It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats blame Trump for Obamacare rate hikes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It seems that everything that happened when Obama was president was George Bush's fault.

Now that Obama is no longer president everything is Trumps fault.

Everyone with half a brain knew that Obama-care aka the ACA was destined to fail.

Yet it seems that the left refuses to accept responsibility for the fiasco that is Obama-care.

Obama-care rates have gone up every year since it was enacted. Why should it be any different this year ?

“All of the negative things the Trump Administration has said since he came into office is affecting the market overall,” said Washington’s Deputy Insurance Commissioner Steve Valandra. “It’s made it unstable and created a lot of uncertainty and that’s something that health insurers don’t like.”

Fox News

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Before the ACA insurance premiums were going up 20% per year causing a premium to double every 5 years. After the ACA the same is true. The ACA has done absolutely nothing to change the rate insurance premiums are rising in either direction.

We need to break up the healthcare cartels so the people who own the hospitals don't also own the insurance companies. We need single payer system to cleanup the corruption for a few years and then return it back to private sector with better rules and regulations.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well of course they blame Trump.

Who else would they blame for the Hillary Clinton disaster that cost Democrat donors over a billion dollars.

They want their money's worth afterall.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The first 4 years of Obama's presidency, it was Bush's fault.

The last 4 years of Obama's presidency, it was Trump's fault.

No politician ever takes the blame for anything. Only the credit.

Blame is what the other person gets.

Obamacare was supposed to usher in socialized medicine. But Trump was elected instead of Hillary, Queen of The Damned.

So really, it kinda is Trump's fault.

And I thank him every day.

But don't worry, the cowardly lying republicans will bring about socialized medicine. Those ####tards will just call it, "FreedomCare".

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Nationwide the rates increased 105% from 2013 to 2017. That was not Trump.

Democrats keep generating their own quicksand that swallows them up. Not very bright.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Do you know why Fox is running this particularly predictable (predictable in the sense that Democrats are blame shifters) story?

Could it be anything to do with the fact that they don’t want to do healthcare stories surrounding Republican failure to repeal the ACA?

“We’re gonna have a great plan, the best plan. Believe me.”...

You could argue that it’s only been a year... right?

Wrong!!!
They’ve been dangling this carrot to the Conservative base for over 5 years (Trump for 2 years).

You’ll all scream “deflection”...
Which is ironic because that’s exactly what this non-story is.

link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
It seems that everything that happened when Obama was president was George Bush's fault.

Now that Obama is no longer president everything is Trumps fault.

Everyone with half a brain knew that Obama-care aka the ACA was destined to fail.

Yet it seems that the left refuses to accept responsibility for the fiasco that is Obama-care.

Obama-care rates have gone up every year since it was enacted. Why should it be any different this year ?

“All of the negative things the Trump Administration has said since he came into office is affecting the market overall,” said Washington’s Deputy Insurance Commissioner Steve Valandra. “It’s made it unstable and created a lot of uncertainty and that’s something that health insurers don’t like.”

Fox News

That is one of the most asinine quotes that I have ever read. It couldn't possibly be how unaffordable it is for middle class Americans! 😤 Holy sh8t this person is dumb.

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What insurance did you have? Ours was going up a steady 7% every year. Immediately after Obamacare, it jumped 50% and it has been a double-digit increase every year since.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Lets say they put the blame where the blame is due.

President Trump did discontinue cost-sharing subsidies, which were direct payments to insurance companies to defray some of the cost of providing health care. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners estimates the move added 12 percent to 15 percent to the cost of Silver plan premiums. Nineteen Democratic state attorneys general are suing Trump over the stoppage.

But the Trump Administration says it was only complying with a federal judge’s order, which declared the CSR’s or Cost Sharing Reductions to be illegal because Congress never appropriated the funding. President Obama ignored that fact and paid the subsidies anyway.

So now you have 19 democratic state attorney general's suing Trump for something that was illegal to begin with.

edit on 18-11-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dfnj2015

What insurance did you have? Ours was going up a steady 7% every year. Immediately after Obamacare, it jumped 50% and it has been a double-digit increase every year since.

Horizon Blue Cross of New Jersey. The rate increases are well documented.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Blame Congress for being bought by the insurance companies and not creating some reasonable solution. Health care shouldn't be an investment for those with lots of money to make more. It will never be reasonable again under the current economic system.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This is why you leftists and rightists make me laugh...
Blaming puppet Presidents...

Prime example...

President Obama ignored that fact and paid the subsidies anyway.

How?
Is he (was he, rather) in physical control of those monetary transfers?
Sure thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think that Obama was in cahoots with the Pharma and Medical industries to boost sales. Hmmm.....Cahoots seems to be a real word in auto correction, I never expected that.

Obamacare was destined to make insurance expensive, it has nothing to do with Trump or the Republicans. They were trying to warn us about this for a long time. Obama seemed to be dumping lots more money into it.

I pity the people who are sick or crippled and now have unlimited money to give to the doctors. All they probably do is go from one appointment to another and they will never get healed or better. Cash cows are a way of the future in the medical industry, medicines treat symptoms, not cure diseases.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Here's one of my posts from September (HERE). It shows how Republican controlled Oklahoma is blaming the Trump administration's refusal to approve an Obamacare waiver for their premium increases. Those premium increases will be around 30% and affect roughly 130,000 citizens of Oklahoma (links in post).

And here's one of my posts from early October (HERE). It shows that Trump refused to help Republican controlled Iowa fix their health insurance markets after Iowa requested help (links in post).

And here's one of my posts from mid October (HERE). It shows that Pennsylvania ended up announcing a 30.6% premium increase instead of its anticipated 7.6% premium increase because of the Trump administration's refusal to make cost-sharing reduction payments for 2018. (links in post) Oh yeah, both Chambers of Pennsylvania's State legislature are Republican controlled.

Oh yeah, and here's an article where Republican controlled Idaho is also blaming the Trump administration for the Obamacare premium increases.

Idaho's insurance regulator blasted the Trump administration's unwillingness to pay Obamacare insurers as the reason premiums could rise by up to 38 percent next year.

The state's Department of Insurance posted proposed rates for 2018 Monday. The state's six Obamacare insurers are calling for an average 38 percent rate hike, including a 50 percent increase for the silver plan, which is the most popular of Obamcare's three plan options.

Idaho blames Trump for big Obamacare rate increases

So when Republican controlled States say their premium increases are directly because of the Trump administration's actions, we're supposed to still blame Obama and the Democrats?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: xuenchen
Lets say they put the blame where the blame is due.

President Trump did discontinue cost-sharing subsidies, which were direct payments to insurance companies to defray some of the cost of providing health care. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners estimates the move added 12 percent to 15 percent to the cost of Silver plan premiums. Nineteen Democratic state attorneys general are suing Trump over the stoppage.

But the Trump Administration says it was only complying with a federal judge’s order, which declared the CSR’s or Cost Sharing Reductions to be illegal because Congress never appropriated the funding. President Obama ignored that fact and paid the subsidies anyway.

So now you have 19 democratic state attorney general's suing Trump for something that was illegal to begin with.

Should those state attorney generals be allowed to sue? They are backing something wrong, they should lose their position in the state. They are supposed to be working to uphold the law.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing anyone's insurance.

If I didn't father them , or give birth to them they are not my responsibility!

So yes it is Obama and the democrats fault!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If the individual mandate is axed, premiums will skyrocket, and that is definitely Trump's fault.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

If the individual mandate is axed, premiums will skyrocket, and that is definitely Trump's fault.

The whole thing needs axed!

Insurance was much cheaper before Obama-care, and that is clearly Obama's fault.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

RINOs, obviously... duh!

/sarc

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Obamacare failed, that mandate was supposed to work but it did not work. That is because when people have to pay something for insurance, they are going to the doctor if they sneeze. They want to get their money's worth. I knew that was going to happen from the beginning, I just didn't know that the medical profession would abuse it and send so many people for tests. Also, advertising medicines and procedures makes people go in and say they want that expensive stuff done. Advertising of pharmaceuticals was also allowed to happen under Obama's rule, many doctors do not even like it but to satisfy their patients they are forced to give them what they want, by twisting their interpretations to match the disease that matches the medicine. I know a few doctors who have done that, they aren't really happy about it either. Ask your doctor what he thinks about that advertising and if patients bug him/her to get those meds prescribed. See what they say. I did.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join