It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports US Marine Expeditionary Unit MEU lands at Langley

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
This is obvious BS. Also not sure of the reasoning, if the CIA needed to be hauled in they certainly could be by normal means. I doubt a large number of marines would be needed to do that.

BS a large surprise force would be required to get as many as possible quickly as possible...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The average person, even if they're used to a helicopter or two flying over is going to notice 16 of them making multiple trips.

Hal Turner is a known hoax source. That's been shown repeatedly over the years.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

So they fly at night and all that noise suddenly disappears? That's a new one. They still use a lighting system that can be seen at night, it's just subdued.

do you record when you hear planes/choppers at night? Why? It's pretty common... Also, I'm pretty sure those lights can be turned off for tactical reasons... Such as sneaking up on the CIA

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Sixteen aircraft flying over your head at low level three times is common? Where? Even if they didn't record it people would be asking what the hell was going on and reporting unusual activity over them.

I said subdued lighting, not the navigation lights. You still need some kind of lighting for night vision goggles to see if you're flying in formation, with your main source of lighting turned off.
edit on 11/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
1) they could still be there. Only need the element of surprise going in. Then, ground vehicles could be used to extract those arrested.

2) Hal Turner is KNOWN hoaxer? I'll go look that up, I've heard of him before and nobody seemed to be calling him fake news before this....

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Airlifting an entire MEU into McLean, VA at any time of day is going to get noticed, absolutely. Your work at a helicopter port isn't exactly the same as somebody who lives in McLean though, is it? To you, helicopters were commonplace. To them, they may see one now and then, but I would be entirely willing to bet they've not seen an airlift the size an MEU would require and it would stand out to them.

So when marines deploy into a combat zone, their enemies can see them coming for miles and have the ability to carefully watch them from any observable distance?

There's a reason you don't land right on top of where you're going unless you absolutely have to, yes.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesCookieIII

originally posted by: Fools
This is obvious BS. Also not sure of the reasoning, if the CIA needed to be hauled in they certainly could be by normal means. I doubt a large number of marines would be needed to do that.

BS a large surprise force would be required to get as many as possible quickly as possible...

And all those people were just hanging out at CIA last night?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

2) :
Feds Grant Eminent Domain as Collateral to China for U.S. Debts!
edit on 11/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If they took the entire 1100 Marines that make up the Ground Combat Element there's no way they did it in one lift unless they had more than 16 aircraft, which would be even more noticeable. That means flying in with the first 600 troops they could carry, back out to get the next load, and back in again with the rest.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Your link is busted

link   

For those folks who are saying "and what, nobody noticed?"......

I lived in Northern VA for a long time. Worked in DC just about as much. Drove past the Langley entrance on the GW Parkway millions of times.

- First, you cannot see a damned thing in the wooded area where you drive into the agency off of the parkway.

- In DC and the surrounding area, you see ALL KINDS of military aircraft, all the time. It's a bit of a reality check when you're driving northbound on US Route 1, and you realize that an Apache, or Blackhawk just flew past you overhead using the hwy as a visual landmark to follow. You also see lots of flights of the Marine Corps helicopters that routinely move high ranking military personnel and the likes of the President back and forth. Hell, I lived on South Route 1 for a number of years and you felt like you were in the Surfboard scene from Apocalypse now sans Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries....it would shake the living crap out of everything.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Don't forget that according to the OP's source, they used an MEU from Pendleton. In California.

I guess the three MEUs at Lejeune in North Carolina aren't as trustworthy. Or something.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Nuh uh.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

You don't see a formation of 16 aircraft making multiple trips though. I've been around the military my entire life and never saw anything even close to that, except one time, when they did an air parade for the 50th Anniversary of the end of WWII.
edit on 11/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

First, you cannot see a damned thing in the wooded area where you drive into the agency off of the parkway.

Exactly, so how are these witnesses able to "confirm" that there's aircraft parked all over the grass?

In DC and the surrounding area, you see ALL KINDS of military aircraft, all the time. It's a bit of a reality check when you're driving northbound on US Route 1, and you realize that an Apache, or Blackhawk just flew past you overhead using the hwy as a visual landmark to follow. You also see lots of flights of the Marine Corps helicopters that routinely move high ranking military personnel and the likes of the President back and forth. Hell, I lived on South Route 1 for a number of years and you felt like you were in the Surfboard scene from Apocalypse now sans Wagner's Flight of the Valkyries....it would shake the living crap out of everything.

How often did you see 16 helicopters flying at once? I lived there for a number of years and don't think I ever saw more than three, maybe four, flying together at once. Despite living near an airport that helos from Quantico routinely sat down at on their proficiency flights.

link   

Okay a) the U.S. hasn't defaulted yet, so we wouldn't be able to know about any contracts in the event of the US defaulting...
and b) He gets one story wrong and someone calls him a white nationalist and now he's confirmed fake news, although he broke many stories that were true?

link   

You fix't it

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

oh, ok.

I was just curious. I didnt know they would have had to have flown that many helicopters in order to land that many marines.

I never heard of this source before.

As always, thanks for the response.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

someone calls him a white nationalist

Weird how that happens when you go to neo-nazi events and espouse the killing of brown folks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join