It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the religious threads???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Geez, you'd think this is some kind of religious revival meeting at ATS.

Jesus this
God that
Aliens inseminated Jesus' mother

on and on and on and on...This is getting tiresome...like i said on another thread i hope for some real breaking news of some type- maybe this will end the "Jesus" kick here.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, i dont quite know if this is the impetus for the posts and threads, but religion certainly has a very huge and fruitful conspiracy side to it. often times, its not even a side, but really the whole meat of the religion. Sooo, yeah.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I worship God. I was brought up a catholic. I know there are many conspiracies out there- but if you notice, its the only thing anyone is talking about anymore.

Do i miss Bush-bashing threads...
....maybe...

There's lots more going on in this world than religion, imho.

I'll be quiet and go away for now, peacefully

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Too right!

True that this is a catering conspiracy webstie, but it also holds a good number of other threads. So you have to have a bit of both, just to blance things out I guess?

Anyway off to another thread!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh, they have a forum for that now, it's entitled: Conspiracies in Religions
Discussion of conspiracies and scandals in organized religions, or conspiracies influenced by religion.
moderators: asala, Gazrok, RANT, Zzub.

I believe it's been around for awhile. What's the problem?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I agree with Dg to many of them, but what can I say I guess it has to do with the passover and easter approaching.

Now is many other threads that are very good and ATS members should be aware of and that is the problems with our meat industry and the spread of mad cow disease in the US.

Or the new virulent mutation of HIV.

I don't think God or Jesus is going to help us with that one.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Uh, Im just guilty of starting another one, sorry.

Its not really about conspiracies, but where else can I meet so many both religious and nonreligious people? Yeah, I know there are boards that specialize in religion, but hey, I like ATS. If there are parts of the board that doesn't interest me, I just stay off them.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm sure you've noticed, dgtempe, that there is a great deal of religion becoming part of the most powerful nation on earth. For that reason alone, it has become part of everyones daily take on the news.

It is also in the arena of world events...the recent tsunami in the Indian Ocean brought religion into play within weeks...Christians helping Muslims is frowned upon by Indonesian governments peppered with radical Islamic politicians...as we saw with the deadline given to US troops sent there to help. Even the aid itself has become a political hot potato.

I won't bother to get into the ongoing situation in the Middle East and Sudan...because I'm sure you're tired of the religious hate mongering that's going on there.

The point is that religions are becoming a flash point for war again...not that it ever was not.

The definition of religion is what matters here...and the distinction between those organized religions and personal spirituality.

A religion is just another type of multinational corporation trying to attain a global stranglehold and enslave populations.

Spirituality is it's opposite...the search for the 'soul within' and the personal connection to whatever we define as Deity.

If we could do away with religions, the world would be a better place.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
If we could do away with religions, the world would be a better place.

i couldnt disagree with you more. im a big fan of atheism, and i really despise most religions, especially judeo-christian ones (im jewish myself). i do so because its not right for me. still, im ok with imposing my will on others. who isnt?

however, one thing i will never, ever favor, is changing the past. even worse would be to forget the past. to do away with religions would be to lose an enormous part of the human culture, and whether i agree with it or not, it would be a terrible, terrible lose.

the past should not be changed, we should not remove our legacy, whatever it may be. whether its religion or the 2-hour limit on editing on ATS, its a good idea.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Latest thread: Is God a narcissistic bastard?

I fail to see why this crap is being posted and allowed to be posted.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OK disregard this thread.

I guess we all have the right to post what we want, the right to read those posts. I was being silly and childish just because they rub me the wrong way. I will simply stay away from such posts.

Sorry-

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Geez, you'd think this is some kind of religious revival meeting at ATS.

Jesus this
God that
Aliens inseminated Jesus' mother

on and on and on and on...

Welllllll, a couple of weeks ago we had hate this group, hate that group, join this group.
Maybe this is a backlash from all that hate

One thing, DG, like the weather, this too shall pass

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
True dtom

The trouble with religion is that every nut demands equality of opinion with everyone else.

So "Is Jesus an alien" type posts are made by people who sadly serious.
maybe we could cull the more stupider posts ....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
True dtom

The trouble with religion is that every nut demands equality of opinion with everyone else.

Maybe Jesus is not an allien but god is he is from the another place not earth you know.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'll have to admit that the jump in religious threads was the first thing that I noticed when I jacked-in moments ago. Now don't get me wrong as they use to be my favorite threads, but the shear repetativeness of seeing the same illogical arguments time and time again turned me off from even bothering.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Uhmmm

Nobody is forcing anyone to READ those threads.
If you don't like them, read something else. It is not like we all have to take part in every single discussion going on here.
Thats why we have the useful "myATS" function, you pick the topics that interest you and read only them.

For example, I have no interest at all in weapons forum, I never go there, never read it.

Also, "Jesus is an alien" is as much as valid as "Jesus is a son of god".

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Paperclip, of course, you're right. As i already stated, i wont go in those threads and i'll be ok.. *sigh*

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
To some this is their way to join with others and share things, if you dont like it follow the advice of the button below your, ATS Point counter and ignore it. Noone says you have to have any part of it, just move on that is why these types of discussion are catagorized the way they are to keep like items together to make it easier for you to pass them over.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
True dtom

Censorship in the face of adversity, a policy used way to much dont bring it here , let people be if they are polite and dont make an arse out of themselfs, by cursing everyone or something like that leave them alone I came here because if i was having a bad day and with the life I have lived there have been many, I just tune in here and go to those Jesus is an alien posts for the pure relief of humor, I however think that someone else would be there under an exacting expression of their beliefs, so should they be denied space because we think their opinions are funny and off the wall , NO they deserve the courtesy that anyone from a super mod to scholars and the higher minds deserve, they deserve the right to express their beliefs just as well all do.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
well religion has a lot to do with Bush and the arrogant evangelical hordes, so perhaps thay are indirect bush bashing threads?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join