It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Percent Of Americans Share Trump’s Opinion On Political Correctness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
No I'm directing you to a list of everything his Administration has achieved to date, including bills passed, executive orders, de-regulation, etc.

Perhaps looking at that, rather than relying on MSM to NOT tell you, would be beneficial to yourself and others so you don't embarrass yourself with making incorrect statements, only to be debunked and made to look like clueless partisan fools.

Or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: KJUK78

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

If Trump can't fix health care, and he can't, there will be hell to pay. I can see a more Sanders style guy winning. And perhaps that is what needs to happen to get the US off this corp/lobby controlled kick we have been on since the 1950's.

He has only been in there a year, It took Obama almost 2 years to implement Obamacare

As long as he gets it done in his first term, I can see him winning re-election in 2020.

I can't see the repubs and dems (who are the system) allowing Trump (who may not be the system) to change the system.
The money being made off of heathcare is literally being measured in truck loads. The lobby money is so large that the politicians care more for it than the voter.

If he solves the health care issue I will be the first to stare open jawed at the news story.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Speaking as someone who voted Trump, it never ceases to amaze me that other Trump voters are far less crazy than Non Trump voters. I fully expected the Trump Voters to be the full on crazy ones. It's just that a huge portion of the Non Trump Voters were far more crazy than I ever anticipated. I'm Impressed by your cray cray. Kudos!

Yeah, this really amazes me. The lengths they can go to to express their ongoing outrage.

It happened to me a few weeks ago. We had some good friends over who happen to be hardcore libs. The husband and I were talking and he made a reference to someplace "over by Trump's" (the golf course). His wife overheard and interrupted saying, "We don't say that word! You know that - it's our rule!" She was smiling but you could see she was serious. The poor guy was just referencing a geographical location and he got scolded by the missus! It took all of my self control not to roll my eyes and say something. That's life in California!
edit on 11 18 2017 by underpass61 because: sp

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

"We" both know the only reason many if not most who voted for Trump only did so for 2 reasons. The abhorrence of Clinton and the Supreme Court.

Otherwise...........its probably the case it matter little who occupies the White Hut. Its the broken Congress and the Courts that really matter.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

President Trump is detrimental to good governance. PC is detrimental to a language and communication. Evil people master all the PC lingo first so they can slip by evil acts under the umbrella.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

"We" both know the only reason many if not most who voted for Trump only did so for 2 reasons. The abhorrence of Clinton and the Supreme Court.

Otherwise...........its probably the case it matter little who occupies the White Hut. Its the broken Congress and the Courts that really matter.

Um I voted for Trump to try and get away from Bush-Clinton.

I could have very well voted for Sanders but the Dems made sure the only option was Clinton/Trump.

I think it is high time we break up large corps using the anti-trust laws.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

No doubt. In fact we should break up the Two Party System using the Anti-Trust Laws. I've never seen it suggested before, I wonder if there might be something to this...

Given the Great Recession, there should be precedent to break up anything that's "too big to fail".

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No doubt. In fact we should break up the Two Party System using the Anti-Trust Laws. I've never seen it suggested before, I wonder if there might be something to this...

Given the Great Recession, there should be precedent to break up anything that's "too big to fail".

Well if the DNC and Hillary boning Sanders out of the election doesn't spur a massive Democratic surge out of that club, I can't figure out what would.
(side note, why oh why does Hillary always finder herself knee deep in the chit?)
And the repubs are not much better.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
70% of everyone in america or 70% of the people that they asked ??

polls are crap if you really think about it. they ask a very small % of the population and claim its that % of all Americans. i mean you ask the same amount of people again ( different people this time) and you will get different numbers..

they never asked me so how do they know how i feel about this.. did they ask you ?? probably not..

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
a reply to: dannylightning

How many people outside of staunch liberal circles do you really think would be into the SJW PC BS?

Seriously.
edit on 18-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

How can you be friends with a group of people who think their own opinions are facts. It's kind of irritating to be around people who never admit they are wrong about anything.

You said it.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

How can you be friends with a group of people who think their own opinions are facts. It's kind of irritating to be around people who never admit they are wrong about anything.

Well, there is no shortage of that from the Right, the middle or the left!! LOL The problem is the media clouding the facts to push a narrative that feeds one team or the other to be sure. The level of truthiness out there is disgusting.

Facts like "he was found dead with two bullet wounds to the back of the head and NO BLOOD" are ok with the left and the leaders of the R party by the handling of the situation as we head to the cliff that both parties are taking us, on purpose perhaps? That is where we stand.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

The most important thing about this is that it proves predefined views can be injected in the minds of the masses by the media.

Nearly all the views that quickly gain the support of the masses are defined and promoted by the media.

It really proves how easily manipulated the minds of the masses are.

My professor of Mass Communications defined the words and put it on the test. Definition of Mass Communications is 'manipulation of the masses'. Lots and lots of examples were presented of things like the subliminal image science. It was the beginner class and definitely made people want to learn more about the whole business. It was an elective I could take with my friends, who hated chemistry and math.......

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Holy #. How much of an idiot are you? If you can not talk to vegans, I guess you have a problem with basic communicative skills.

Jeez the intellectual bar is nearly none-existing when it comes to Trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
People seem to have a poor understanding of cause and effect these days. The PC culture gave birth to Donald Trump and his more extremist supporters. You can't have one extremist action without an extremist reaction.

And what the Trumpers can't grasp is that Trump's bloviated crudeness is not a solution to the PC problem, it is a byproduct of it and just another symptom of same sickness that again has a reaction on the opposing end. It's a vicious circle that is stunting our growth as a people.

I've never understood the concept of hating someone because they hate someone else. If anything, I feel sorry for them that they're held prisoner by their own fallacious perceptions.

It works to bring us all back the center for a reset and is like an act of nature if you think about it. Bio rhythm flow of the extremism. Trump or someone just like him is what it takes to beat back the BS and PC is definitely some major BS. After the trash is taken out that caused the problem we will be able to see more clearly and Trump leadership types will be put on a leash again. The issue is how far the D's were down that rabbit hole and how many R's are in there with them. I sense a grass roots, 'we are tired of all of them' coming in the primaries that will change the landscape.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Count me as one of them.

Political Correctness is nothing but catering to other's emotions. We spend too much time worrying about people's feelings.

And the Dems want us to spend MORE time doing it.

I like truth. Cold hard truth. It's not always easy to hear, but it's far better than pandering to everyone's personal sensibilities.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Showing how effective the propaganda technique described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 really is, telling people what they want to hear, tickling their ears, telling them things that are pleasing to their ears, same thing Hollywood aims to do. Donald Trump, the actor.

2 Timothy 4:3,4

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories*.

1st *: Or “healthful; beneficial.”
2nd *: Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”
3rd *: Greek: myʹthos; KJV: "myths"

Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! Awake!—2000

How can you protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind”? (Titus 1:10) Once you are familiar with some of their tricks, you are in a better position to evaluate any message or information that comes your way. Here are some ways to do this.

Be selective: ...

Use discernment:...

Put information to the test:...

Ask questions:...

Do not just follow the crowd:...

True Knowledge Versus Propaganda

2 Peter 2:3

3 Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping.

Colossians 2:4

I am saying this so that no one may delude you with persuasive arguments.

2 Corinthians 11:11-15

For what reason? Because I do not love you? God knows I do.

12 But what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to eliminate the pretext of those who are wanting a basis for being found equal to us in the things about which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.

Donald Trump, the hypocrite promoted by large portions within hypocritical Christendom (especially in the rural areas and the bible belt).

Matthew 15:6b-14

So you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” 10 With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: 11 It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.”

12 Then the disciples came and said to him: “Do you know that the Pharisees were stumbled at hearing what you said?” 13 In reply he said: “Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 14 Let them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

edit on 19-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
I like truth. Cold hard truth. It's not always easy to hear, but it's far better than pandering to everyone's personal sensibilities.

“What Is Truth?”

THAT question was cynically posed to Jesus by the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate. He was not interested in an answer, and Jesus did not give him one. Perhaps Pilate viewed truth as too elusive to grasp.—John 18:38.

This disdainful attitude toward truth is shared by many today, including religious leaders, educators, and politicians. They hold that truth—especially moral and spiritual truth—is not absolute but relative and ever changing. This, of course, implies that people can determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong. (Isaiah 5:20, 21) It also allows people to reject as out-of-date the values and moral standards held by past generations.

The statement that prompted Pilate’s question is worth noting. Jesus had said: “For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18:37) Truth to Jesus was no vague, incomprehensible concept. He promised his disciples: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”—John 8:32.

Where can such truth be found? On one occasion, Jesus said in prayer to God: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) The Bible, written under divine inspiration, reveals truth that provides both reliable guidance and a sure hope for the future—everlasting life.—2 Timothy 3:15-17.

Pilate indifferently rejected the opportunity to learn such truth. What about you?

In light of my previous comment in this thread (and adding a reminder that Trump is just playing on people's xenophobia and that the bible encourages to watch carefully how you're saying some things related to that emotion and the topic of so-called "political correctness"):

James 3:1-18

3 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive heavier judgment. 2 For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able to bridle also his whole body. 3 If we put bridles in the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we guide also their whole body. 4 Look also at ships: Although they are so big and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the man at the helm is inclined to go.

5 So, too, the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it makes great brags. See how small a fire it takes to set a great forest ablaze! 6 The tongue is also a fire. The tongue represents a world of unrighteousness among our body members, for it defiles all the body and sets the whole course of life on fire, and it is set on fire by Ge·henʹna. 7 For every kind of wild animal and bird and reptile and sea creature is to be tamed and has been tamed by humans. 8 But no human can tame the tongue. It is unruly and injurious, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we praise Jehovah, the Father, and yet with it we curse men who have come into existence “in the likeness of God.” 10 Out of the same mouth come blessing and cursing.

My brothers, it is not right for things to happen this way. 11 A spring does not cause the fresh water and the bitter water to bubble out of the same opening, does it? 12 My brothers, a fig tree cannot produce olives, or a grapevine figs, can it? Neither can salt water produce fresh water.

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him by his fine conduct demonstrate works performed with a mildness that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. 16 For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, there will also be disorder and every vile thing.

17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. 18 Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace.

Song 141 Searching for Friends of Peace (with lyrics)
Song 73 Love Intensely From the Heart vocals

Give it a further try below. Mind you that the noun "truths" is a synonym for "realities/facts/certainties"; "knowledge" is a synonym for "science", from the Latin "scientia" meaning "knowledge". Essentially, knowledge means familiarity with facts acquired by personal experience, observation, or study. Or a familiarity with things that are true/factual/certain/absolute/definitive/correct, without error / conclusive (all synonyms):
Real science, knowledge of realities compared to philosophies and stories

Or you can skip a little ahead and go straight here:
Isaac Newton's science/scientia/knowledge about reality
edit on 19-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The number is only going up...

Be liberal

Be sympathetic to the causes of minorities but have enough of my own personal # to deal with to be active in their causes. bills to pay, etc.

Be told over and over that I'm racist, ____phobic, and I should feel guilty for everything my ancestors did, even though I didn't do anything personally

Be told I'm not allowed to be proud of my race

Be told I'm racist but you can't be racist against white people because reasons

Voice my agreement with them but it doesn't help, they don't stop making me feel as bad as possible

Start to realize I don't like hating myself because I have enough problems in my own life

Start to realize that they have made me forget that white cultures have been instrumental in the freedom, liberty and quality of life that the western world embodies today.

Start to realize why nations with majority white countries are the only nations where diversity is pushed

Slowly start to become nationalistic

MFW I've become exactly what they always told me I was even though I was once sympathetic.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
61% of Hillary supporters say they find it "hard" to be friends with Trump supporters, while 31% of Trump supporters say they have a hard time being friends with Hillary supporters.

Which means that liberals can no longer be considered liberal in the original sense of the word.

If anything, being liberal entails being tolerant of others views.
edit on 2017 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join