It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants can count the mounting evidence that plants are conscious

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

People have known this for much longer than that...most just weren't listening.

Nature is all about symbiosis and/or parasitism. Plant to animal, animal to plant, plant to plant, animal to animal.

Even a modicum of thought should lead you to that realization almost immediately.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Saw this lecture a few weeks ago and it seems to me you either missed the message he was trying to convey or didn't watch until the end. Plants are not self aware. A quote from the video:

Do plants have brains? Well the answer is no, there's no brains in here, there's no axons, no neurons, it doesn't get depressed, it doesn't want to know what the Tigers score is, it doesn't have self-actualization problems, but what it does have is something very similar to us, which is the ability to communicate with electricity.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Saw this lecture a few weeks ago and it seems to me you either missed the message he was trying to convey or didn't watch until the end. Plants are not self aware. A quote from the video:

Thank you for your answer.

If you dont know plants are self aware then I dont you have not spent enough time with powerful plant teachers. For once you had you would know different.

There is all different types of awareness. Yes plants have awareness. But it does not stop there. What do you think a plant is doing when it fires signals across vast fungi network in the ground. Ecological systems have awareness too.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: grey580
Well Vegans.

What will you eat now?

I am vegan and i eat lots of plants.

I hope no triffids are reading your above post Purp!

Warmest

Lags

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I dont eat the triffids Lags. That would be wrong !

Happy day to you. :-)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I, for one, welcome our vegetable overlords...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Murderer, have you no shame

Plants love us unconditionally . They dont mind us eating them.

It's a kind of vore thing, then?

But seriously the plant responses are survival mechanisms, so I'm fairly sure that the plants aren't 'down' with being eaten.

edit on 20/11/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yea, vegans are dicks eating these plants.. i knew they felt it being ripped away from your roots..

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I moved from West Texas to Central Texas over the summer. WHere i come from the abundant trees are mesquite, which look more like underbrush until they've grown for 100 years. Gorgeous trees, especially when it rains. But trees in West Texas are undervalued in general.

Here in Central Texas trees are revered. Where I work we have an 800 year old box elder. There is a 700 year old native pecan right in front of my office. The indians bent it over to mark a cave/well that are next to my office. You can see tree roots coming through the top of the cave and dipping into the water.

The wal mart built its parking lot around a 500 year old live oak.

People here revere trees. To drive home the roads leading into my neighborhood have the black top laid down on either side of hundreds year old oak trees.

I really enjoy it quite a bit.

They did that in Sunnyvale shopping mall in SV. There were these red wood trees that had been there for decades. When they decided to redevelop the downtown square back from a large sprawling mall back to a regular grid of streets, they kept the trees.

goo.gl...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

But seriously the plant responses are survival mechanisms, so I'm fairly sure that the plants are 'down' with being eaten

Thank you for question.

I really dont think so but maybe that is because my world view is different to yours. To say plants are in our service would be wrong. But they are here for us and very much want to help us.

We have forgotten how to talk to them. We have moved from our hearts to our heads. Even so there are still very powerful plant teachers out there that have the ability to activate the seat of the soul. Your third eye. Now this to you may well be gibberish I understand that. All I can say trying to stay within the terms and conditions. until you have seen with your own being you really are not in a postition to understand or judge.

kind regards

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I Love this thread, wish I had more time at the moment to comment.
I'd like to come back later and share some thoughts if that's cool. Went to school for Horticulture, made my living most of my adult life in the plant and flower business.

Plants have the "Will to Live".....and that's a fascinating subject.....bye for now...."Flower Power" LOL....

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

They knew much of this as far back as the early 1970s.

Secret Life of plants

I prefer the movie The Thing (1951) as a source for my plant zingers
:

"Intelligence in plants and vegetables is an old story, Mr. Scott.
Older even than the animal arrogance that has overlooked it."

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

But seriously the plant responses are survival mechanisms, so I'm fairly sure that the plants are 'down' with being eaten

Thank you for question.

I really dont think so but maybe that is because my world view is different to yours. To say plants are in our service would be wrong. But they are here for us and very much want to help us.

We have forgotten how to talk to them. We have moved from our hearts to our heads. Even so there are still very powerful plant teachers out there that have the ability to activate the seat of the soul. Your third eye. Now this to you may well be gibberish I understand that. All I can say trying to stay within the terms and conditions. until you have seen with your own being you really are not in a postition to understand or judge.

kind regards

No, I can quite conceive of talking to plants being rational thing. But I doubt that taking their advice is particularly sane.

I have not discovered a vegetable that I disagree with (except for Chokos. They just can't be trusted, and I'm sorry if that makes me a Phyletist).

edit on 20/11/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Will be back here once I've watched and read everything on here! Plants/trees and the part they play on this planet are very underrated...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Well Vegans.

What will you eat now?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Vegetable rights and peace!

Fascinating thread, thanks OP.

Fungi in forests are enormous networks and are really cool.

Am watching star Trek Discovery at the moment and am a bit baffled by the Spore Drive thing.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well, now I have no need to feel guilty about eating animals, if plants are also sentient.

You have to eat something right?

Thanks, I was having real issues with the idea lately.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

no joke Ive had a conversation with a plant before

whilst on my way to visit the hyper space machine elves
edit on 21-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

aye but its more like a matriarchy right!

that's plants and fungi that like to talk to you if you are on their wavelength

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

have you ever read about the ant super colony that exists in the americas !

its one large super colony of ants that stretches across continents

the same with the plants and trees of the amazon they form a super biotic network and communicate with each other

So Avatar is really exactly whats going on with Earth accept we stopped listening when we moved into our walled cities

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join