It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Dem. Rep. John Conyers Accused!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Look's like next up is Michigan Rep. John Conyers in the sexual accusation circus.
Cernovich has been talking about a big revelation tonight...and BUZFEED has it!

What adds insult to injury, may be that Paul Ryan helped cover it up within the House apparatus.

Michigan Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat and the longest-serving member of the House of Representatives, settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former employee who alleged she was fired because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.”

Documents from the complaint obtained by BuzzFeed News include four signed affidavits, three of which are notarized, from former staff members who allege that Conyers, the ranking Democrat on the powerful House Judiciary Committee, repeatedly made sexual advances to female staff that included requests for sexual favors, contacting and transporting other women with whom they believed Conyers was having affairs, caressing their hands sexually, and rubbing their legs and backs in public. Four people involved with the case verified the documents are authentic.

FULL Article:
www.buzzfeed.com...
edit on 20-11-2017 by IAMTAT because: image added

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
As I try to do in every case, I will wait for facts before I make a rush to judgement.

However, the secretive settlements with tax payer dollars needs to end now!

And I don't care which party the accused is from.

If they are accused, it shouldn't be settled on the tax payers dime, and in the outrageous situations where it is, we have the right to know about it.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Slick of Cernovich to hand it off to Buzzfeed.
Nice move.
edit on b000000302017-11-20T21:24:45-06:0009America/ChicagoMon, 20 Nov 2017 21:24:45 -0600900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

However, the secretive settlements with tax payer dollars needs to end now! And I don't care which party the accused is from.

Funny how that is casually omitted from every one of these stories.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Absolutely.
That these things get swept under the carpet is insane.

Clean out every last one, regardless of party.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Huh there are a few things Dems/Repubs seem to agree upon...

1. Using tax payer dollars to cover for their sexual predation.
2. Destroying the constitution at every turn.
3. Nonstop wars.
4. Corporate usurping of our voice. (destroying the environment and our health seems to be the name of the game)
5. Building a surveillance/prison state.
6. Dividing the people any way possible.
7. Getting rich in the process of all of the above.

Is it really any wonder a 3rd party candidate such as Trump won and is met with such vitriol from the guilty parties and their brainwashing Operation Mockingbird media with its predictable script?

For those who would question the above statement, clearly Trump is not a republican, for a reminder simply watch the republican debates aka Trump roasting the republican establishment in a priceless manner.

Let every single one of these corrupt pieces of s**** hang out to dry for their crimes.

I mean it is all conspiracy theory right!?
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmMonday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Slick of Cernovich to hand it off to Buzzfeed.
Nice move.

The documents were first provided to BuzzFeed News by Mike Cernovich, the men's rights figure turned pro-Trump media activist who propagated a number of false conspiracy theories including the “Pizzagate” conspiracy. Cernovich said he gave the documents to BuzzFeed News for vetting and further reporting, and because he said if he published them himself, Democrats and congressional leaders would “try to discredit the story by attacking the messenger.”

He provided them without conditions. BuzzFeed News independently confirmed the authenticity of the documents with four people directly involved with the case, including the accuser.

-OP Source Article

link   
a reply to: Grambler

Not hard to make a determination in this case.... signed affidavits from coworkers... payoffs.
Nailed.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
$27,000 paid her silence.

In this case, one of Conyers’ former employees was offered a settlement, in exchange for her silence, that would be paid out of Conyers’ taxpayer-funded office budget. His office would “rehire” the woman as a “temporary employee” despite her being directed not to come into the office or do any actual work, according to the document. The complainant would receive a total payment of $27,111.75 over the three months, after which point she would be removed from the payroll, according to the document.

All we need to do is look for women and men getting paid similar amts in short time spans.

edit on 20-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So.....
Who gave these documents to Cernovich?

Some swamp cleaner?
edit on b000000302017-11-20T21:48:43-06:0009America/ChicagoMon, 20 Nov 2017 21:48:43 -0600900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

My my my.

Is he guilty?

I looked at an old Bill O'Reilly thread tonight.

The last time I suggested that a person was innocent until proven guilty a member accused me of being FOR sexual assault.

I'm sure it'd be the same here.

What I will say is that we need to kick out every single solitary rat-bastard House member or congressman who knows about this slush fund for victims of sexual abuse.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Ryan didn't want to be labeled as a racist, like Trump is labeled, every time he cracks down on wrong-doers, who happen to be Black.

edit on 11/20/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
$27,000 paid her silence.

In this case, one of Conyers’ former employees was offered a settlement, in exchange for her silence, that would be paid out of Conyers’ taxpayer-funded office budget. His office would “rehire” the woman as a “temporary employee” despite her being directed not to come into the office or do any actual work, according to the document. The complainant would receive a total payment of $27,111.75 over the three months, after which point she would be removed from the payroll, according to the document.

Your tax dollars at work!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Conyers and his ex wife Monica are real works of art. Can't say I'm surprised in the least.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

However, the secretive settlements with tax payer dollars needs to end now!

And I don't care which party the accused is from.

Agreed on this.

The US taxpayer does not need to be in the business of paying for dirty old men and women to have their hush money.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Ryan didn't want to be labeled as a racist, like Trump is labeled, every time he cracks down on wrong-doers, who happen to be Black.

. No, more like that's how things work in Washington. I'm sure Ryan has done the same for creeps on his side of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am not as skeptical on the Bill O'Reilly thing because there was that phone call about the loofa that circulated during a previous scandal involving him and sexual shenanigans. If that wasn't his voice, someone sounds like a dead ringer for him.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have no idea if he's guilty of sexual harassment or not. He is guilty of paying personal legal expenses out of taxpayer dollars.

Conyers must go, and now. Along with everyone else who has used that slush fund, regardless of party affiliation.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am not as skeptical on the Bill O'Reilly thing because there was that phone call about the loofa that circulated during a previous scandal involving him and sexual shenanigans. If that wasn't his voice, someone sounds like a dead ringer for him.

If anything, Bill O'Reilly saga taught me that it is okay to fire, screw over, defame anyone who doesn't think like you at the slightest hint of allegations.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I hope by now, Congress has learned that it should stop covering these scandals up and stop using taxpayer dollars to pay for the settlements. I'm curious to see how much coverage this story gets.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join