It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Girls’ Writer Murray Miller Accused of Raping Underage Actress Aurora Perrineau (Exclusive)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

“He was flirting with me. I told him repeatedly that I was 17 years old,” Perrineau said in the statement.

The actress was with two friends, she said, and Miller asked one of them for a ride home “because he was drunk,” and the group agreed. Miller was 35 at the time.

Article

Guess who sprung to his defense?

Lena Durham

“While our first instinct is to listen to every woman’s story, our insider knowledge of Murray’s situation makes us confident that sadly this accusation is one of the 3 percent of assault cases that are misreported every year,”

link

I'm stunned and at the same time not surprised by any of this.

An advocate of women like Durham does this? Amazing.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

This is one of the reasons why I believe Hollyweird should have been dismantled a long time ago.

While sure it has made a lot of good movies like Terminator and Star Wars, it is a cesspool that needs to be removed.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So we'll have to wait and see if anyone else comes forward and alleges he used alcohol/drugs in order to get them to consent? That is not consensual, but is consequential.
Reeks of bill cosby modis-operandi (spelling?) huh?

He alleges she wanted money as compensation is the same as calling her a street walker?

...and this guy is supposed to be a creative writer?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think the line between drunk/consensual sex vs rape is being blurred because of the circumstances that surround these accusations.

I fully understand that I nor anyone else from the outside actually knows what happened between these two people but I've heard so many accusations that I'm just a bit skeptical and question everything.

In fact I'm at the point where I don't want to question anything anymore and I just don't want to know. Our media seems to have the wrong motives for reporting all of this to begin with.

There's something about our society that seems really unreasonable as a result of the way this whole subject is treated. It's scandalous aspects are underlined and it's drama is exaggerated. It's like character assassination and politics more than it has anything to do with concern for a victim or making the public aware of a predatory problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Weird.

Wasn't it a couple months ago that Dunham took to Twitter to tell everybody how women never lie about rape?

ETA - this tweet and this statement today come after, of course, her getting a guy from college identified as being a man that raped her and then claiming it wasn't him because "memoirs are hard."

edit on 18-11-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

This is one of the reasons why I believe Hollyweird should have been dismantled a long time ago.

While sure it has made a lot of good movies like Terminator and Star Wars, it is a cesspool that needs to be removed.

Dismantled how?

We all go back to sitting around the radio by a fireplace?

Romantic, but not realistic.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's only rape if your not a leftist douche-bag.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Well when I say Hollyweird, I meant the old guard like Weinstein and many other sickos.

I also believe we should change the movie industry and that they should should stop influencing politics.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Lena Durham August 2017:

‘Things women do lie about: what they ate for lunch. Things women don’t lie about: rape.’

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's only rape if your not a leftist douche-bag.

Or if you apologize for it....

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Lena Dunham is ok with child molestation. She’s engaged in it herself.

If she is what qualifies as a women’s advocate then women truly are alone in this rough world.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Is Dunham gonna pull a Hillary?

I wouldn't be shocked..

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Right because it must only happen at holywierd.

Maybe the victims of holywierd are more vocal.

Last time I checked sexual assault is normal at universities. Probably 1 out of 4 or 6 women. So it's probably a systemic problem. The downside of Holyweird being masses of egos and limelighters.

This happens all over in every industry. My mother was a corporate lawyer in the late 70's and 80's and has plenty of stories.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Right because it must only happen at holywierd.

Maybe the victims of holywierd are more vocal.

Last time I checked sexual assault is normal at universities. Probably 1 out of 4 or 6 women. So it's probably a systemic problem. The downside of Holyweird being masses of egos and limelighters.

This happens all over in every industry. My mother was a corporate lawyer in the late 70's and 80's and has plenty of stories.

Sweeping statements.

Generalized statistics.

Anecdotal appeal to authority.

/thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I think the line between drunk/consensual sex vs rape is being blurred because of the circumstances that surround these accusations.

I fully understand that I nor anyone else from the outside actually knows what happened between these two people but I've heard so many accusations that I'm just a bit skeptical and question everything.

In fact I'm at the point where I don't want to question anything anymore and I just don't want to know. Our media seems to have the wrong motives for reporting all of this to begin with.

There's something about our society that seems really unreasonable as a result of the way this whole subject is treated. It's scandalous aspects are underlined and it's drama is exaggerated. It's like character assassination and politics more than it has anything to do with concern for a victim or making the public aware of a predatory problem.
That's the thing. There is a huge difference between two people both being buzzed and hooking up versus someone trying to get someone wasted on purpose, drug them, or try to take advantage of an already wasted person. There is a problem now where some people are claiming if a woman is buzzed at all it may not be consensual. This is dangerous. People get buzzed all the time and hookup all of the time across the world. This idea that it's rape at that point is absurd. It also a double standard. If it's rape because a woman is intoxicated and even a "yes" isn't consensual, but not because of force, then it follows that women should get charged with rape for having sex with a drunk dude. Because it's about intoxication, not force.

The issue with this story is her age at the time, and if actual sexual assault happened.
edit on 18-11-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Don't all celebrities want money, sex and fame? Welcome to show business, right?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why is everyone calling it child molestation?

I thought 17 was legal in a most states?
I know 17 is the age of consent in Texas where I'm from.

Where did this happen?
Because you know, driving down the road 100 miles is the difference between statutory rape and acceptable relationships. That's how screwed up our country is, lol.

We need to be able to set a national standard age here at least.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yawn I'm glad I never dated younger women or older ones or ones my age or German women or French ones and never a Chinese one or two. Definitely not too many from India or young ones or old ones ok crazy ones, well not too many crazy ones or younger ones, and not really a lot of older ones when I was young.

AHHHHH the 70's

Glad I don't remember

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

There is a problem now where some people are claiming if a woman is buzzed at all it may not be consensual. This is dangerous.

C'mon.
Why when I'm sober and experiencing clarity would I sleep with her/him?

Making it sound (I'm assuming) like if it weren't for intoxicants, nobody would get laid is weak and inaccurate--->MOHO

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Dunham also wrote some creepy things about her little sister too in her book. So I'm not sure she's exactly all there in her assessment of things.

There was the incident where she described spreading her sister's vagina apart, and then her sister had shoved pebbles up in there.

How many 1-year-olds do that to themselves? Not saying it couldn't happen, but it's weird.
edit on 18-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join