It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Hip Hop Artist Lil Peep dead at 21

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Gustav Åhr, otherwise known by his stage name Lil Peep, was an American rapper and singer. Peep receives credit as one of the primary artist to combine the Emo-style of punk and modern hip hop, which is currently known as Emo Hip Hop. Peep was born November 1, 1996 in Pennsylvania and grew up on Long Island, New York. Both of Peeps parents were Harvard graduates who ended up divorcing during peeps teenage years. Shortly thereafter, peep ended up moving to California at the age of 17 to pursue his music career.

In 2015, Peep released his first mixtape which he titled “Lil Peep Part One,” which generated some 4,000 odd plays in its first week. In 2016, Peep released two more mixtapes; Crybaby and Hellboy.

On June 2, 2017, Peep had announced his debut album, Come Over When You're Sober, on the social media app Instagram. The album was suppose to be released on the date of August 11, 2017 but due to unseen circumstances, his album was delayed until August 15, 2017.

Peep decided to go on tour, in which he decided to call the tour “Come Over When You're Sober tour” due to obvious marketing reasons. The tour began on August 2, 2017 and was scheduled to end on November 17, 2017, but was cut short by two days due to his death.

On November 15, 2017, Peep was found unresponsive on his tour bus by his manager. When first responders had arrived, they had found evidence of a suspected drug overdose. No foul play was indicated. Peep was suppose to be preparing for a performance that night in Tucson, Arizona.

Hours before his death peep had made a series of Instagram post, One of which he claimed to have consumed psilocybin mushrooms and marijuana concentrate. In another, he claimed to have consumed six Xanax pills following a video depicting his attempts to drop an unidentified pill into his mouth several times before successfully swallowing one and shaking a full prescription bottle.

His very last post on Instagram captioned "When I die, you'll love me."

Works Cited:

www.nytimes.com...

www.billboard.com...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
its a damn shame people do not use diet, exercise, marajuana and sex to maintain a fun mood.

a friend of a friend died from zanz earlier this year. dude had like 6, then kept taking them because he was so wasted did not realize he was od'ing.

the ONLY thing good about zanz is they go to sleep, so its no pain.

but whitney houston drowned from this crap too.

people need to realize chemicals are not the answer.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnySavage

This is so crazy to me. I almost made a thread about it when it happened a few days ago but I doubted anyone here would know who he is, and I've been kind of depressed ever since. I sent Peep some beats about a year ago and was hoping we'd eventually have a chance to work together.

I think what messed me up the most was seeing a video of him dead that his best friend accidentally took. I've seen death before but the way he looked in that video hasn't left my mind since. In case anyone was wondering it's looking like he took some home-pressed Xanax that had fentanyl in them. The girl that supposedly gave him the fake bars is in custody right now but I'm not going to mention her name for obvious reasons.

R.I.P Lil Peep

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Listened to some songs. Not too bad musically, but lyrically all nonsense, obvious drug addict that knows no other way than drugs. Very self centered garbage. Not a surprise that the guy died, all he knows according to his lyrics is a cycle of physical pleasure followed by self loathing that he accepts as normal.

Sad that opiods and benzo's are so popular with people these days. Guess its mother nature culling the herd.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

When Michael Jackson had passed my mother was extremely sad. She was crying in her bedroom, and I sat there and wondered why she was crying over the death of someone she didn’t even know. Well, when I read that Peep had died, my heart sank to my stomach and I felt empty.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I never heard of him.
Then he died and i saw a picture of that "rapper":

A mix between Justin Bieber and "Jesse Pinkman".

That was the moment i realized why i never heard of that "rapper".
Oh, tried to listen to some of his music then, tried it once and never again.

I am sorry, if that is what HipHop became to, i don´t wanna be called a HipHopper anymore, but i am one since more than 35 years!

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No one is looking out for these young idiots. And when there are no boundaries there will be extreme and terrible consequences to make corrections.

Lil peep got a correction due to no one caring about him.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnySavage

When Michael Jackson had passed my mother was extremely sad. She was crying in her bedroom, and I sat there and wondered why she was crying over the death of someone she didn’t even know. Well, when I read that Peep had died, my heart sank to my stomach and I felt empty.

People need to understand what happened to Peep was a mental health issue more than anything. For the past several days all I've heard are people with the attitude of, "Well, he sang about drugs and dying, I mean look at him." Almost as if he deserved it just because he sang about his own mental health problems.

I'm kind of confrontational at the moment about it just because I've been constantly arguing about it for days. A lot of people have shown me how crappy they genuinely are since he passed.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What really messed me up is that he was not ready to die. He didn’t take his own life personally. He was given pills that had fetanyl in them. I completely agree that he took too much. I completely agree with the fact that he shouldn’t have been doing drugs in the first place. Here’s the important part that we’re all missing. A human being died at the age of 21, right when he was beginning to thrive in a world where he felt alone. He’s gone.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I feel bad for him and his friends and family but the sooner these people realize these drugs are just a trap and designed to keep you a slave to the system or DEAD the better off they'll be.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Someone of a rational mentality would recognize he was in destruction mode, from his beginning he was on his way out.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnySavage

What really messed me up is that he was not ready to die. He didn’t take his own life personally. He was given pills that had fetanyl in them. I completely agree that he took too much. I completely agree with the fact that he shouldn’t have been doing drugs in the first place. Here’s the important part that we’re all missing. A human being died at the age of 21, right when he was beginning to thrive in a world where he felt alone. He’s gone.

Exactly. He was only 21. Too damn young.

I can only hope that one day we can see as a society the damage the war on drugs is causing. If you want to get to the heart of the subject, this is the real reason for his death. Home pressed Xanax bars with fentanyl are only a thing because of the black market drug prohibition creates.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't like rap at all.
But......

Too damn young to die indeed!
I remember when Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison died close together....all of drugs/alcohol.

It's a sad commentary on life and society when those so young turn to these substances to kill the pain of living.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
His Xanax was spiked with Fentanyl according to Post Malone, he was good friends with the kid.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is happening every day.

I've known a few people who have died due to alcohol and/or drug misuse. Teenagers and adults, you never get used to it.

I've personally seen people get into situations like this and luckily survive and then put themselves in the same predicament weeks later, I don't follow the hip hop world but hasn't Lil' Wayne had multiple overdoses?

21 is far too young to die, sadly he won't be the only one this year nor will he be the last.

Statistically this stuff is getting worse whilst medically speaking substance misuse resulting in overdose is becoming easier to treat.

In other words we've got a problem on our hands.

Is this due to popularity of drugs? The quality of drugs? Lack of education?

I don't know. All I know is about half the people I've known die from overdose done so using prescription drugs and alcohol.

Paracetamol can kill an alcoholic. Cocktails are never good, especially if including homemade or mixed drugs.

Sad stuff, I hope the supplier gets prosecuted.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I don't like rap at all.
But......

Too damn young to die indeed!
I remember when Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison died close together....all of drugs/alcohol.

It's a sad commentary on life and society when those so young turn to these substances to kill the pain of living.

I've never heard it put that well, and I agree. Mostly because I'm one of those people.

Maybe I'm just cynical but lately it doesn't seem like any measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Xanax is a really abused drug and is a total memory wipe with just a few beers.
edit on 20-11-2017 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

You know what else is not the answer?

Becoming Lil Peep.

I had not heard of this individual before this thread, so I looked up a video... Emo is terrible, navel gazing waffle, self obsessive looserdom which has no place making anyone famous, and hip-hop is a refuge for poets with no diction, and musicians who cannot play instruments, but GOD DAMNIT if the combination between the two is not the sorriest dirt I have ever had poured into my ears.

I would almost rather listen to my own throat being torn open with a blunt spoon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join