It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindness ROCKS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I was wondering how many people here on ATS know - KINDNESS ROCKS!

I've never painted anything beside a fence before in my life - but - I had to start!

I love 'Kindness Rocks'!

Paint them. Hide them. Paint or write on the back to 'Post a Pic (FB group of choice), then keep or re-hide'.

I hid my first one today.

I just love this corny stuff so much!

I can't wait to see if someone finds mine!

And don't laugh, this is a first attempt but I promise to get better!

So go find a rock.

Paint it.

Hide it.

Because KINDNESS ROCKS!~
edit on 5721Sunday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Does this mean I have to put makeup on my avatar? I suppose I can get the stone/bone artifact and make it look at least three hundred years younger.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

that's actually a wonderful thing to do.
ill give one a shot

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anger can be dangerous but it has its power too.

ETA:

I am digging the owl.

Nice job!

Not going to go paint any rocks..

But I work with money. I could write some encouraging words on a few bills before dropping them into the safe..

edit on 11-19-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've seen that some of the senior complexes whose newsletters I get to edit/proof have been doing this.

It's like making pet rocks and releasing them into the wild.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

No Kindness does NOT Rock. Especially when that's all you are, all you give. Only to get crapped on time after time. So no, Kindness in my personal opinion and probably millions of others, does not Rock most of the time.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your "rock?" has always confused me. Can you explain that pic? Thanks-I am sure others have the same question.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I love your idea. People here leave sweet self-affirming notes hidden around the city. I wish I had your artistic skill-alas I have none. Thanks for the idea-hope all those artistic types on ATS appreciate and act on your great idea. I love your owl-you are talented.
edit on 20-11-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: rickymouse

Your "rock?" has always confused me. Can you explain that pic? Thanks-I am sure others have the same question.

The picture is deceiving, it is on a handle I made to fit into the whole that very strongly resembles the marrow hole on a bone. Specifically the foreleg of a cow, that is all that the butchers could tell me about it. It is a much bigger animal than a cow though, it is permineralized now, so it is rock. Whether it was permineralized before someone ground it into it's present shape or whether it was a bone back then that was carved is the only question I still have. It could be a mastadon bone or from a really big buffalo. The butchers did not know if a buffalo was capable of having a bone that size.

Here is a picture of it. It still has the clay plug in the marrow hole. You can see some of the scratches where they were carving it. This picture still has the clay on the rock, I washed it better down to the patina. These scratches and lots under the back are under the patina except one next to the bottom which is fresher, possibly from the backhoe hitting it during the excavation of my basement. This link is in my profile on the wall, I have no idea how to open it and display it there or even here. files.abovetopsecret.com...

A bone can permineralize in as little as three hundred years, so this could be an Indian made item. Because I tossed the rocks in the woods around the house when I was backfilling and a backhoe dug the basement I have no idea how deep it was. The pile I backfilled with was probably from no deeper than two feet. No way of telling how old this is and the bone could have been a fossil or permineralized prior to being made.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

I love your idea. People here leave sweet self-affirming notes hidden around the city. I wish I had your artistic skill-alas I have none. Thanks for the idea-hope all those artistic types on ATS appreciate and act on your great idea. I love your owl-you are talented.

Thank you for your kind praise but you should see some of the rocks I've seen. They make the hair stand up on your arms they're so beautiful. I'll ask for permission from friends and post a few pics.

And even if my owl looks like something a 5 year old did compared to their ART - I don't really care - it's so much fun to do!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShatteredKingdom

No Kindness does NOT Rock. Especially when that's all you are, all you give. Only to get crapped on time after time. So no, Kindness in my personal opinion and probably millions of others, does not Rock most of the time.

It doesn't sound like you've ever experienced real kindness.

And really - without kindness - what's the alternative? So you might as well try to be kind. And it's sometimes all you can give even when you'd like to give more.

I hope you find real kindness some time soon.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Check out these... They're stunning...

And not mine - I wish!

Enjoy!
edit on 4925Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join