It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US re-designating North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The President has said North Korea are repeatedly supporting international acts of terrorism so he is re-designating them as a state sponsor of terrorism and that very large sanctions would be announced tomorrow (Tuesday)

I think it's a wrong move and to liberal a use of the state sponsor of terrorism term , on the terms he cites many nations could be classed as such.
Anyone remember the build up to Iraq ?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One minute after this one.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm not sure why they were ever removed from the list. WHile Trump is at it, may as well redesignate Iran as the same, though.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
NKorea is arming countries like Saudi Arabia who then goes and bombs to death thousands of children in Yemen ?

Arms terror groups in Syria that causes again, thousands of civilian deaths…and the destruction of Syria

Arms, again, forces in Libya that has literally torn the country apart…

Drops drones on many countries where civilians in the thousands have died

Who does this ?

The United States of America

edit on 20-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm not sure why they were ever removed from the list. WHile Trump is at it, may as well redesignate Iran as the same, though.

And Saudi Arabia ?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

And Saudi Arabia ?

Ha!

Good luck with that one. Too many invested business interests, both by the US government and the current occupant of the WH.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Who’s going to say, any country except maybe Iran and NKorea, THE TRUTH THAT IT IS THE US WHO IS A DANGER TO ALL OF HUMANITY…

Particularly with Trump as president, it makes the US far worst.

In-fact, they are worst now because of the fact that they are the ONLY country in the world, because of Trump to not sign on the the Global warming treaty!

And alone they are the only country that started the war on Terror by being the host to the greatest most sinister FF in the history of humanity--911.

So who is a terrorist country?

NKorea has invaded whom?

NKorea has sold arms to whom?

NKorea has destabilized who?

NKorea is dropping drones on who?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I will agree this labeling is based on extremely weak examples - execution of Kim's half brother and Otto Warbinger.

I suppose this is in order to use some existing law, but it does feel dishonest in nature. I hate that our democratic process has so completely ground to a halt that we have become a nation where change seems to only happen through executive order and wild interpretations of existing laws as justification.

Our system is very broken, and unfortunately only seems to get worse as time goes by.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

And Saudi Arabia ?

I believe this is precisely why the purge happened there. They were likely on the list to be named.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

And Saudi Arabia ?

Frankly, I'd not lose any sleep over the entire Middle East, sans Israel, being put on the list and appropriately dealt with once and for all. I'm no fan of Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It's alleged that weapons made by North Korea have found their way into a few nations despite sanctions.

It seems they are a cheap go to for cheap and reliable less sophisticated weaponry, N Korea has a history of black market dealings.

It's not just weapons, they deal in fake money and drugs too.

I'm not saying N Korea is the devil or that other nations are better in comparison, if you dig you'll find hostilities everywhere.

That's the apparent nature of the beast.

It doesn't matter if it's Houthi rebels causing terrorism with N Korean missiles or Syrian freedom fighters doing so with American weapons.

It's all about influence.

Rebels, freedom fighters, soldiers and terrorists all have something in common, they need tools of their trade.

It's all just words and bs, when you give it a thought. Influence and power in a world where no nations are "innocent".

top topics

join