It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LaVar Ball downplays Donald Trump's role in UCLA freshmen's release

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This just goes to show that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

"As long as my boy's back here, I'm fine," LaVar Ball told ESPN. "I'm happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there. Like I told him, 'They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.' I'm from L.A. I've seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. My son has built up enough character that one bad decision doesn't define him. Now if you can go back and say when he was 12 years old he was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then that's a different thing.

This one line right here shows me what kind of a father LaVar Ball is " 'They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.' I'm from L.A. I've seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses."

Doesn't this idiot realize that when in China you are subject to Chinese laws? This big deal out of nothing could've cost his son ten years in a Chinese prison? I'm not sure that the entitled little prick would have survived 10 years in a Chinese prison!

The way I see it all three of these ball players owe Trump a great deal of gratitude!
E SPN

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Completely ungrateful attitude there!

Trump will not be thanked and will still be called a racist.

Try that crap in Singapore, they would have been caned and nothing America could do.

Asian countries don't play ...

edit on 18-11-2017 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

He believes it's ok to be "just" a petty thug.
Not a "real" criminal.

For some reason I don't think this is his kids first mistake, it's just the first time he has been caught.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

When you are proud of your son because he waited until he was in college to start shoplifting....

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

The 3 ball players actually did thank Trump which I have to admit surprised the hell out of me.

It is the father that displays no gratitude. If it were my son I would at least try to thank Trump personally.
I wouldn't go to espn and down play what my son had done.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Feel bad for the kids, could you imagine have this clown as a dad ugh.

Trump just did what a leader should do in those situations I think, get your citizens out when you can.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: DaphneApollo

The 3 ball players actually did thank Trump which I have to admit surprised the hell out of me.

It is the father that displays no gratitude. If it were my son I would at least try to thank Trump personally.
I wouldn't go to espn and down play what my son had done.

I didn't know, I'm glad for that. But still his attitude stinks. I saw this story three days ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So The Narrative is more important to these wretches than gratitude for saving their own flesh and blood from prison time. I'll certainly be filing that knowledge away for later use, as I hope any and all Americans are.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If Trump had helped them out without trying to publicly force them to thank him, I might have a modicum of respect for his actions.

Trumps only positive is how transparent him and his actions are.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If Trump had helped them out without trying to publicly force them to thank him, I might have a modicum of respect for his actions.

What are you even talking about?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

What are you even talking about?

Trump, the UCLA players he supposedly got off the hook? What the OP is about?

Reading is fundamental.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm with you on that. I was put off by that as well.

With that being said if it were you or your son would his motives really matter?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted
a reply to: underwerks

I'm with you on that. I was put off by that as well.

With that being said if it were you or your son would his motives really matter?

Probably not, but I have the advantage of looking at it from the outside, and I can't help but see the political play this was intended as.
edit on 18-11-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Mr. Ball said "Now if You can go back and say when He was 12 y.o. He was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then thats another thing..."

No, Your son waited another 6-7 years and then got caught shoplifting..

Interesting note: After personally taking at least 75 shoplifters into custody, it was My experience that hardly anyone gets popped their first time. Once they pop that cherry, they seem to grow 'light fingers' In Ca. where I worked, a first time offense usually gets listed as a 488 Ca. P.C.(petty theft) **It should also be noted that if a person has spent at least 1 day in jail for a theft related offense, then any subsequent 488 P.C. becomes 666 P.C. (Petty Theft w/a prior) and this makes it a Felony.
Now I don't know how it works o'er there, BUT in Ca. if You enter an establishment w/the intent to commit a theft OR ANY CRIME then it is a 459 P.C. Burglary-commercial. That is why sometimes the home invasion rapist will get charged w/burglary.
Now because there were 3 that could also go for 182 P.C. (Conspiracy) Conspiring w/another to commit any crime.

I wonder how many times this kid rifled Mr. Ball's wallet??

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Trump tweeted: "To the three UCLA basketball players I say: You're welcome, go out and give a big Thank You to President Xi Jinping of China who made.....your release possible and, HAVE A GREAT LIFE! Be careful, there are many pitfalls on the long and winding road of life!"
While I agree with most of the sentiment, I think Trump saying "You're welcome" is not very Christian-like and he's supposedly a big time Christian.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wow. Would a racist go out of his way to get three black kids out of trouble in another frikin country?

Its funny how we have a racist white POTUS and these 3 black kids are home safe and sound in no time.

BUt when we have a black POTUS white kids like Otto Warmbier come home dead.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

What an embarrassment these three dufusses are.....make that four (including LaVar Ball for minimizing his son's petty thievery). You're right. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1
nvm. not worth it.

edit on 18-11-2017 by Regnor because: meh

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Sure it doesn't look good when you have to toot your own horn.

But truthufuly if Trump didn't take his own credit who would have given it to him? Clearly not even the parents of the people helped went to give credit where it is due.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Trump just did what a leader should do in those situations I think, get your citizens out when you can.

Why? They broke the law there while being basically american ambassadors.....

new topics

<<   2 >>

join