This has not a single thing to do with immigrants. Go away and take your rascism with you.

Actually, the breakdown of coalition talks has a lot to do with immigration. The decision to open Germany's borders to mass migration has been hugely divisive in Germany, and this has played out in the recent elections.

The collapse of coalition negotiations has included disagreement of migration, especially around future numbers and the tricky issue of allowing families to join the recent 1.2 million recent arrivals.

Gaurdian report

PS - I think you overplayed the racism remark, because it's not racist to talk about immigration.

I called the poster out on the statement also.

Is immigration an issue in Germany right now? of course it is. The whole of Europe has issues concerning immigration.

Is a hit and run post claiming that the sole reason for the current political situation bieng immigration and specifically Muslims and that Germany has "given them all the money" correct? No of course it is not.

If the poster had provided credible links to show their stament was correct it would be different but they did and will not do.

I didn't say all the money, I said money which is what is happening, can't you see that immigration is the MAIN reason why all these politicians who are so out of touch are losing ?

My mistake I appologise, I misread your post.

I still do not think that the current situation is caused soley by Muslim immigration as you suggest though.

Do you have links to give me reason to change my mind as am open to changing my opinion?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Nice posting without actual numbers.. Just "millions". Do you speak about Turkey? Because they are having millions of war-refugees right now.

Okay, now some facts:
Here you can find some data, look for it in your own language, it is from an European agencies website, they have it, too.
Thing is, there is not a single country in Europe besides Germany which has more than a million immigrants right now.

If you add them up, add up the total number of Europes population too and give us the quotient.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Do you know what pisses me off !

All those pensioners across Europe have suffered enough!

A lot of there parents or grandparents died during the war , than we had the recession!

And if that isn't hard enough with austerity,
Than you get millions of Muslims coming in , and who pays for it ?

Cuts to benefits, bus passes , all the projects get put on the back burner or mothballed.

Nhs in crisis , police cuts , teachers working for peanuts .

The list is endless .

Truth doesn't = racism

They "the EU commission" couldn't give an enormous amount of faecal matter about our pensioners who were forced to fight for their countries and who gave us what we have now sadly...

Thank you with all my heart and soul Granddad, Grandmother and all of those that faught alongside you to try and make our world a better place to live... YOU DIED WITH HONOUR...

Merkel and her cronies should go and let the people have a say.

I am writing from France and only the other day a live interview with Macron (the French president) was cut half way through becasuse he said that without Merkel the situation would be well twisted and that France would be screwed... CUT... Adverts... (Can't even find it on the net as it was censored straight away...)

Warmest

Lags

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Germany has a slew of problems right now, immigration is certainly part of it.

But a return of the Reich, no not even close at this point.

Technically it is indeed about at the same point (weak administration as it is not backed up by votings), but as I mentioned, we included some backdoor in our constitution to never let something like the end of Weimar Republic happen again.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
(...)

I am writing from France and only the other day a live interview with Macron (the French president) was cut half way through becasuse he said that without Merkel the situation would be well twisted and that France would be screwed... CUT... Adverts... (Can't even find it on the net as it was censored straight away...)

Your point is... Merkel good or Merkel bad?
I mean, I can understand that "Merkel = bad", but the second part of your posting sounded like Macron praised Merkel - CUT- and you thought that the rest was censored, like there should be no praise to Merkel in French television?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
(...)

Your point is... Merkel good or Merkel bad?
I mean, I can understand that "Merkel = bad", but the second part of your posting sounded like Macron praised Merkel - CUT- and you thought that the rest was censored, like there should be no praise to Merkel in French television?

Macron has been sucking Merkels proverbial 'thing' ever since he and also her was/were voted in mate... and even beforehand...

If you lived in France (As I have for nearly 30 years) and saw how the French MSM (TF1 and France 2 as well as France24... not to mention others...) portrayed everything Merkel and Macron are GODS...

Bloody disgusting...

Warmest

Lags

Ps. U2U me if you want to go deeper into the conversation without certain Americans taking over and blaming Trump or Hillary.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Second, you lift it to another level by stating that the coalition talks were stopped because of parts of the population being rascist/anti-immigrantic. That is a much better level to discuss on.

No, I do no such thing.

I am factually stating a truth in that the collapse of the so called "Jamaica Coalition" talks was due to an inability to reach a consensus amongst the parties on immigration, as well as a couple of other issues, notably energy policy.

You seem unable to understand that discussions of migration is not racist.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Have the converstaion in public and report any posts that cause drift.

We should not have to resort to hiding to discuss things outside the US.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Fair enough mate.

I just don’t want the conversation « contaminated » if you see what I mean?

Warmest regards

Lags

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I know what you mean but by going private we are complicit in the total takeover of ATS by the American left right divide and I think it is time to draw a line in the sand.

We are talking about a globally huge situation not just in Germany but in the whole of the EU and if people think that a country that has 4.4% of the total population of the world have a right to dominate every conversation with thier own political viewpoints then they need to re evaluate their true importance on the world stage.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Agreed - this is right on topic...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You can keep your bloody nose out as well you're an Aussie

Only joking but as to the taking a stand I am deadly serious.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Tis indeed...

My sincerest apologies for derailing.

Warmest respects

Lags
edit on 21-11-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Sorry

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Mine also.

Now what were you going to say.....

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
welp its 4 am cst so you should be safe for the most part for a few more hours. :p

And at least for this yank, I always find it amusing the Europeans that bag on the US all the time, quite often have a problem with people pointing out their problems, not just hear on ATS but in real life.

On topic at least in the little rural corner of Germany I am in I have watched public perception change (with regards to immigration) from we have to help these people, to they got to go now.

Add in the apparent (not being employed at this moment makes it hard to give an accurate account) economic struggles for the blue collar types, and their is a recipe for more trouble down the road if the Govt does not pay attention to what all of the people are saying not just the echo chambers from the big city areas.

ETA: I will step away having given my nickles worth so the better informed can continue the conversation.
edit on 21-11-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Mine also.

Now what were you going to say.....
give me an hour or two.

Siesta time over here in France mate!

Warmest regards

Lags

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope
You will know, of course, that Hitler's opportunity came when his party became the largest in the Reichstag.
On that parallel, the fall of the republic is not imminent, just a possible cloud on the horizon.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
welp its 4 am cst so you should be safe for the most part for a few more hours. :p

And at least for this yank, I always find it amusing the Europeans that bag on the US all the time, quite often have a problem with people pointing out their problems, not just hear on ATS but in real life.

On topic at least in the little rural corner of Germany I am in I have watched public perception change (with regards to immigration) from we have to help these people, to they got to go now.

Add in the apparent (not being employed at this moment makes it hard to give an accurate account) economic struggles for the blue collar types, and their is a recipe for more trouble down the road if the Govt does not pay attention to what all of the people are saying not just the echo chambers from the big city areas.

ETA: I will step away having given my nickles worth so the better informed can continue the conversation.

I think you may have misunderstood myself and Lags in regard to US input!

I was certainly not saying there should be none but that US members would be better to refrain from making every topic on ATS about them and their politicians.

So you are a US citizen living in Germany yes?

That to me makes your input more than valued.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join