It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer killed in Pennsylvania, gunman at large

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

What are you talking about? Minority Report is totally a thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well, what do American's expect. Go back to when public housing was initiated, to when poor of which were primarily minorities were sequestered into metropolitan areas while people with any attachment to laws previously made were moving to suburbs. Jobs followed to the suburbs, leaving a situation of which police are used to keep the negative aspects of the poor away from the influence and finances of those outside the created ghettos.

And, here we are... watching the evaporation of the middle class occur before our eyes. So, what's happening now is essentially a reaction to a problem that was more than acceptable when it remained in ghettos, but becomes an absolute crisis when a few instances outside of a ghetto happen. There's mass murders every day, but we don't want to have the talks of how police are used as a front line barrier between the rich and the poor.

Just look at the opiate epidemic. It was acceptable to allow for ghettos to kill themselves with a substance that reuires importation, but became an epidemic once it started to reach the children of the influential.

Police need to understand that they are no longer servants to society... they are street sweepers that can look into pockets before one litters. If law enforcement was yielding more beneficial results than just keeping problems out of the laps of the wealthy, than I would be fully supportive of police. I don't have any trust in the state of health of law enforcement, so I just play along when confronted by one and put on the cop/convict act... since it's clear that I am more likely a convict in comparison to a flashed badge.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

I do not really watch TV anymore so quoting a show is just going to get a look of puzzlement and have me walk away.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well, I'm not sure where I quoted anything. I am used to talking to a keyboard/wall anyway, so which direction people face afterwards is kind of none of my concern. In fact, I wouldn't even notice the look of puzzlement.

Is this a police/gun thread, or is this a thread that indicates that people ignore facets of life that they don't agree with???

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No no no.

You guys all got me wrong. I truly weep for that young soldier of truth.. mercy folks mercy yikes gheeshe
and wow

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

This really was not supposed to be a gun thread. But others insisted on making it one for whatever reason.

Just wanted to memorialize the loss our communities in this area are feeling right now. And wanted to track/stay up to date on developments. We all want to see the shooter brought to justice.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Not much more yet.

Sounds like Cardiac Tamponade. He had a vest, but the compression of the heart got him.

Twenty-five-year-old Officer Brian Shaw, a patrolman, was struck in the chest. Klein confirmed Saturday afternoon that Shaw was wearing a vest at the time of the shooting.

Shaw was given CPR at the scene, but died from his injuries. The suspect fled after the shots rang out. He remains at large as of Saturday afternoon.

Police were searching for a vehicle in connection to the shooting Friday night. They found it just before 11 p.m., but it was unoccupied.

A $40,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the suspect’s arrest. The FBI has contributed $25,000 to the reward, while the U.S. Marshalls Service offered $5,000 and the ATF increased their original reward of $5,000 up to $10,000.

So the search continues. 😑

Edit: while working in a trauma unit in Reno NV. I had another friend whom was a NHP. He was shot in the head and we couldn't stop the bleeding.

When I was 23, I joined the Washoe County Sheriff's Office( Reno 911). Dicided to quit after a month. Went back to being a Paramedic and Firefighter. Much safer work..... only had a gun pointed at me once. Meth is bad.

edit on 18-11-2017 by Bigburgh because: FOR THAT REWARD, SOMEBODY IS GOING TO SNITCH.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

edit on 18-11-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beatnixx117
I weep emphatically......booohooo. that's me weeping. I almost was to lazy to write all those O's . See i care. Six O's and all. Takes effort for those leo's. Another O. That's how much I care. 9 O'S. INSERT SARCASM HERE.

This member would be the first to call 911, he has no clue what a officer has to go thru every day....www.thebalance.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

So the search continues. 😑

Most likely a career criminal. Didn't think twice despite
the badge and targeted the heart. Poor cop never had a
chance.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Amen to that... I apologize for getting off base. Maybe it shows that I grew up poor and harassed by cops more than people would like to talk about, I don't know. Typically, if I am throwing heated debate into an arena, its squarely because I feel that people don't talk enough about the people that have been experiencing loss at the hands of guns for much longer than other factions of society.

Poor people are essentially watching the rest of the country wake up to the concepts of having to live their days and nights through the eyes of fear and safe planning. Hell, I had to move away from my beloved home and essentially live without family or companionship in order to have a safer plan of existence. Poor people watch the media storms surrounding these newly fearful citizens as if the wealthy are just being born into the world of living through fear. Do we really think that poor people are going to make the correct decision and planning on the future of crime fighting going forward? I think not, and instead I feel that a police officer should have these thoughts in the back of their mind when they pull someone over for a light bulb violation. Criminals view police and the public as 'scared infants' to crime... often making it worse by having financial attachment to their own freedoms or lack thereof

No areas have seen worse deaths by guns than poor people in metropolis' have witnessed. The rest of the country accepted those crimes to be part of the culture, yet cry endless empathy when the problems creep into areas of wealth. I feel crime and gun violence would be pushed to the perimeters of metropolis' if poor people weren't forced into ghettos. Well, bad planning caused the problems to bleed into the areas that were supposed to be kept safe from such planning.

As much as it pains me to see another human lose their life to a bullet, I guess I have to consider myself to be desensitized to it all. I have empathy for all life, but welcome to the world of poor people... where death by bullet/drugs is a 50/50 chance to be the certain way one dies in a ghetto.

I see it like I see the NFL anthem protests. Where were all the people that are frustrated with anthem kneeling prior to 2009 when NFL players remained in the locker room during anthem time. People are just getting upset by anthems and gun violence because the media is pushing to make the entire mass pool to be more fearful and or upset.

If 80 people control over half of the world's assets, then it relates to the direct erosion of the middle class. Remove the middle class from the U.S., and you see a large level of social justice awareness' rising to the top. The tactics then move to pit the aspects of which can be seen against each other. They know no limits... cop vs. suspect, roe vs. wade, color vs, shade, right vs. wrong, etc. You will never hear or witness policy makers tell people that the separation of wealth gap growing is directly feeding the differences of divide of which the masses are fuming over. Black/white is the 60's version of what we see in these current time... the rich/poor divide. Wealth is sitting pretty comfy with the concepts that Americans won't come together to fight the real causes. If the masses can't put the cause/affect relationship together, then there lays the distinct reality that people aren't bickering with each other over things that will actually result in a cohesive society formed to address wealth oppression. Instead, we cry over single incidents of spread out vulnerabilities and remain numb to where these things happen every day.

I wish people would start treating others as they would want their own child treated... finally took things beyond what we want for ourselves. I'm willing to take a few blows of pain, but very few would be willing to let children get abused or mistreated. I learned to leave the ghetto behind... now I'm in a situation where I am the change of which I want for our children. Once I establish some wealth, I will rush right back into the poor neighborhoods to mentor and rebuild.

People are born and people die... it's an aspect of life that nobody can escape from. Life isn't about learning to dodge rain drops... life is about learning to dance in the rain. We can really only be the change that we want to be, and love our fellow neighbor as if they are our child along the way.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

😑😑😑😑😑😑

Very true.
What's bugging me about all this, is there is no description of the perpetrator.
24+ hours later and no help for the public to be aware. They have a jeep with a license plate.
Who is it registered to? Was it stolen? Was the dash cam working?

JIMC5499..... be careful playing darts.😐

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I understand completely, and no need to apologize to me buddy

I nevertheless do sincerely appreciate it. I understand better than anyone how heated debates can get, but I always assume it just means that person is really passionate about certain issue(s). IMO that is a net positive

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I can't remember a search for a suspect in an officers death
going so silent. Most of the time we see suspects flushed out
by now. Thru some mistake on thier own part or a tip.
Realistically this guy could be in Amsterdam as we speak.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Tim, I was wondering this myself. The only thing I can think of is maybe they are holding something back to avoid tipping him off, but I would think the help the public can give locating him is more important

Stay safe guys, no idea where this SOB could be hiding out. It is a pretty sure bet he is desperate

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That's the problem. Without giving the public info on whom to look for. This person could be in Canada by now. It takes me 5 6 hours from Pittsburgh to Toronto. Hop on I-79 and off you go. Wonder if they notified Border Patrol with an actual Description of the Suspect.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the update buddy

One of the first things I wondered is if he wore his vest, but that just goes to show you how devastating the trauma from armor deformation can be

As a side note Tim, we have a lot in common career wise. After I retired from LE, I got into an EMT class then eventually EMT-P. I worked p/t for a private ambulance service but after a few years it was starting to run me down emotionally. Dealt with 5 peds deaths between work and a volley squad I ran with in the span of a little more than a year, and that was all she wrote.

I was pretty fortunate, never had a weapon pointed at me and never had to use my own defensively thank god. Although I must admit things were just *different* then. We of course had our bad guys, but they were the kind you could understand. They were more motivated by greed and sometimes even revenge, but rarely hatred/evil/acts of insanity.

Worst of all are the situations like this, when you struggle to make sense of something that defies logic and reason. In my book, Officer Brian Shaw will always be a hero
edit on 11/18/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Remember this one?
www.usatoday.com...

The survivalist accused of killing a state trooper and fleeing into the vast woods of northeastern Pennsylvania before being captured 48 days later pleaded not guilty Thursday to murder and other charges.

There were so much info to the public. He to was armed. Media was all over this.
But nothing for Officer Shaw.🤔

Im not sure if LEO's know whom they are looking for.😑

edit on 18-11-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

(Off topic for a moment)

Cranberry...😉 paid and had police for medics too.
Pittsburgh international..
Care flight...
RN through Ohio vally..

I've seen my share of violence over 20 years. Acually seen more domestic violence than gun shots. But those gun incidents were awful.

Your in Medic Rescue Noga perhaps Wampum sheriff's.

It's 11:00 pm and news wpxi states they STILL have no information. 😠

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Girlfriend of suspect in custody.

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

It's a start.

NEW KENSINGTON (KDKA) – The girlfriend of the potential suspect in the fatal shooting of a New Kensington Police officer was reportedly taken into custody Saturday night.

So they do know who they're looking for.

I'm watching this..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join