It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News gets KISSed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Maybe Gene Simmons was having a bad day or he is looking for some publicity, he IS a publicity whore but he went WAY above and beyond in a trip to Fox,

Gene Simmons has reportedly been banned for life from Fox News for inappropriate behaviour during a recent promotional visit.

The KISS frontman stopped by Fox & Friends and Fox Business Network’s Mornings with Maria on Wednesday morning to promote his new book, On Power, and after that, he headed to the 14th floor for an interview with FoxNews.com’s entertainment section, but he instead barged in on a staff meeting and began insulting and taunting staff members, a source told The Daily Beast.

Hey chicks, sue me!” he allegedly shouted before pulling open his shirt to reveal his torso. He also hit two employees on the head with his book and compared their intelligence based on the sound, and allegedly made jokes about Michael Jackson and pedophilia.

torontosun.com...

I don't find any humor in his references to pedophilia or sexual abuse. Comparing intelligence by the sound of a book to the head is pretty funny though. And the subsequent apology.

“I have appeared frequently over the years on various Fox News and Fox Business programs and have a tremendous amount of respect for the talented women and men who work there,” Simmons said in a statement released by his publicist. “While I believe that what is being reported is highly exaggerated and misleading, I am sincerely sorry that I unintentionally offended members of the Fox team during my visit.”

Does it sound like a callous apology? Maybe. He's an over the top person at the best of times. Probably sees little wrong with what he did. It's probably not the most outrageous thing he's done this week.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think the key to this story may lie in the fact that his visit to Fox was a "promotional" one. Plenty of industry insiders will tell you the Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are two of the most straight laced, and sober, all about business individuals in music, and all the talk of outrageousness is purely because it fits the image that sells the band and its products.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

My thoughts too..

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The guy is probably losing it, maybe too much plant defense system chemicals....which not only include those in vegetables, but includes Cannabis and opium too. It does not seem to be microbe defense chemistry, meaning it does not appear he was drunk.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Apparently Fox has drawn the line for what is and what is not politically correct based on their own sense of appropriate. If it is the left calling for politeness then it is ''that stupid political correctness'' but if it is someone acting outside of what their own parameters of politeness call for it is outrageous behavior and deserves ostracization .

That said, I don't care for this fella in the first place. And that apology was most likely written not by him but his publicist. Chances are the publicist has a drawer full of them pre written for special occasions.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Same age as Bill O'Reilly. One guy gets "ceremoniously" banned for life and the other was paid to be a sex pest.

Gene is irresistable he'll be back on FOX.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

THE irresistible force.

edit on 18-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: SilverOwls

THE irresistible force.

Ozzy and Gene should unite and sell out arenas.

new topics

join