It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Huge Scandal! High Profile Democrat on Major Committee Now Accused of Harassment.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Mike Cernovich promoted that Pizza garbage, I have no faith in anything that comes out of his mouth.

He is one of the biggest #cult45, #fakenews promoters around.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Willtell
Why do you folks keep trying to make this a partisan issue?

The conservative types are just so entwined in politics they cannot get their brains out of it.

Bush, Trump Moore and many other republican types are just as involved in this abuse saga as any democrats.

Why do you people keep trying to make political game out of this ?

I think it has more to do with Democrats coming across as moral holier than thou im better than the rest type asshats.

I don’t agree with you actually.

Just because they express empathy for woman’s issues doesn’t mean their saying were better than you and there aren’t male lustful beasts amongst liberals.

Its in you guys’ imagination

Hillary Clinton goes on national tv and claims women who experienced sexual harassment / assault should be believed and then claims she stands with them all the while she destroyed the women who brought claims against Bill Clinton.

Al Franken has gone on record attacking people who harass / assault women only to find out he is accused of the very actions he condemned.

Conyers goes on record supporting women who are victims of sexual assault / harassment only to find out he is doing the very thing he condemned.

Do both sides do this crap? absolutely and they should be held accountable. However the adoption of the Hillary Clinton conundrum defense - "I say one thing in private and say another in public" - undermines all of that.

Dont try and claim a moral high ground and lecture people when you yourself are just as guilty (Politicians and not you). The holier than thou moral superiority the laws dont apply to us bs does in fact paint the very image you are rejecting.

Another analogy would be a cop who likes issuing tickets for speeding all the while he does the very thing, speeding, he has an issue with.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Either apply the law equally and fairly and recognize the need for personal accountability or shut the hell up and stop lecturing people while demonstrating that certain people are above the law (again referring to politicians / Hollywood / etc and not you).

The 2 tier legal system can best be described in the book Animal Farm -
"Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others."

The existence of a Congressional slush fund to pay out sexual harassment claims is another example. The fact Congress passed a bill authorizing the payments all the while adding an addition that makes the info restricted and exempt from FOIA requests speaks volumes.

I long for the day where we see disgraced members of congress standing in front of the cameras and crying like a disgraced televangelist before they are hauled off to prison.

Especially these loons -
Inside Bill Clinton’s secret ‘executive suite’ above library

he top floor of the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum is dominated by a 5,000-square-foot private residence that is strictly off limits to the public.

The apartment atop the 153,779-square-foot library is for the exclusive use of the Clinton family and looks out over the Arkansas River and the city of Little Rock, Ark.

The “executive suite,” as it is called in city records, was completed at the same time as the $165 million library in November 2004.

In 2007, Bill Clinton commissioned a 14,000-square-foot garden on the roof of the modern glass building. It surrounds the penthouse and features 90 species of plants — including yellow roses, a favorite of his mom, Virginia Kelley.

When the size of Clinton’s private playground came under scrutiny in 2001, Tom Carpenter, an attorney for Little Rock, said most of the penthouse was devoted to office space and a conference room, with 2,000 square feet of private living space.

Clinton isn’t the only former president to include a residence in his library. George H.W. Bush’s library at Texas A&M University in College Station and Jimmy Carter’s in Atlanta both have them.

The above, btw, is illegal.
edit on 21-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Because you liberal's with short term memory,these are the accusations the Democrats made up when Trump was running for office,now as usual now you whine,why you can't be taken seriously,liberals never blame themselves

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Not what I was expecting.

Twitter

Buzzfeed Article

Michigan Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat and the longest-serving member of the House of Representatives, settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former employee who alleged she was fired because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.

John Conyers

John James Conyers Jr. is an American Democratic politician and a U.S. Representative for Michigan's 13th congressional district. Wikipedia
edit on 21-11-2017 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
Not what I was expecting.

Twitter

John Conyers

I believe the story is more about the cover up and payout by the government for the harassment charges. His is only a small portion of the $17 million paid.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ok, I did not know gov was paying out settlements for harassment.
Where did you get the table from?

Shouldn't those dollar values be higher during the Clinton Administration...lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Dont try and claim a moral high ground and lecture people when you yourself are just as guilty (Politicians and not you). The holier than thou moral superiority the laws dont apply to us bs does in fact paint the very image you are rejecting.

Congress and Senate cannot be legally charged with sexual misconduct. They've written laws to protect themselves after the BJ Clinton incident. That is why they have this slush fund to pay hush money and get staff to sign an NDA. But, oops, now it's in the open. Fire all offenders and strip them of any future salary and benefits.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How Congress Keeps Its Sexual Harassment Hush Money Secret

BuzzFeed reported Tuesday night that the office of Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) paid $27,000 to settle a previously undisclosed sexual harassment complaint against the lawmaker. The story is notable not just for the allegations against a powerful member of Congress, but for shedding light on the highly opaque process through which the House of Representatives handles such settlements—and keeps them concealed.

One of Conyers' former employees was offered a settlement, in exchange for her silence, that would be paid out of Conyers' taxpayer-funded office budget. His office would "rehire" the woman as a "temporary employee" despite her being directed not to come into the office or do any actual work, according to the document. The complainant would receive a total payment of $27,111.75 over the three months, after which point she would be removed from the payroll, according to the document.

Because of the nondisclosure agreement and the use of regular office payroll to obscure the payout, there was practically no way for the public to know it was bankrolling Conyers' settlement.

Former House Speaker John Boehner and current House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) have both issued statements saying they were unaware of the Conyers payments. That's no surprise. Congress created a perfect black box of secrecy, designed to shield its members from scrutiny, give senior leadership plausible deniability, and avoid any of the regular reporting that other federal settlements are subject to.

And it's all paid for by you.

edit on 21-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Um wth is with 2002 and 2007??? Am I the only one who notices the massive spike in payouts those two years? There's got to be somrthing those two years. Especially 2002 as it's massive payouts with very few cases compared to the 2007 spike.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Charlie Rose fired by CBS News, PBS after sexual harassment claims

BS News said Tuesday that Charlie Rose's contract has been terminated. PBS also fired rose, according to the Associated Press.

An internal memo from CBS said the decision "followed the revelation yesterday of extremely disturbing and intolerable behavior."

CBS suspended Rose shortly after The Washington Post published a 5,000-word story on Monday about alleged harassment, based on interviews with eight women who described "unwanted sexual advances."

Rose said in a statement that he "deeply apologized" for what he admitted was "inappropriate behavior."

After the initial Post story came out, other women came forward with additional allegations of sexual misconduct. By Tuesday morning, CBS executives determined that it was impossible for him to return to "CBS This Morning," the daily broadcast he has co-hosted for the past five years.

CBS did not immediately name a replacement for Rose on the program.

WHO IS NEXT?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I really don't care if a Senate Candidate liked a 14 year old girl in 1977, when he was 32. In some southern states, I hear that people dated and married within the family tree. Everyone is not the same.

This is why I suggest let the voters decide. Though I have seen 16 yearolds that looked like they were going on 25 and so unless you ID check at some point you never know if they want to keep their true age hidden. Not that it is right, but there is no true litmus check for age. Now with a 14 year old you are getting very close to pedophilia range, but this one case with the alleged 14 year old has so many holes in a story of over 40 years ago one just needs to let it go. I need to ask questions like what was she doing in an adult strangers car in the first place at 14, where were her parents in all this, why wait 40 years when you have many opportunities in the past...etc...
edit on 21-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Charlie Rose fired by CBS News, PBS after sexual harassment claims...

WHO IS NEXT?

Come on...lol He walked around nude in his office along with a plethora of other things that he doesn't deny...

Who's next? I guess the next guy that liked to swing his dick around his staff...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

Ok, I did not know gov was paying out settlements for harassment.
Where did you get the table from?

Shouldn't those dollar values be higher during the Clinton Administration...lol.

Bill paid out 850k that we know of out of his own pocket....We should thank him for saving our tax money.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes it is. What on earth was going on in 2007, for example? And who in their right mind thought this fund was a good idea to begin with?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

2002 is worse than 2007 actually if you look closely. Thats some crazy large sums of tax payer money paid out to only 10 people. At least 2007 was 24 cases.

Then again that does mean more pay outs... I dunno but 2002 & 2007 really need looking into.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

That's what they said about Drudge when he broke the news on Monica Lewinsky.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Lol they can be charged and since they are using public money they cant legally hide the information from the people.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: carewemust

I really don't care if a Senate Candidate liked a 14 year old girl in 1977, when he was 32. In some southern states, I hear that people dated and married within the family tree. Everyone is not the same.

This is why I suggest let the voters decide. Though I have seen 16 yearolds that looked like they were going on 25 and so unless you ID check at some point you never know if they want to keep their true age hidden. Not that it is right, but there is no true litmus check for age. Now with a 14 year old you are getting very close to pedophilia range, but this one case with the alleged 14 year old has so many holes in a story of over 40 years ago one just needs to let it go. I need to ask questions like what was she doing in an adult strangers car in the first place at 14, where were her parents in all this, why wait 40 years when you have many opportunities in the past...etc...

Today, President Trump (who knows more about this Moore issue than the public), said that he is now backing Roy Moore. From what has been made public, the accusations of these accusers have more holes than swiss cheese. Their stories are falling apart. Judge Moore is now considering suing some of them, in fact.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Heh. I saw his lawyer on TV.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

Heh. I saw his lawyer on TV.

I heard him on the radio today. Must have been a simulcast!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join