It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi man arrested for briefly talking to woman

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: scojak

Agreed but we can't exclude our own nations from that summary.

Agreed, but what does that have to do with this thread? Our nations laws/beliefs are not what's being questioned here. It's the Saudi's crazy law that prohibits a man from talking to a woman.

There are things in this world FAR worse than talking. Doing a "thorough investigation" into an innocent 30 second conversation is a waste of time, money, effort, life, and just overall insane.
edit on 11/18/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
At least they didn't stone the woman to death.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Is there like a police officer every 5-10 meters from each other in SA? That is very creepy. Talk about total government control over its people. Big Brother definitely watching them!

They have a police state that would make what many cry here in the U.S. look like Anarchy...

We really do have a lot of freedom, we have the freedom to completely point out the ass-o-nine crap our politicians and leaders do on a daily basis, hell we can even create websites about it and still live to tell the tale.

The middle east has the police state FROM the US that we all fear, the drone strikes, that target sim cards in phones that are basically being used as bombing flags... I kid you not.

sim card rules in SA

I mean, the recent corruption scandal over there, is even more corrupt than you'd ever dream up, they are actually forcing those being rounded up, to sign papers, of which once signed, they withdrawal ( avg 4 ) BILLIONS of Saudi Riyals -

1 Billion Riyals = 266 Million USD.

Riyals being withdrawn in exchange for release
edit on 18-11-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

But that can't be true. Saudi Arabia is a leader on the UN Human Rights panel.

edit on 18-11-2017 by Abysha because: woops

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Saudi police have reportedly arrested a man for talking to a woman during his lunch break in the city of Mecca.

The pair talk for half a minute

some suggesting the man should marry the girl to atone for the offence
Source

Imagine being arrested for talking to someone of the opposite sex, or forced to marry a man just because you spoke to him for an entire minute. This is the reality of life in Islamic Saudi Arabia, where women are also liable to face arrest and execution if they get raped.

For a while I was talking to someone in Indonesia. It's not quite as bad there but she was saying the same kind of thing if a guy and a girl are together in a room for too long they're expected to get married and they're not really allowed to interact. She went to an all girls school and mentioned how lucky she would be to work in a place that hires both men and women after. Though they work in separate areas. She thought it was amazing that me and my girlfriend lived in a house with 2 roommates, a guy and a girl, that weren't dating eachother.

edit on 18/11/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: gortex

More aptly, we live in a world full of wackos with antiquated beliefs.

The wackos are the ones calling other cultures "wacko".

Slavery was part of American culture... Semitic genocide was part of Nazi culture... Sharia law is part of Islamic culture...

But I'm the wacko for saying all that stuff (despite being part of someone's culture) was/is wrong? Ya, ok.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Agreed, but what does that have to do with this thread?

To people in other countries some of our laws may seem a bit crazy as do some of theirs to us , each to their own.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
it's the year 2017...

for the life of me, I can't understand why we don't have the same basic laws / freedoms...

But we all use money, have to work for it, have elites raping us while we do it, but it's ok to just bow down to an ancient culture because it's in their country...

nah, I don't buy it, they're farked up, denying human rights and freedoms and therefor need a swift kick to the justice system

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can’t even get a woman to talk to me for 30 seconds.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

That's a WHOLE other issue my friend, not even a personal one, but a society issue.

I have had a theory on how the internet, online dating, the " typical jerky guy " together has kinda ruined the portrayal of even courting in general.

Ever wondered what a society full of jaded, cynical people who don't trust anyone would look like?

Welcome to it...
edit on 18-11-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: because I like to say random weird crap here, because I think it's kinda a dumb thing to have in the 1st place. If I made an edit, and wanted to disclose the reason, I think people would find such out, on their own...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And this country is head of the UN human rights council? Or at least part of it right .
They should not be anywhere near that kind of position.
WTF...
I don't even know how that can even happen
Wouldn't that be like putting a wife beater in charge of a women's shelter?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think this is fake news.

Do women have anything to say worth listening to?

Kidding. Yes, this sucks. . .backward nation, primitive ideas.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sexy women and a stop watch...I'm going to go get me some wives!!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
wow...

just wow

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Is there like a police officer every 5-10 meters from each other in SA? That is very creepy. Talk about total government control over its people. Big Brother definitely watching them!

No, it is the religious police (RP) who insure the will of Allah is enforced as they interpret it and yes they are out and about from the different Mosque. Or... some do gooder snitch sees something and says something to the RP or regular police...

The sooner the sick religious control freaks leave behind the 7th century the better IMO.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Jeez, when the Saudis crackdown on corruption, they don't play around... they cleaning house from top to bottom!

Some are saying he should marry her to atone for the offense?

Maybe that was his/her/their plan all along. Certain societal expectations dealing with some nuance of the culture forbid them from ever being together. The lovers were doomed until they cleverly found a to use the ignorance of the people to their advantage...now they will be "forced" to live happily ever after and provide Allah with many children, in accordance with Islamic tradition 👍

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We should all take lessons from that baller mofo, imagine getting chicks to marry you after only a 30 second convo? That guy has serious play.

Thought about it too, on the other hand they are all wearing burkas...

Fortunately for him, he can marry up to 4 different wives.
edit on 19-11-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed, but what does that have to do with this thread?

To people in other countries some of our laws may seem a bit crazy as do some of theirs to us , each to their own.

Good luck getting that message across.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

we may not agree with their rules but a sovereign nation still has the right to make their own laws.

This is what I dont understand - the wailing of righteousness; their country their rules.
Sovereignty as an absolute is lost on some ATS member's.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

More aptly, we live in a world full of wackos with antiquated beliefs.

The wackos are the ones calling other cultures "wacko".

Slavery was part of American culture... Semitic genocide was part of Nazi culture... Sharia law is part of Islamic culture...

But I'm the wacko for saying all that stuff (despite being part of someone's culture) was/is wrong? Ya, ok.

Mega Corp agro and livestock enslaves people here, too. But we don't call that slavery, we call that 'immigrant labor'.

Then theres a pletohra of others like college students who will be debt slaves forever to their student loans.

And Indentured servants imported from other countries on temporary visas for Apple, Google and Amazon.

Ask all them how that slavery is working out.

I wont go into all the US foreign invasion, occupation and subjugation occurring in numerous countries in the ME, Africa and elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join