It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight women say Charlie Rose sexually harassed them — with nudity, groping and lewd calls

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Popular and famous media personality Charlie Rose is the latest (as of this hour) celebrity to be accused of sexual harassment.

The accusations are explicit and detailed.

8 women have made the claim against Rose.

They are former employees apparently.

Good God.

Eight women say Charlie Rose sexually harassed them — with nudity, groping and lewd calls

Eight women have told The Washington Post that longtime television host Charlie Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas.

The women were employees or aspired to work for Rose at the “Charlie Rose” show from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011. They ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged encounters. Rose, 75, whose show airs on PBS, also co-hosts “CBS This Morning” and is a contributing correspondent for “60 Minutes.”

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Interesting, PBS recently cancelled Frankin for something. They are eating each other, the Left is imploding.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
More a matter of harassment and abuse coming out of the closet. But feel free to politicize it.

www.nydailynews.com...
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 11/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Liberal media has been bashing away at conservatives for a long time...Looks like it's time for liberals to start paying some big dues. I have a feeling Weinstein, Franken and Rose are just the beginning and the whole Hilary/Obama fiasco will come crumbling down.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

from the link

I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken. “I have learned a great deal as a result of these events, and I hope others will too. All of us, including me, are coming to a newer and deeper recognition of the pain caused by conduct in the past, and have come to a profound new respect for women and their lives.” Most of the women said Rose alternated between fury and flattery in his interactions with them. Five described Rose putting his hand on their legs, sometimes their upper thigh, in what they perceived as a test to gauge their reactions. Two said that while they were working for Rose at his residences or were traveling with him on business, he emerged from the shower and walked naked in front of them

Sociopath...hope he gets a lashing
edit on 20-11-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Maybe it's just me, but I'll bet that there are those in the media saying, "Why can't a god-damned conservative grope some broad!"

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump isn't a conservative?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Someone else.

They need numbers dammit!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Moore isn't a conservative?

O'reilly?
Ailes?
edit on 11/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Moore isn't a conservative?

O'reilly?
Ailes?

Old news.

pfft.

They are sooo yesterday.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Trump was awarded to President because locker room talk is tame compared to Clinton's rapes and cover ups.

These Lefties are falling like dominoes. I bet Al Franken retaliated on PBS, he probably knows who is dirty in the media. Girls stay quiet for years for money, they will talk for even more money.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
At this point, it doesn't matter what party someone is affiliated with -- the tipping point seems to have been reached at least in my group of friends. Not one other person (myself aside) I know cares anymore. Folks who were outraged with the first guy (Weinstein, wasn't it?) are getting progressively more apathetic or are just flat out annoyed by the constant deluge of claims.
Even the two I know who were raped are taking the accusations with a huge grain of salt and don't care to hear more claims. It's not that it's triggery for them, it's as one said,"Turning into white noise, and when survivors hear white noise, it's time to stop."

edit on 11/20/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No not Charlie too!

I would almost fear the deviancy of someone like Charlie Rose over that of a hardened criminal.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
At this point, it doesn't matter what party someone is affiliated with -- the tipping point seems to have been reached at least in my group of friends. Not one other person (myself aside) I know cares anymore. Folks who were outraged with the first guy (Weinstein, wasn't it?) are getting progressively more apathetic or are just flat out annoyed by the constant deluge of claims.
Even the two I know who were raped are taking the accusations with a huge grain of salt and don't care to hear more claims. It's not that it's triggery for them, it's as one said,"Turning into white noise, and when survivors hear white noise, it's time to stop."

Part of that is by design. We have an element in America which is attempting to conflate words to actions, harassment to assault, and crassness to abuseiveness. Truth be told, this is exactly what many of us warned about years ago, calling it "PC running amok." Asking a woman for a date isn't harassment. Touching a woman's knee isn't assault unless and until she says "take your hand off my GD knee." Attempting (note, not forcing, just leaning in) to kiss a woman is called "making a move" and for decades, if not longer, "What are you doing? No!" was the end of it... The element is trying to water down actual assault and abuse through elevation of the non-stories.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The Rose has big thorns.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

No not Charlie too!

I would almost fear the deviancy of someone like Charlie Rose over that of a hardened criminal.

Its like Mr Rogers or Bert on Sesame Street being molestors.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Interesting, PBS recently cancelled Frankin for something. They are eating each other, the Left is imploding.

The left wing voters are next.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: tadaman

No not Charlie too!

Its like Mr Rogers or Bert on Sesame Street being molestors.

Is Rose the host of a children's program?
Or are you implying accusations of pedophilia?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Rose has big thorns.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join