It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germanys Administration on a Standstill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As many of you know, there is a world around you besides the 5% of the USA-population with its own scandals, there are more countries, people and problems.

I want to talk about a recent problem, if I may.

As it was the time, the German administration called for another election per the usual 4 year interval.

The German governance consisted until then of 4 parties, from the political progressive/left to the political conservative/right: The Left (really, thats the name), the SPD, the Green party and the CDU.
Both the SPD and the CDU were forming the Great Coalition as they had a total of 502 out of 630 delegatees which is a majority.

The election brought forth a fifth and a sixth party, the very right AfD and the liberal-rightleaning FDP.

None of the other parties wants to form a coalition where the AfD would be a part of.
The SPD does not want to be a part of a Great Coalition again.

So the CDU as the party with the most delegatees went out to form another coalition, as the CDU only has 246 out of 709 delegatees, which is not a majority.

They spoke for the last four weeks with 2 other parties in a trilateral discussion to form an administration based on agreements with those two parties: the Green Party and the FDP. Those were the only choices making sense to the CDU as the Left were too far on the left to form a coalition.

The FDP stopped all discussions and ended the forming of a coalition yesterday.

Now, why should YOU care?
Because right now there are three options available to German administration:
1. Try for a administration backed by a minority of the delegatees. (bad idea)
2. Convince the SPD to form another Great Coalition with the CDU. (worse idea)
3. Hold a reelection. (will this change anything? really?)

Okay, what does this have to do with YOU??
Because there was a very similar event in Germanys history. Many million people on Earth didn't like the ending.
The Weimar Republic.

Hitler.

WWII.

Germany learned from this and put up the following last resort:
The German federal president has about none -real- powers, he is more like a representative for Germany. This is the destinction to his usual jobs: Now, he has to decide which of these options mentioned above should be followed.

Wish us luck..
edit on 21 11 2017 by ManFromEurope because: grammar, you fiend!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The # hits the fan when you let a million Muslims in your country.

Than give them all money , while your country turns to #.

Merkel should spent a week with them and see how respectful they are .

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

3. Hold a reelection. (will this change anything? really?)

The Weimar Republic. Hitler. WWII.

Well, that escalated quickly.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Er, I think things are a little different in Germany since the 1930s. Modern democracies in Europe occasionally go through times where democracy creates difficulty in getting a clear leadership sorted.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Er, I think things are a little different in Germany since the 1930s. Modern democracies in Europe occasionally go through times where democracy creates difficulty in getting a clear leadership sorted.

Yes Belgium was without a government for quite some time, and it didn't caused any problems.

IMO no government who knows is just even better... They mostly talk talk talk and talk some more and when do they do something they do something the people mostly don't want as well.
edit on 21-11-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

This has not a single thing to do with immigrants. Go away and take your rascism with you.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

First for Germany since Weimar, we all hope that our precautions are in place and working..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Germany has a poulation of about 83 million and a gdp of about 3.5 trillion.

I assume you have facts and links to back up your claim that Muslim immigrants are the sole reason for the political situation in one of the most influencial world nations in the past 100 plus years right?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

3. Hold a reelection.

That one.
Perhaps we're seeing the beginning of the end for mutti.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

None of the other parties wants to form a coalition where the AfD would be a part of.

Why? If they gained seats they should have a chance to represent their constituency. Theoretically that is how a democracy works.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Why? If they gained seats they should have a chance to represent their constituency. Theoretically that is how a democracy works.

There is a big difference between having a seat and being part of a coalition though.

I can see why the other parties are reluctant to form a coalition with such an extreme party.

Coalitions are a tricky business and often cause all manner of problems.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

This has not a single thing to do with immigrants. Go away and take your rascism with you.

Yes it has !

She would of won by a landslide if she didn't open the door !

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

The statment was so absurd I assumed it had more to do with a total lack of understanding than actual racism.

Laughable at best.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Actually, the breakdown of coalition talks has a lot to do with immigration. The decision to open Germany's borders to mass migration has been hugely divisive in Germany, and this has played out in the recent elections.

The collapse of coalition negotiations has included disagreement of migration, especially around future numbers and the tricky issue of allowing families to join the recent 1.2 million recent arrivals.

Gaurdian report

PS - I think you overplayed the racism remark, because it's not racist to talk about immigration.
edit on 21/11/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Actually, the breakdown of coalition talks has a lot to do with immigration. The decision to open Germany's borders to mass migration has been hugely divisive in Germany, and this has played out in the recent elections.

The collapse of coalition negotiations has included disagreement of migration, especially around future numbers and the tricky issue of allowing families to join the recent 1.2 million recent arrivals.

Gaurdian report

PS - I think you overplayed the racism remark, because it's not racist to talk about immigration.

I called the poster out on the statement also.

Is immigration an issue in Germany right now? of course it is. The whole of Europe has issues concerning immigration.

Is a hit and run post claiming that the sole reason for the current political situation bieng immigration and specifically Muslims and that Germany has "given them all the money" correct? No of course it is not.

If the poster had provided credible links to show their stament was correct it would be different but they did and will not do.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Do you know what pisses me off !

All those pensioners across Europe have suffered enough!

A lot of there parents or grandparents died during the war , than we had the recession!

And if that isn't hard enough with austerity,
Than you get millions of Muslims coming in , and who pays for it ?

Cuts to benefits, bus passes , all the projects get put on the back burner or mothballed.

Nhs in crisis , police cuts , teachers working for peanuts .

The list is endless .

Truth doesn't = racism

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Germany has a slew of problems right now, immigration is certainly part of it.

But a return of the Reich, no not even close at this point.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Do you know what pisses me off !

All those pensioners across Europe have suffered enough!

A lot of there parents or grandparents died during the war , than we had the recession!

And if that isn't hard enough with austerity,
Than you get millions of Muslims coming in , and who pays for it ?

Cuts to benefits, bus passes , all the projects get put on the back burner or mothballed.

Nhs in crisis , police cuts , teachers working for peanuts .

The list is endless .

Truth doesn't = racism

So you are using a discussion about the current political state in Germany to moan about the current state of the UK and blaming immigration for it?

Why not make thread about what you think instead of hijacking other threads to put your views out there?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Germany has a poulation of about 83 million and a gdp of about 3.5 trillion.

I assume you have facts and links to back up your claim that Muslim immigrants are the sole reason for the political situation in one of the most influencial world nations in the past 100 plus years right?

It is the biggest reason people in Europe didn't follow the status quo!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Gaurdian report

I called the poster out on the statement also.

Is immigration an issue in Germany right now? of course it is. The whole of Europe has issues concerning immigration.

Is a hit and run post claiming that the sole reason for the current political situation bieng immigration and specifically Muslims and that Germany has "given them all the money" correct? No of course it is not.

If the poster had provided credible links to show their stament was correct it would be different but they did and will not do.

I didn't say all the money, I said money which is what is happening, can't you see that immigration is the MAIN reason why all these politicians who are so out of touch are losing ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join