It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to find the truth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

lllpoolej said
If I came on here and said "The Christian/Jewish/Muslim faith has been proven over and over,yet, you are not ready to grasp it . " What would your reaction be?

My simple reaction would be this: When you can decide amoung yourselves who is right then you can come to me . Until then work on deciding amoung yourselves who is right.

Actually God and Jesus gives props to the ladies in the house.

There ya go , Keep them at home barefoot and pregnant right. Never
allow then to teach, preach, and god forbid they should ever get the idea
they should think or speak for themselves right?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Agreed. This is a problem that Christians should be working at daily.

this is a problem that everyone should be working on even the ones who think they work on it..

i am not picking on anyone religion..this is individuals..you and me and everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Actually God and Jesus gives props to the ladies in the house.

There ya go , Keep them at home barefoot and pregnant right. Never
allow then to teach, preach, and god forbid they should ever get the idea
they should think or speak for themselves right?

I meant the house of God, not being turned into domicile slaves. Using slang made me non-specific, apologies. 20 lashes with a wet noodle for the Christian.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
remember christ was put on the cross for we feared and also to have this simple truth and understanding would take away from any control...

its all so very simple..thou are reasoning mind denys and turns everything complex

He came and went to the cross to take care of the sin problem in each individual.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
If sin is the opposite of love, hate is a sin, true?

If I was to hate someone because they killed someone I loved, would I be a sinner and therefore condemned to hell?

To hate someone is the first step to murder. Sin begins with a thought. It would not be easy forgive someone who murdered. It would be a decision someone would have to make everyday.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

He came and went to the cross to take care of the sin problem in each individual.

thats what you have been told!

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How is it I fill pages, have to quote scripture, and use bunches of analogies and still fall short of being so clear and concise? I guess it's just two different approaches from two people who believe the same thing.
It'd sure save me time and finger-cises if I could though

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind

thats what you have been told!

And that's what I believe and have experienced on my own. I know what I used to be and I know what I am now. I am the only one who knows all of my life and how God interacts in it. I can't make anyone else believe in Christ, I can only tell what I know. Thank God for the people over the last 2000 years who have dedicated their life to spreading the gospel.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

If sin is the opposite of love, hate is a sin, true?

Yes.

If I was to hate someone because they killed someone I loved, would I be a sinner and therefore condemned to hell?

Hating someone who killed somone you love would be a sin, yes. In fact, the only difference between you and the killer in this case would be the killer took action. We're all sinners, but don't have to go to Hell according to the Book. This nature can be forgiven.

So by your logic I would be as bad as the murderer of a loved one...becuase of human nature? It can't be helped. You might as well call hunger a sin.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So by your logic I would be as bad as the murderer of a loved one...becuase of human nature?

Yes, we've acquired a sin nature. Garden, man, woman, serpent, I'm sure you've heard the story.

It can't be helped.

Sure it can. That's what some of us are here testifying about. Click the link on my signature line if you're interested in details.

You might as well call hunger a sin.

A lot of hungers are for sin. Some hungers are not.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have respect for people. But i do not have respect for thier beliefs. why should I? why should anyone? the only reason you would is because you agree, or you do not want to argue. But, why go through all that? just agree or dont agree. theres no point in trying to make up someones mind for them. if you worship god, then there is a small part of your brain that needs something. thats all here is to it. God is an emotion just like love, fear, anger, hate, joy.. God is not "somthing" with some will or reasoning beyond imagination or understanding. I'll give you several reasons and opinions to marinade in...
1. What is the proof that god exists? FAITH
2. What is faith? CONTENTMENT
3. What is contentment? SATISFACTION
Now, picture this; in the beginning days of religion, someone wrote a book. the book was all about the earth coming into existence. some all knowing/powerful creature created man, woman and animals. and then a few hundred years later or whatever the creature talked to one of his creations and told it to follow blindly and get others to follow (strength in numbers for optimal psychosis diffusion) his/its plan for them. they do it, and lots of strange nearly impossible things happen.
Good book so far right? Kinda nutty, but interesting eh? Now, imagine billions of rational, free-thinking human biengs throughout the course of 2000 or so years thinking this book was a true story.. pretty wacky eh? not really. this is the modern world. only, it is'nt modern. its pseudo-modern with a very nasty ailment. religion.

I cant respect a belief that is inane. Inane meaning "without sense or substance".

to disprove "god", you have to look at the concept of heaven and hell.
In jesus times, people looked at the sky in reference to heaven. they might not have said "heaven is directly above us", but the general idea was that heaven was above. heaven, if it does exist wouldnt be in any particular direction i wouldnt think. nor would hell. but people sure did look up for heaven and down for hell. could this be just another small clue pointing to the idiocracy of religion? or maybe it helps to point out that religion was created by man? why is that so hard to believe? you people do realize that the bible has been edited right? people wised up over the years, and edited it to make it more socially acceptable. another point to note is that most priests, or pastors, or whatever are pretty quick to judge when one of thier "brothers" says they have personally spoken to god. they get crazy looks from the people who get paychecks to talk about the man they supposedly spoke to! c.mon people!

why would such a powerful bieng as "god" create the universe? why so big? it would take 40,000 years to reach the next solar system housing another planet like earth. FORTY THOUSAND YEARS. but you would be there. and what would be there? this is a pretty important question. just another star with more planets circling it. ok now hop back onto your space-bike, and travel another 40,000 years to the next solar system. what do you see? imagine that! ANOTHER star with more planets circling it! who would have thought? no get back on your space-bike and jump from solar system to solar system 25,000 times. guess what you see? you see a bunch of mother#ing stars that you could travel to. take your pick, up, down, left, right, north, south, doesnt matter anymore. and keep going! it never stops. but wait! you have officially traveled long enough for another planet like earth to form! but who cares about all that right? we have god, and god loves us! malarky!

now that i have detracted from my point, why does "god" need all this room? a human is like 0.000000000001 to the tenth power smaller than the earth, so whats the rest of the infinite universe for? if we are his "project" what the # is the rest of that space for? science experiments? break into reality people.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by steplogic]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
even priest and monks seemed to forgotton knowledge

they themselfs/holy men are stoning each other over christ tomb

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

So by your logic I would be as bad as the murderer of a loved one...becuase of human nature?

Yes, we've acquired a sin nature. Garden, man, woman, serpent, I'm sure you've heard the story.

It can't be helped.

Sure it can. That's what some of us are here testifying about. Click the link on my signature line if you're interested in details.

So human nature can be helped? It seems to me then that you believe that human nature should be suppressed. If God loves us why should we have to conceal our true nature, which after all, he did apparently create in his infinite wisdom?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
step logic that was very well done..

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
every one is so caught up in illusion...it has become reality

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So human nature can be helped?

Yes.

It seems to me then that you believe that human nature should be suppressed.

Even as a Christian for a while I believed this was true until a few months ago. Your nature can be changed to a large extent. The desire to do evil fades because of the love to do good for God is greater. "You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence therefore, is not an act but a habit" - Aristotle. This ties in nicely with what the Bible says about knowing a tree by it's fruit.

If God loves us why should we have to conceal our true nature, which after all, he did apparently create in his infinite wisdom?

He doesn't want us to conceal our true nature, he wants our nature to become true. We, by our choice, tainted that nature.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
we have tainted the nature of things/nature so severly we can not clearly see the truth any more...

thats why we have innate knowledge that keeps telling us there is more..what we see is not the whole truth

i know all this do to my nature...
which has been tainted thou i have allways gone against the taint...at the age of 5 i questioned everything i was told..my inate knowledge new better.
i do see the truth much more clearly now..many ask me to share,but i am not hear to prove anyone wrong..
i am one in a billion..i dont wish this on anyone

perhaps it is best that most are tainted..for the is a lack of emotional wisdom/will power amongst many other things we need to deal with first

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
if you are "tainted" then i have been dipped in a cauldron of boiling hot taint juice a few times and hung out to dry. i question things too. like.. is there really a black hole right next to our sun? i believe there is. is there really a god? i believe it is scientifically improbable that there is no such thing. do aliens exist? they have to. the sheer volume of the universe should make that abundantly clear. why ask why? because i've tried bud dry and its not that good. i prefer guiness.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
just a little while ago i became fuxin pissd 2
i dont do that..i dont know how to get mad..
thou after reading so many topics and seeing all the waring and then thinking how far man goes back..long before jesus long before europe..and everything else...and seeing everybody demeaning their neighbor and holy men fighting and evrything and wished for a tsunami 300ft.hight to come crashing upon the lands and for mountains to fall and such..man has been here for a long time..man will exist..i just wish we could start off with a few..and even if we fade the earth will still be here and thats all that matters to me..i'd rather see all men die and the earth remain to clear its taint
it would probably take longer than 200000yrs with all the plastic we have become..
the world and its people are so plastic...i swear so many on here were poured from a plastic mold...aaaaaah that felt gooood

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by steplogic
why would such a powerful bieng as "god" create the universe? why so big? it would take 40,000 years to reach the next solar system housing another planet like earth.so whats the rest of the infinite universe for?

why not, we have eternity to explore it after christ returns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join