It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Percent Of Americans Share Trump’s Opinion On Political Correctness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Pres Trump thinks that political correctness is harming the US's ability to control the problems that are involved with immigration. Turns out that 70% of US citizens agree according to the Nov 1st story on a survey.

An overwhelming majority of Americans (70 percent) share U.S. President Donald Trump’s opinion on political correctness, a new survey has found.

In the wake of Tuesday’s New York City terrorist attack, Trump slammed political correctness in America and called for Congress to end the diversity visa lottery program under which the Uzbek immigrant charged with terrorism after the deadly truck attack that killed eight people and injured other 12 was granted a green card.
www.inquisitr.com...

Funny.
61% of Hillary supporters say they find it "hard" to be friends with Trump supporters, while 31% of Trump supporters say they have a hard time being friends with Hillary supporters. I believe that, ever talk to a Hillary supporter? It's like talking to a vegan.....

According to the survey, 61 percent of Hillary Clinton voters admitted that it is “hard” to be friends with those who voted for Trump in 2016, while supporters of the President don’t share a similar sentiment, as only 34 percent of Trump voters said they found it difficult to be friends with Clinton voters.

Media bias, yep Americans see the Fox, MSNBC and CNN catering to their demographics to keep the add revenues rolling in. And punching a Nazi and firing NFL players for kneeling are also perfectly allowable to the majority of libs and repubs in that order.

Most American citizens also believe that many media outlets have a liberal bias, including the New York Times (52 percent), CNN (50 percent), and MSNBC (59 percent). Some 56 percent of Americans think Fox News has a conservative bias.

A majority (51 percent) of liberals also say it’s “morally acceptable” to punch a Nazi, while 65 percent of Republicans think NFL players who kneel during the national anthem should be fired.

edit on 17-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How can you be friends with a group of people who think their own opinions are facts. It's kind of irritating to be around people who never admit they are wrong about anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Polls only matter when they confirm your own biases.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Agreed.

I wanted a Sanders/Trump choice in 2016. I would have had a hard time deciding on who I would have voted for.

When Trump breaks it off in in rear end, something I fully expect, I will then admit I should not have voted for him.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

But but but Hillary......was supposed to win according to polls, so are we to assume it's actually 30% who agree?

I don't really understand how polls work on ATS anymore.

Can someone explain this?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So in other words, the SJW's really are the majority of Democrat voters now.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Can someone explain this?

More than likely not.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

How can you be friends with a group of people who think their own opinions are facts. It's kind of irritating to be around people who never admit they are wrong about anything.

It's amazing that I don't know from which standpoint this is being spoken from. However, all seem to apply.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The title is misleading af. Here's the relevant question:

Agree/Disagree: The political climate these days prevents me from saying things I believe because others might find them offensive

That's not, "70 Percent Of Americans Share Trump’s Opinion On Political Correctness" at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Reread the article.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The basic assumption in your quote there is, of course, that you actually are right.

How do you know that? What if you aren't?

It's not about knowing whether or not I am right but about whether or not someone comes along with an argument that is convincing enough to make me rethink my position. If someone hasn't done that yet, it's not that I think my opinion is fact so as that your argument might be crap.
edit on 17-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

So you like your friends to correct you on everything?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Democracy = Communism
Ask Antifa and Bamn!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Democracy = Communism
Ask Antifa and Bamn!

Behold! Our grand future ... men dressed as women, arguing every tiny point, humping filth around in the fields.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Turns out that 70% of US citizens agree according to the Nov 1st story on a survey.

Sounds to me like you're just a little bit butthurt about this. You'll probably find that 70% percent figure jumps up to about 90% and over when you take the worlds view in on this. You need to accept your new president right now. This guy is the best president you's have had since JFK.

You can carry on smashing your keyboard and writing posts in anger, no one cares. In fact, every time an anti trump post pops up, including yours, it actually fuels the Trump supporters because those posts, like this one, are quite childish and made for no other reason but to quell your distaste for your amazing new president and attempt to garner support from like minded individuals.

In short, the thread is loaded and you've got no clue what you're talking about except for the fact you made this thread whilst emotionally charged.. and good on you.. keep on keeping on buddy.

Gotta vent somewhere right? Anyway, Hillary will be in a big old ORANGE jumpsuit soon, yeah she'll get great treatment, yeah she'll buy a cell, she'll do all that stuff. But she's in prison, and she will be. And she WILL be!!!

edit on CST09America/ChicagoNovpm17CST0230pm by TheMadTitan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

Who are you addressing?

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I can believe that, I'm one of them.

I find it extremely difficult to hold a conversation with a "progressive or Democrat" particularly if it involves having a political discussion.

The majority of the time it descends into Ad Hominem on their part.

They seem to shirk anything that picks apart their world view (I'm sure there are right wingers the same, to be consistent)

And when they are losing a debate (because they get their "facts" from CNN) they call you a racist, or some other "ist" or "ism" whatever the slander de jeur of the day is.

Irritation doesn't even begin to cover my feelings around these people. I should probably learn to be more tolerant of the socially inept.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm replying to you. I'm addressing all the fools.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KJUK78

I can believe that, I'm one of them.

I find it extremely difficult to hold a conversation with a "progressive or Democrat" particularly if it involves having a political discussion.

The majority of the time it descends into Ad Hominem on their part.

They seem to shirk anything that picks apart their world view (I'm sure there are right wingers the same, to be consistent)

And when they are losing a debate (because they get their "facts" from CNN) they call you a racist, or some other "ist" or "ism" whatever the slander de jeur of the day is.

Irritation doesn't even begin to cover my feelings around these people. I should probably learn to be more tolerant of the socially inept.

Agreed.

I have seen conservatives loose their cookies about legalized MJ. Libs-abortion-vegitarians-hillary seem to be the sticking points. And the media keeps fanning the flames.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Ever had a conversation like this?

Person A: Trump is soooo racist.
Me: How's that?
Person A: He wants to build a wall.
Me: Um, walls are racist?
Person A: Of course they are, he wants to keep Mexicans out!
Me: Um, Mexican isn't a race.
Person A: Are you a Nazi!?!?
Me: Huh?
Person A: You don't think building a wall to keep Mexicans out isn't racist! Are you a white supremacist?
Me: Um, there's hundreds of thousands of Mexicans with whiter skin than both you and I.
Person A: ADFDSFSDFSDFSD!! What are you talking about?
Me: Pulls out phone. Shows pictures of Mexicans who look German or Dutch.
Person A: It's still racist!!!
Me: Is the White House racist?
Person A: Of course it is, Trump's in it.
Me: No, I mean because it has a wall around it.
Person A: I can't talk to such an idiot racist. Someone save me. I need a safe space!
Me: Guess what? Muslim isn't a race either. See ya.
Person A: Can no longer speak, now it tears, trembling, shaking.

That's what it's like talk to an SF lefty.
edit on 17-11-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join