It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to find the truth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

That is right my friend and that spirit is your own spirit, the one that never dies.

Here's the scoop from the christian perspective. Adam and Eve were created and given a spirit that allowed them to relate to and desire to be with God. Their spirit was alive. When they fell, their spirit(the ability and desire to know God) died. They even hid from God and were afraid of Him. They passed this "disease"( a dead spirit) on to everyone else born after them. We are born away from God and don't desire to know Him. We want to make our own life, our own way without input from God. If someone wants to sleep around before and after marriage then we go for it. If we want to cheat a little and steal a little and lie a little go for it. So because we have a dead spirit we do right and wrong. We really have a dead moral compass.

God desires to have us back in a relationship with Him, but our little cheating and stealing and lieing and sleeping etc., keep us from Him. Sin cannot enter the presence of God. God wants us with Him, so He solved the sin problem by dealing with it at the cross. When a person makes a conscience choice to accept this fact then we are restored to life again. God's spirit enters us(and I mean literally) and brings our dead spirit back to life because the Holy Sprit lives in a christian This only happens through acceptance of Christ as Savior. Up until that moment a persons spirit remains dead.

What you said is true, that spriit remains your own spirit. Every person has to decice if they want to keep there dead spirit or make a trade with God for a new and alive one.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Up until that moment a persons spirit remains dead.

If that is what you trust and what your saint book tell you, you feel good with, that is o.k...for you
But it does not mean that is the real deal....

We all have our beleifs, not matter what beleif we have, it's all the same truth!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

llpoolejsaid:
Amelia, you are extremely condescending. In my heart of hearts, I am reading a diatribe of someone who has fooled themselves with delusions of grandeur. I am not ready to hear your stories, as they are just that. delusional stories.

I have great respect for people and their beliefs. You do not show that respect. You condescend to the rest of us as "Not ready" "Unable to understand". More than likely because most DO understand. Understand that it is BS out of a mind that has falsely "evolved".

by this statement you have pretty well shown that she was right in her asertion that some are not ready to even try to understand.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Up until that moment a persons spirit remains dead.

If that is what you trust and what your saint book tell you, you feel good with, that is o.k...for you
But it does not mean that is the real deal....

We all have our beleifs, not matter what beleif we have, it's all the same truth!

No. Its not the same truth.
Truth is not relative.
Truth is absolute.
There can be only one truth. "No lie is of the truth"

You can pretend your a god if you want to, but when you stand before the real deal, its gonna suck to be you.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It can't be the same. Truth is something distinct. 2 opposing views cannot both be truth. There is a right and wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It can't be the same. Truth is something distinct. 2 opposing views cannot both be truth. There is a right and wrong.

So if you and I are standing on opposite sides of the Grand Canyon and you
describe what you see and I describe what i see . only one of us is telling the truth? only one of us is right ? the other cannot possibly be right and telling the truth because there is only one truth?

If you are on the top of the canyon of the Wind River and I an on the banks in the canyon we will both have the same views of what we see right?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You are talking about incomplete views seen from two different locations.
Logical fallacy

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
I have met those that will stand up in church and say "I fall short of the glory of God, forgive my sins" while thinking "At least I am better than all of those that are not as good of a Christian as I".

I hope that makes sense

Hehe, well ain't that a kicker! An egotistical humble person. What's that word people like to use here so much... a hippo...er... hypo...um... somebody help me out.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

You can pretend your a god if you want to, but when you stand before the real deal, its gonna suck to be you.

That is my point, I never pretend to be god....NEVER! Why you say that to me, I never judged you, ever dear!
It won't suck to be me at all.....why are you so mean with me?! I'm trying to help you by telling you that you have much more power than you think you have, if you could just have faith in that little soul of yours....
An I get verbally attack for that! That hurts, but I understand your point of view.

Love
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Amelia perhaps it is not that they dont understand but that they dont WANT to
understand. they have made up their mind and dont want to be confused with facts or options. Or possibly it is that they are main line decendents of

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Your religions have told you that you have to serve god and accomplish what "he" wants because if not, you will be in troubles....YOU have the power in yourself, you are not here to serve god,

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Very interesting from a christian POV

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Very interesting from a christian POV

and did She? the xian point of view is not the only one they only think it is.

You are talking about incomplete views seen from two different locations.
Logical fallacy

that is your POV but perhaps that is because you have the same limited POV as most fundies

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe I should have broken it down

Your religions have told you that you have to serve god

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
##########################

and accomplish what "he" wants because if not, you will be in troubles

Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

###########################

YOU have the power in yourself, you are not here to serve god,

#########################

I was laying those two sources side by side for a comparison..

That is all

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Any way...it does not change a thing to quote the bible because we do not beleive in it, even if you would write the entire old testament...we don't BELIEVE in IT!
That is YOUR religion dear, not mine!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Any way...it does not change a thing to quote the bible because we do not beleive in it, even if you would write the entire old testament...we don't BELIEVE in IT!

Who's we? I hope you're not including me here. You talk about loving everyone and now you're drawing lines on the ground?

That is YOUR religion dear, not mine!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And you have your religion too apparently Amelia. The thread is "Where to find the truth" and each of us are stating it from experience, faith, etc.

Hey stalkingwolf, it's time to make a biting remark about Christians with another goofy pic!

[edit on 14-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sorry Saint...

It was not meant for you, I just wanted to say that bible quoting will not solve the problem as I am saying that you can find the answers into yourself...I don't have a book to quote, I don't have proofs of what I am telling you, the only proofs I have come from my experiences and I know, cannot be a proof here....

Let's not disrespect each other for that. I was just trying to share and show some new horizons of faith and love....but I think that is enough, I said everything that I wanted to share, now it's up to you to take it or leave it.

I send you love and light
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
just sounded like you were representing a group by saying 'we' so I didn't know where I was being placed. If it's not out of line for me to say so Amelia, I think principally there are some similar facets to what you believe and Christianity in that love is key, but at the divergence is the point that people seem to argue. From what I've seen of this and other threads, that divergence is some of your personal beliefs vs. God and the Bible. I think a lot of Christians are scratching their heads, wondering why it's such a great leap of faith to believe in these two also. I doubt any Christian here thinks you're way off-track, rather hoping you'll to pull into the station. Just an observation.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
as you wish.

I believe that I am part of the WE mentioned.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks, kinda throws in a refreshing break even if I am the dragon-like troll with my head up my rear.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The who's way is the right way thing doesn't matter anymore.

Our so-called Christian leaders (in the us) are running this country down the drain. BTW, Bush and other elites don't even really follow the Christian faith. They're devil worshippers, so I guess they think Satan's stronger than God.

Sorry for the ramble, but the point is that the coming 1 world religion will put an end to religious squabbling once and for all. But things will be so screwed up by the time that happens, no one will care about arguing over faith anymore.

But, for the time being, keep up the discussion. It's pretty interesting. I just think that people shouldn't get offended by other's posts. Respect other peep's opinions while you disagree with them (it seems that the "everyone is God thing" pisses off some people).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join