It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Girls’ Writer Murray Miller Accused of Raping Underage Actress Aurora Perrineau (Exclusive)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Lena Dunham has always been dodgy. She's an example of the phenomena of 'White rich feminist', people who aren't really feminists because they're just rich girls playing at equality because it feels hip and edgy to them.

Actual feminists abandoned and disowned Dunham years ago. I think they had a feeling something like this was coming.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Lena Dunham has always been dodgy. She's an example of the phenomena of 'White rich feminist', people who aren't really feminists because they're just rich girls playing at equality because it feels hip and edgy to them.

Actual feminists abandoned and disowned Dunham years ago. I think they had a feeling something like this was coming.

Wait ...

Doesn't that disqualify most feminists then?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Still missing the mark here man. Of course people get laid sober. Please quote me where I said otherwise... The whole point is that recently there's been a move to make it so that if a woman has had any alcohol, even if the guy is buzzed too and it's consensual, the woman can later claim rape due to compromised judgement. There have already been cases. It's a double standard, one, and two as I said so many people have a couple drinks and hook up that theoretically there could be thousands of retroactive rape cases every night. Apparently you aren't up to date on these debates.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That is an important point generally. That's why there are laws/guidelines by statute. But what do we do when different states and countries have different ages for consent? For example, I believe Denmark it's still 15, Germany 16. Does it magically now become not creepy or weird if someone goes there and has sex with a 16 year old?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

That is an important point generally. That's why there are laws/guidelines by statute. But what do we do when different states and countries have different ages for consent? For example, I believe Denmark it's still 15, Germany 16. Does it magically now become not creepy or weird if someone goes there and has sex with a 16 year old?

Have Denmark increased the age of consent. Last I heard was that the age of consent was still 14 there. I am in neighbor country, and we have age of consent 15.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

She repeatedly, according to the quote in the OP, said she was 17 to a gentleman (I use the term loosely...) twice her age, making advances. That sounds like no to me. Age of consent is utterly without meaning in this case.

If it sounds like no, it's no. If it even hints at being no, or even maybe not a good idea, it's no.

I can't even begin to imagine forcing unwanted advances on someone. If this is true, the dude is quite simply a rapist.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Nope. Still creepy.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sure, but that doesn't answer the question of the difference between statutory law varying by locale and what is morally right. To most people and the law in the US, under 18 is unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I certainly don't know the answer to why the differences in the statutory laws.

It's never made much sense to me. Some sort of historical thing, maybe?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I certainly don't know the answer to why the differences in the statutory laws.

It's never made much sense to me. Some sort of historical thing, maybe?

Without speaking to the morality of let's say US laws, it's basically a recent development that the age was raised to 18. For thousands of years many societies had people getting married often in their early or mid teens. Evolution-wise, males have always been attracted to women of child-bearing ability. Possibly, the countries with earlier ages of consent have basically just stuck with that older concept.

We have modern concepts of it being a form of abuse, due to immaturity of the under age parties and hence being unable to give informed consent. I think that this is true, and it's the concept behind statutory rape laws.

However, there is a difference between traditional societies where people have arranged marriages or early life long marriages versus simply sex in modern culture where people of very young age can be taken advantage of and don't have that security that may have occurred in the past.

edit on 21-11-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

You're probably spot on with that explanation.

It would have probably occurred to me in a day or two...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Without speaking to the morality of let's say US laws, it's basically a recent development that the age was raised to 18.

It's still 16 or 17 in 39 states.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Without speaking to the morality of let's say US laws, it's basically a recent development that the age was raised to 18.

It's still 16 or 17 in 39 states.
Interesting. This is one of the defenses that was put forward for Roy Moore, that for some of the women in question his interaction with them happened in a state where they were at the age of consent at the time.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

This is one of the defenses that was put forward for Roy Moore, that for some of the women in question his interaction with them happened in a state where they were at the age of consent at the time.

For the ones of age he doesn't need a defense, however all of the alleged behavior still makes him appear to be a creeper.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You're probably spot on with that explanation.

It would have probably occurred to me in a day or two...

Haha, thanks. It's something I had been discussing recently with my roommate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join