It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice warned that Al Qaeda would strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

'01 Memo to Rice Warned of Qaeda and Offered Plan
By SCOTT SHANE

Published: February 12, 2005

WASHINGTON, Feb. 11 - A strategy document outlining proposals for eliminating the threat from Al Qaeda, given to Condoleezza Rice as she assumed the post of national security adviser in January 2001, warned that the terror network had cells in the United States and 40 other countries and sought unconventional weapons, according to a declassified version of the document.

The 13-page proposal presented to Dr. Rice by her top counterterrorism adviser, Richard A. Clarke, laid out ways to step up the fight against Al Qaeda, focusing on Osama bin Laden's headquarters in Afghanistan. The ideas included giving "massive support" to anti-Taliban groups "to keep Islamic extremist fighters tied down"; destroying terrorist training camps "while classes are in session" and then sending in teams to gather intelligence on terrorist cells; deploying armed drone aircraft against known terrorists; more aggressively tracking Qaeda money; and accelerating the F.B.I.'s translation and analysis of material from surveillance of terrorism suspects in American cities.

FULL STORY

So Rice was given a memo that the attacks on 9/11 would happen and did nothing about it. I am flabbergasted that this woman was first an advisor to the President and has now replaced Colin Powell. She knows nothing about being Secretary of State. She has no experience. It is just pathetic that the powers at hand have corrupted our once trusted government.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They tried to discredit Richard Clarke but he was more on the ball than anyone alse and did indeed warn Condi Rice.

The document is available as a pdf from the Nation Security Archive.

Bush Administration's First Memo on al-Qaeda Declassified

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well as more evidence of foul play gets into the light, nobody does anything to bring the Bush administration to justice for the death of the 9/11 attacks.

I wonder what our country has become.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well as more evidence of foul play gets into the light, nobody does anything to bring the Bush administration to justice for the death of the 9/11 attacks.

I wonder what our country has become.

That's an absolutely horrible thing to say. What if someone burned down your house and killed your family, then I went around saying "Marg was warned!! We have to bring her to justice and put her in prison!". Horrible.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

That's an absolutely horrible thing to say. What if someone burned down your house and killed your family, then I went around saying "Marg was warned!! We have to bring her to justice and put her in prison!". Horrible.

Humm................what that comment has to do with the thread?

And has you seen any justice done to satisfy the victims families of 9/11?

Perhaps you know something I don't, enlighten me please.

I don't think that invading Iraq and bombing Afghanistan has to do with justice, do you?

Actually the families of the victims of 9/11 made a law sue against the Saud Royal family for their links to financing terrorism.

But guess who is defending them Jim Baker, one of our members of the Carlyle group.

Do you still think that the victims of 9/11 will get their day in court?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
We have all known that these memo’s would confirm prior knowledge if the they ever seen the light of day, but so what big deal nothing is going to be done about this. Amerika is going to roll over and hope for a better day. Heck Michel Jackson will be going to trial soon. I’m being sarcastic but am I wrong. I hope so, there’s nothing I would like better than to see the Bush junta hung by their neck for their crimes against the American people.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Humm................what that comment has to do with the thread?

Well, let's take a closer look. Marge says

nobody does anything to bring the Bush administration to justice for the death of the 9/11 attacks.

And I say

What if someone burned down your house and killed your family, then I went around saying "Marg was warned!! We have to bring her to justice

You see marg, the correlation is made between 9/11 being bombed, and then us saying Bush, the leader of our country, should be brought to justice, and marg, most likely one of the heads of her house, having her house brunt down and me saying she should be brought to justice. But I thought that was a pretty easy thing to pick up on.

And has you seen any justice done to satisfy the victims families of 9/11?

I guess destroying the organization that killed the victims isn't justice? Tell me marg, what would be justice? What do you think should be done?

I don't think that invading Iraq and bombing Afghanistan has to do with justice, do you?

Well, let's take a look. The taliban, being the group responsible for 9/11, resided mainly in Afghanistan where they had control of the people there. Stoning women, dragging people off into the night and killing them, and of course bombings were a regular for these people. Destroying their organization would mean that we're safer from their attacks, seeing as how they would no longer exist. Understand now?

Moving onto Iraq. The intelligence that Bush had at the time said that there was a link between Saddam hussein and Al qaeda (Al qaeda being another group responsible for the terrist attacks). It also said that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Most people agreed that we needed to go into Iraq. Clinton, Kerry, and other leading democrats were among people who saw the same evidence as Bush did. When we realized there may not be a link between al qaeda and Hussein, and when we didn't find WMD's, people started bailing out. However, this does not lead me to believe it was a mistake. Weapons of mass destruction were not the only reason Bush went into Iraq. He gave 3 reasons, destroying the evil regime of Saddam Hussein, Spreading democracy in the middle east, and WMD's. Also, Iraq has brought forth a 'ground zero' if you would, or a gathering place where we can fight most of the terrorists in one place. This will make the overall war on terror much easier to conduct.

Actually the families of the victims of 9/11 made a law sue against the Saud Royal family for their links to financing terrorism.

And who exactly were these families? How many people? You do know that almost 3,000 people died on 9/11, right? If eight people came forth to sue the saudis, would you say they represent the "families of the victims of 9/11"? Can you give me a link or something to at least show me that it's not complete B.S?

Do you still think that the victims of 9/11 will get their day in court?
You mean all of the 2,823 people who died, multiplied by the number of families each one had? I don't know, ask them since you seem so convinced that every single family member of a victim is lumped into one huge organization that represents all of their feelings or something.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Herman]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Herman! Bravo!!! Love the way you put it all together!! Wouldn't you just love to see some sort of half-way decent response to what you said rather than just wild conspiracies and unfactual statements? I won't hold on breath on it though. Don't ya know "they" don't deal with facts?? Anyway, keep up the good work. There's another thread called, "Stop Creating Million..." You will enjoy it. I created it for the very purpose of trying to bring some sanity to this forum!

[edit on 26-2-2005 by robina]

top topics

join