It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sexual Misconduct" is the New McCarthyism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Not sure how they were brought up,we were brought up to treat others as you wanted yourself treated,common decency,evidently fewer possess these skills,it's all about what you want,a liberals rant,big mouths,little class

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The only thing I know is I am seeing a lot of what ifs on both sides of the spectrum.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
There are many facets to this entire mess.

Obviously this behaviour is endemic in certain industries and needs to stop.

That being said ....... and playing devil's advocate for a moment.

That cute 19 yo red head from Idaho ... she is more than willing to be bedded as often as it takes to get her to stardom. She chooses to do this. Women have been doing so for thousands of years and in some societies ... so have men, not to mention the goings on with the eunuchs.

Whining after getting to the top. Hmm

This is not a simple issue unless you wish to dumb yourself down to the level of the current MSM.

P

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Dilemma? Not really. Innocent until proven otherwise. Not like it influenced you guys with Bill.
edit on 21-11-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

This is a "Smoke Screen" Ever wonder what else is happening when this crap is going on? Don't read that and think I don't think those accused should have their day in court, not at all.. BUT

While this is going on, there is legislation to continue the US LIBERTY ACT which circumvents the 4th Amendment.

So can One skip over the 4th Amendment to violate the 5th Amendment???

Then when/if there is some monetary distribution, guess who gets to pay the fine? US Taxpayer. The alleged (S)-suspect(s) don't ever spend a day in jail but We get to pay the fine(s)...

"Sounds great, Greg" Peter Brady to older bro Greg..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

1) So the fact that you haven't done it somehow nullifies the fact that it still happens at a ridiculous rate, be it in religious environments, business environments, or family events?

2) The accused can definitely defend themselves in court. And if they win, they can even press charges against the accuser. There will always be people who judge others before an actual trial or before any evidence is shown, but that speculation exists in all potential crimes.

3) Many of the people accused of these sexual assaults, molestations, pedophilia, etc have admitted to their actions or paid massive settlements to hush up the accusations. This means the accusers were in the right.

4) So how is it a bad thing that the sex offenders from #3 are being exposed when they're admitting they committed those crimes? Because make no mistake, these are crimes. People keep trying to minimize it but sexual harassment, molestation, indecent exposure, statutory rape, molestation, etc are crimes.

And for the incidences that aren't crimes, the actions are still oftentimes against company policy and/or other workplace regulations. So I repeat, why is it so hard for them to keep their hands to themselves & their man parts in their pants?

5) I always see people claim they're "tough on crime" and say crap like "it sucks but the law is the law" when referring to policies against children who are illegal immigrants. I also see people claim we should have extreme vetting when it comes to immigration in general, oftentimes citing crimes committed by immigrants and the danger they pose to citizens. Remember the whole "bowl of skittles with a few poisonous ones" example?

But when it comes to protecting American children and women from actual sexual predators, that "tough on crime" facade crumbles, the "family values" argument disappears, and the "protect Americans" narrative is nowhere to be found. All of a sudden, it doesn't matter if there are 50 poisonous skittles in the bowl; it only matters if the skittle is a blue one or a red one.

Shouldn't a purge on sexual predators be a part of "draining the swamp"?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

By pushing the logic to the extreme, it should now be OK to sue FEMEN for sexual harassment for flashing their boobs in public places.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I don't think it's as entrenched as McCarthyism. This is merely this seasons fad to distract. Next season we'll see something new so as not to wonder what's going on in the world. Secondly McCarthyism was a government witch-hunt. This MAY be but less overt if it is.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I don’t think that 2 is accurate...

Almost none of these are going to court.. the court of public opinion is the only trial these guys are getting..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
it's incredibly hard to get any justice for this kind of thing in a court. an unreasonable standard of proof is required. the accuser is often dragged through the mud and questioned about all her life decisions. if the accused is sentenced it's often quite light (hello brock turner). are you really surprised that the game has moved to the court of public opinion?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So you avoided what I actually posted and simply replied with some BS.

Okay, I will say it again for you...the lack of due process is disturbing. I am not sure how Sharia Law works, but here in America everyone is supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty.

edit on 2017/11/21 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Oh really? Weinstein is being investigated right now by the FBI for some of his accusations. Anthony Weiner was just sentenced to 21 months in jail for his underage sexting scandal. Trump and O'Reilly have both settled out of court with some of their accusers, including a reported $35 million for O'Reilly. At least 3 of Roger Ailes' accusers have received settlements, including Gretchen Carlson. John Conyers settled with his accuser. Al Franken admitted to his first accuser's claims, while asking for an ethics investigation against himself. And there's a slush fund for congressional cases that's being discussed in another ATS thread (HERE).

Remember Jerry Sandusky from Penn State football? He and 3 officials were charged for their crimes. There are several lawsuits against Baylor University because of its ongoing sex assault situation. The Catholic Church has had people charged in court and others settled for their global sex abuse scandal.

And let's not forget that there are statutes of limitations which may limit the criminal charges for some specific cases. There are many times when the victim doesn't want to press charges or when the case is settled before it goes to court. Some victims even forgive the ones who abuse them. But that doesn't change the fact that the sexual misconduct happened.

What innocent person spends millions of dollars to settle accusations like this? All of these people could've fought the accusations in court and sued for libel and/or slander if they were innocent. In many jurisdictions it's a crime to make false accusations of rape. Yet how many of these guys are fighting the accusations against them? Roy Moore and who else?

And that doesn't even touch on the sexual misconduct which may not be actual crimes. Remember Tim Murphy, the supposed anti-abortion politician who was exposed for committing adultery, getting her pregnant, and then asking her to get an abortion? Or the supposedly anti-LGBT politician Wesley Goodman who just resigned because he was apparently caught having sex with a guy on the job? Or David Vitter (the Republican caught in a prostitution scandal), Mark Sanford (the former Governor who had the adultery trip with a woman in another country without telling anyone he was leaving), John Ensign (the Senator who resigned after being exposed for committing adultery & then bribing them to keep silent), etc.

If they were innocent, then why not fight the accusations?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

So you avoided what I actually posted and simply replied with some BS.

Okay, I will say it again for you...the lack of due process is disturbing. I am not sure how Sharia Law works, but here in America everyone is supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Of course you would consider my response BS. I pointed out that there is recourse in my 2nd point, not that you read that far. I also pointed out in another post that false accusations of rape is also a crime in many jurisdictions. I've also mentioned libel & slander, which are both literally intended as recourse for when people make damaging false accusations against an individual.

But if the people in question are actually innocent, they'd try to fight the charges against them. Instead, many of them are outright admitting that the accusations are true, settling out of court, resigning from office, etc.

And for the record, this has nothing to do with Sharia law. Though I'm not surprised that you'd try to deflect from my points by making this about my religion. Sharia also requires proof for these kinds of claims, but that doesn't matter since this is America and these situations are being settled under the American legal system. Though it's quite telling that so many of these victimizers are refusing to take their accusers to court.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

My concern is the rampant lack of due process.

Sure there are occasional cases that are going to court which is a GOOD thing. Also, the statute of limitations is in play in many of these 30+ year old accusations. My point is people are being tried and punished in the court of public opinion which is patently WRONG and unfair.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

And I agree that it's wrong and unfair. Legit accusations or not, they ideally shouldn't be splashed across news feeds until trials start, IMO. The court of public opinion is the damn easiest way to utterly ruin someone's life from Joe Schmoe to Brad Pitt & their livelihood forever in 30 seconds' worth of airtime, based on absolutely nothing concrete with no court proceedings to show for such claims. It's ripe for the pickin' for retaliatory/revenge abuse and we ALL know it.

Admittance from the accused or recordings/legit records is one thing, but in all reality, what percentage is literal he said/she said? If it doesn't work for general smack talk & is unfair, guess what else it doesn't work for? We need to buck up with higher standards and keep on with Innocent Until Proven Guilty line we keep parroting to other countries, because we're not walking the walk very well here.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It's weird, for sure. And I definitely don't think 100% of the people accused are guilty but I do think it causes an interesting dilemma for a whole lot of conservative voters.

Why would this cause a dilemma for only conservatives?

This issue isn't isolated to one group.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's weird, for sure. And I definitely don't think 100% of the people accused are guilty but I do think it causes an interesting dilemma for a whole lot of conservative voters.

Why would this cause a dilemma for only conservatives?

This issue isn't isolated to one group.

Correct.

But there's no dilemma on the liberal part; its been loudly condemned. The only almost softball thrown was to Franken but he was still given the treatment.

The difference is that I don't think Obama would have defended and endorsed Franken like Trump has with the GOP counterparts.

Personally, I'll wait for either a trial (never happens), an admission/apology (best), a denial without trial (questionable), or a settlement like Trump does when he molests people (settlement = guilt + money as far as I'm concerned).

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Holy crap... DP.

Such a hassle to arrange those properly! Schedules...
edit on 29-11-2017 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As bad and dangerous as inappropriate sexual advances are, the atmosphere is ripe for women to slander men they have any reason too, it was related to me how one women was after her male bosses job because she wanted to earn more money at a major corporation, she made an accusation against her male boss who was happily married and wasn't that type of guy.
Well the company took her word against his and he lost his job and she got promoted.
We need to throw the book at male sexual predators, but let's make sure they are actually guilty.

I guess if your boss knew you were a gay man, and a female underling didn't, and they accused of sexual advances it would serve as a protection now.
Crazy world.
edit on 30-11-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The thought has crossed my mind that all these reveals are meant to water down a much bigger reveal set to rock the nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join