It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Percent Of Americans Share Trump’s Opinion On Political Correctness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: seasonal

How can you be friends with a group of people who think their own opinions are facts. It's kind of irritating to be around people who never admit they are wrong about anything.

Ever had a conversation like this?

Person A: Trump is soooo racist.
Me: How's that?
Person A: He wants to build a wall.
Me: Um, walls are racist?
Person A: Of course they are, he wants to keep Mexicans out!
Me: Um, Mexican isn't a race.
Person A: Are you a Nazi!?!?
Me: Huh?
Person A: You don't think building a wall to keep Mexicans out isn't racist! Are you a white supremacist?
Me: Um, there's hundreds of thousands of Mexicans with whiter skin than both you and I.
Person A: ADFDSFSDFSDFSD!! What are you talking about?
Me: Pulls out phone. Shows pictures of Mexicans who look German or Dutch.
Person A: It's still racist!!!
Me: Is the White House racist?
Person A: Of course it is, Trump's in it.
Me: No, I mean because it has a wall around it.
Person A: I can't talk to such an idiot racist. Someone save me. I need a safe space!
Me: Guess what? Muslim isn't a race either. See ya.
Person A: Can no longer speak, now it tears, trembling, shaking.

That's what it's like talk to an SF lefty.

LOL...so many times.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: KJUK78

I can believe that, I'm one of them.

I find it extremely difficult to hold a conversation with a "progressive or Democrat" particularly if it involves having a political discussion.

The majority of the time it descends into Ad Hominem on their part.

They seem to shirk anything that picks apart their world view (I'm sure there are right wingers the same, to be consistent)

And when they are losing a debate (because they get their "facts" from CNN) they call you a racist, or some other "ist" or "ism" whatever the slander de jeur of the day is.

Irritation doesn't even begin to cover my feelings around these people. I should probably learn to be more tolerant of the socially inept.

Agreed.

I have seen conservatives loose their cookies about legalized MJ. Libs-abortion-vegitarians-hillary seem to be the sticking points. And the media keeps fanning the flames.

I sincerely believe the "fourth estate" will be instrumental in ushering in a civil war....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I can believe that, I'm one of them.

I find it extremely difficult to hold a conversation with a "progressive or Democrat" particularly if it involves having a political discussion.

The majority of the time it descends into Ad Hominem on their part.

They seem to shirk anything that picks apart their world view (I'm sure there are right wingers the same, to be consistent)

And when they are losing a debate (because they get their "facts" from CNN) they call you a racist, or some other "ist" or "ism" whatever the slander de jeur of the day is.

Irritation doesn't even begin to cover my feelings around these people. I should probably learn to be more tolerant of the socially inept.

Agreed.

I have seen conservatives loose their cookies about legalized MJ. Libs-abortion-vegitarians-hillary seem to be the sticking points. And the media keeps fanning the flames.

I sincerely believe the "fourth estate" will be instrumental in ushering in a civil war....

There is a reason 90% of all Americans read, watch and hear is controlled (owned) by 6 huge corps. This is another reason for anti-trust laws to be applied.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm a strong advocate of free Speech, But with it (particularly with the MSM) comes the responsibility to ensure the "news" you deliver is accurate and factual.

The standards have dropped tremendously, and whoever it is that is supposed to be monitoring the MSM has dropped the ball, and we are being force fed bulls**t and politically driven propaganda.

Social media is also making MSM more redundant, with more and more using "alternative" sources to get their news.

Either the internet will be censored so the MSM will remain our only source of information, or MSM will die out ...I'm hoping the latter is the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who voted Trump, it never ceases to amaze me that other Trump voters are far less crazy than Non Trump voters. I fully expected the Trump Voters to be the full on crazy ones. It's just that a huge portion of the Non Trump Voters were far more crazy than I ever anticipated. I'm Impressed by your cray cray. Kudos!

I bet most Trump voters have had at least one Friend or Relative totally stop talking to them. I hardly ever hear of a Trump Voter defriending their opposite voting Friends and Relatives. Hell, I had to watch myself at a recent family funeral.

The survey, which involved 2,300 adult respondents across the U.S., also revealed that the vast majority of Republicans and Independents (73 percent and 58 percent respectively) have to “keep some of their political beliefs to themselves,” while at least 53 percent of Democrats acknowledged they “do not feel the need to self-censor.”

The most interesting result of this poll to me.

This thread is almost like the poll.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KJUK78

Oh this applies to conserv and lib news sources.

The wedge issues that work to divide us are front and center. We agree on much much more than we disagree on. But to watch any of the news sources you would not think that was the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Indeed.

I stated that the standard of the MSM has dropped, I mispoke.

The media has always been this bad, pre-internet however we weren't as easily able to debunk what we were fed.

You could say that internet has destroyed MSM, has put an end to the propaganda (not it's dissemination) but our ability to fact check, or investigate on our own.

There's something huge on the horizon I believe, that is going to rock the very foundation of the US and other countries around the world (see Saudi Arabia) and by the end of it the MSM will be completely irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Most people agree with Donald Trump on a host of issues. That's a big reason why he won the Presidency, just over 12 months ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And 97% of all Australians.... ay! bloody bonza.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Most people agree with Donald Trump on a host of issues. That's a big reason why he won the Presidency, just over 12 months ago.

Keep in mind he lost the pop vote. It was a close race. I still am surprised he won.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Political correctness is nothing more than a term used by people who want to shove their garbage down our throats. It is a tool used by more and more people nowadays and it a fear promoting phrase. One people can use to make anyone who disagrees with them shut up. Political correctness is actually used to twist people into submission more than to improve society. I know, what I just said is not politically correct but most people can see truth in what I have said, but they haven't the guts to challenge people inappropriately using the philosophy. It is all right if we do not all agree on something, we still need to be neighborly and respect others beliefs unless they are criminal in nature. Even the word criminal is being twisted, if someone did something forty years ago and it was acceptable behavior by society, we cannot go back and judge them just because society has changed it's perception lately. It was not considered illegal back then, we did change the rules later and improved society but people keep thinking that we can go back and rejudge these people long ago.

We have a very impatient and twisted society, they do not even research how things were in the past before making judgements.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Keep in mind he lost the pop vote. It was a close race. I still am surprised he won.

What?! Hillary won the popular vote? When did that happen? It's not like anyone ever let's us know this.

Doesn't that, like, invalidate everything?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

PC is the new racist.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How are you dealing with being wrong ?
HAVE you asked yet?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Polls only matter when they confirm your own biases.

It's election polls that get all of the Dark Electioneering hatchet work perpetrated in.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The dems and the liberal media are pushing away the silent majority and unless they realize they need a strong independent moderate leader they'll continue to lose.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Shush! They're being "inclusive." Don't you feel included? If you don't, you must be a hater and deplorable.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The dems and the liberal media are pushing away the silent majority and unless they realize they need a strong independent moderate leader they'll continue to lose.

Maybe

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Not to beat the dead horse's skeleton into bits, but Trump won the popular vote in a majority of States and a majority of Counties Nationwide. Nationwide, he lost the overall popular vote.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You can't be neutral and be an ally otherwise you're the problem too or something like that

Lots of rules and victim points to join their club

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join