It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found a "throw and go" kitten--Now he is family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

A Cooper and a keeper!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

We live outside of suburbia, and people just drop off unwanted beasties. At least the kitten wasn't hurt.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Damn, what a pretty cat he is! He looks like the type who would snuggle up under the blanket with you to keep warm, I know a cat like that

Ours was a throwaway cat, too. There was a couple of people sharing an apartment on the opposite end of our building, they got 2 squirrely orange tabby kittens out of the blue that parked themselves in the living room window all day. Made alll the neighbors go "D'aw!!" every time someone passed their unit on the sidewalk.
Then they moved a few months later and dumped them outside. The sibling was hit by a car, and our dude was up a tree in the pouring, cold rain yowling his little butt off until I tracked the noise down and coaxed him out of the tree.
I took him inside, gave him a warm bath (and like yours, he seemed to think warm & wet was better than cold & wet) My better half assumed I was going to want to keep him, though I was just going to get him presentable and feed him a good meal before we dropped him off at a shelter-- we already had 2 grown cats, a dog and a bird & weren't allowed more animals.

My husband ran the trash out & the cat barreled out the door on his way back in. We watched him scurry down the stairs down to ground level and...beeline right up into hubby's truck's engine. Oh the language, lol. He spent a good long while laying in a cold-ass oily puddle under his truck trying to get this half-grown kitten squawking at him to shut up and come out of there. They were both filthy by the end of it. Another bath and more food later finally got furball to go to sleep. The goal was to run him to the shelter in the afternoon after he got home from work, but I swear hubby changed his mind when he got home and found fluffbutt curled up tightly, angelically sleeping on his pillow. "I'm pretty wore out...we'll do this tomorrow..." Almost 12 years later, he's still here XD He ended up not being much of a window sitter, so he was relatively easy to hide from the office.

They really are best buddies, though. He's always waited at the door every single day for him to come home, "I can always count on the door greeter to be at his post!" If hubs is a little late getting back, even by just a few minutes, he gets panicky and comes hollering for me (don't tell me animals can't tell time, lol) As soon as he hears hubby at the door, greased lightning to get back there before the door opens.

Anywhere my husband goes in the house, the cat is right behind him, he even matches his pace up the stairs and is literally right beside him going up (or down them) Watching TV? Oh, ok, you need a lap warmer, human. Eating a meal? You need a foot warmer under the table. Fire in the fireplace? MOVE OVER! Going outside? You better leave this door open so I can keep an eye on you out the screen door, or I'm gonna make noise. Going to bed? Imma just get under these sheets and snuggle up riiight here.
The only place he doesn't regularly follow at his heels is the bathroom. Once in a while, and always only if he wants a drink from the bathroom sink for some reason. He usually just guards the door until hubby comes back out.

The dumped animals make the best pets, this one & one of our previous 2 were both dumped. Our geezer kitty who died a few years back I had since late childhood. He was already about 5 (give or take, the vet said back then) when we took him in -- his original owners moved & left him, a neighbor didn't like him hunting birds around the neighborhood and threatened to shoot him. We took him inside and that was that.
I had him until I was 29, he lived 19 years with me as a kid, me as an adult, me after getting married, after kids (so til about 24-ish years of age, he was ancient in cat years)
He was the best goddamn cat I ever had, so mellow and eager to please the people. We're hoping our Orange Screwball lives as long as he did, but we're aware it could have just been a fluke in his genes, they don't usually live THAT long. When he does eventually die, it's going to wreck my husband, even he's admitted that much.
edit on 11/18/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sounds like curling up on his pillow was a good move. That cat was smart.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Oh what a BEAUTIFUL Siamestic! Siamese + ?? = Siamestic! Love'em, they make the most fantastic Overloards and treat you as one of their very own...from time to time. He's the kind I would make room for in my household in a New York minute!

One way he may have ended up on your doorstep is that he may have beenup under someone's undercarriage and fell out when losing his grip. I've seen it happen and had it happen. I say that mainly because other than his freeloading passengers (fleas-YICK!), he was fat, almost sassy and seemingly in good health.

At any rate, enjoy him, love him tons and you'll get it all back in multiples of thousands!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Nyiah

Sounds like curling up on his pillow was a good move. That cat was smart.

He still knows how to work the Cute to his favor with my husband
It's the reason he's on a diet right now, worked the Cute into a weight gain.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Stuck in an undercarriage, didn't think of that. I could see that happening.

He is fitting right in. We have a Australian Shepard-Blue Healer mix dog that does not know what to do with the new kitten though. They have slept next to each other, but I don't know if they will be best friends we will see.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

What a friendly kitten, good on you for rescuing Cooper

It is difficult to imagine how one simply discards such a precious little guy like he were trash

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well you got a friendly one. Cats come in two personalities, the friendly ones, and the wandering not so friendly ones. Have two cats from an old littler, The first one Patches is super friendly, and the other Snowflake not so much, though both are more or less sort of outdoor cats.

Unlike patches, though I only see the other cat snowflake around once in a while, who knows what the hell she does, sometimes I will not see her around for a week or so. And then when I do its like, oh #, your still around kicking, what the hell do you do all day and night?

But ya there a lot more cutter when there young, those two when they were kittens, I used to wake up and they would be on my chest just looking at me, waiting for me to get up. Now there like "forget you, we got better things to do, now where's my food"

edit on 3amSundayam192017f0amSun, 19 Nov 2017 03:18:58 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I truly think a bunch of the people who drop cats off think they are going to be fine. But thinking adults know better. now throwing a cat from a moving car I do not understand.

edit on 19-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh my goodness he is beautiful! What a sweetheart, he is just purring away through that whole video. I'm so happy for him that he has found a home in your family!

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

This morning the little angel climbed a curtain. So now I am armed with squirt bottle. He is full of piss and vinegar, but still a good kitten.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

he is so cute...so someone in our general area left an open pet crate by the side of the road with 4 puppies in it...someone took them home and is trying to find homes...I already have two dogs that I took in and we have 2 cats too (one cat was the only survivor of a feral litter and the other one his owner (my friend) had to move out of state my friends cat he is the sweetest cat in the world!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join