It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats blame Trump for Obamacare rate hikes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing anyone's insurance.

If I didn't father them , or give birth to them they are not my responsibility!

So yes it is Obama and the democrats fault!

Unfortunately, you are wasting your breath here. Kudos for your effort though.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Do you know why Fox is running this particularly predictable (predictable in the sense that Democrats are blame shifters) story?

Could it be anything to do with the fact that they don’t want to do healthcare stories surrounding Republican failure to repeal the ACA?

“We’re gonna have a great plan, the best plan. Believe me.”...

You could argue that it’s only been a year... right?

Wrong!!!
They’ve been dangling this carrot to the Conservative base for over 5 years (Trump for 2 years).

You’ll all scream “deflection”...
Which is ironic because that’s exactly what this non-story is.

exactly, theyve had a very long time to have a whole slew of legislation ready for the day they had the power to finally enact those tings, yet nothing but silence from them on that front, somehow thats trumps fault though in many peoples opinions. i keep wondering how long we can have our entire govt throwing a hissy fit before the masses really start catching on to that BS. i have seen a pretty massive change the last 3 months with many people realizing just how bad both parties are and how little they really care about helping the people. so i am quite happy to see that change even if it is just a small minority of people overall
edit on 18-11-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Socialized healthcare requires a commitment to the people receiving the benefit.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dfnj2015

What insurance did you have? Ours was going up a steady 7% every year. Immediately after Obamacare, it jumped 50% and it has been a double-digit increase every year since.

When the Premiums were skyrocketing under liar Obama, the liberal media bailed him out by (accurately) stating that 85% of ObamaCare customers paid between $0 and $100 a month, due to federal subsidy payments covering most of their monthly premium.
EXAMPLE: www.cbsnews.com...

Now that Trump is President, the liberal media is slamming him for the 39% average nationwide increase coming on 1.1.2018. But they are leaving out that fact of 85% of ObamaCare customers paying between $0 and $100 a month.
EXAMPLE: www.huffingtonpost.com...

The true fact is, that if premiums increased 500% next year, 85% of ObamaCare customers will pay between $0 and $100. The government (WE TAXPAYERS) will pay the rest. This "Welfare" for lower income workers, increased by a staggering $10 Billion Dollars for 2017 alone, and will continue soaking taxpayers in ever larger amounts, as long as ObamaCare lives.

GOD I hate the liberal media!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You may find this hard to believe, but Trump sucks so bad that his "suckiness" has traveled back in time and effected every administration before him.

I call it the Trumpella Effect.

Did you know that before Trump, Reagan was known for "trickle up" economics? True story.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You and me both.

It all seems much like government imposed charity!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen Did you even read your post? I like you but some times I wonder if you are real. And shall i delve into how the ACA got passed? As much as I dislike Hillary she had little say in that.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5 While you make a good argument Trump will get it right this time.....(sarc)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
So a poor product in an open market will fail? Like a Ford Pinto?

The two pronged failure was that all policies had to cover situations that not everyone would experience like drug rehab or in my case, pregnancy. Neither one would be a situation for me yet I have to pay for it. The second prong was the mandate.

As for why there was a crisis in the first place. CYA testing for everything. Sprained ankle just needs an ACE bandage but we have to do X-rays to be sure it isn’t broken, maybe crutches just in case we missed a hairline fracture. The other problem was over billing equalize what the insurance would pay. $5 for aspirin because they might get 75 cents. Otherwise they would get a nickel for a $1 med if they only billed an honest $1. Doesn’t take long losing 95 cents on the dollar to figure out you need to over bill everything.
edit on 19-11-2017 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: carewemust

You and me both.

It all seems much like government imposed charity!

That's another reason why I both admire President Trump's restraint, yet am also perplexed by it.

I guess his ego isn't as huge as its been portrayed.

If I were President and 85% of the media was constantly spinning everything I do, or say, into the negative, I'd find ways to have them punished...BIGLY.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Dudemo5 While you make a good argument Trump will get it right this time.....(sarc)

If he got it right this time, the aforementioned time-travel capabilities would cause a vortex to swallow the universe. So let's hope not.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Some things never change,a liberal does have it in themselves to say they did wrong,no self esteem,why they cater to the rich get free table scraps,they say progressive but is being a sheep in the real world,do what the masters tell ya

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust Lol that is a horrible thing to suggest. So blocking the media is your goal if you where to hold the seat of the "free world"? Please take that back and come up with something a little less horrible.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2 WHAT.... Your post may need some refining.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Leave it to a liberal to tell a story that has everything but any truth,sounds good to them

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2 Leave it to you to just sound like a snowflake

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Uh, I did not hear Obama repeatedly whine like a little baby about Bush. Trump has done nothing but cry about Obama. Lets face it Obama walked into a much bigger mess than trump.

edit on 19-11-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What insurance did you have? Ours was going up a steady 7% every year. Immediately after Obamacare, it jumped 50% and it has been a double-digit increase every year since.

They don't care. As long as they can have a "study' somewhere that says the rates didn't increase, they don't care what real people have been going through. All they care about is what it looks like on paper. Just like all the people who "got insurance". Not only were they forced to buy it or face a penalty, but some people can't even use what they were forced to buy because they can't afford the deductibles. They're not actually getting healthcare, but on paper they're "insured".

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Uh, I did not hear Obama repeatedly whine like a little baby about Bush. Trump has done nothing but cry about Obama. Lets face it Obama walked into a much bigger mess than trump.

You have a particularly opaque set of blinders. What brand are they? I'd like to buy some stock in that company.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Something has changed and that's those with preexisting medical conditions can now get coverage.

Oh, and your health insurance gets subsidized, if your poor enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join