It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record inequality: The top 1 percent controls 38.6 percent of America's wealth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: seasonal

My ACA Omnia Silver plan is going from $1600 per month for family of 4 to $2100 per month. A 23% increase. My salary did not go up 23% this year!

Eff the healthcare cartel! Eff the corporations!

2100 a month for healthcare that is fricken insane

Thanks, Obama.

EDIT: You too, all other Dems.
edit on 18-11-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

My ACA Omnia Silver plan is going from $1600 per month for family of 4 to $2100 per month. A 23% increase. My salary did not go up 23% this year!

Thanks, Obama.

Scapegoat strawman.....look who really crafted and voted for the ACA....

www.csmonitor.com...

but most of all, look who profited!!

edit on 18-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: KJUK78
a reply to: dfnj2015

They also pay more in taxes than the 90%

taxfoundation.org...

That's because they have ALL THE F'ING MONEY!

Christ....

And...?

It's posts like this that make me glad I don't try very hard to increase the quality of dialog around here. Form a cogent thought, man. Don't just plop a one word response out there and expect others to do all the F'ing work for you.

Considering the quality of your so-called 'dialogue', I really don't feel the lack. But at least you tried, that's worth something.

I'm going to add "reading comprehension" to your list of impediments.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Trumps tax cuts are for the rich ? After a few years people making fewer than 75 thousand taxes go up

Even people making as low as 10 to 30 thousand go up.

The tax cuts for the rich are permanent

Like the inheritance tax which will benefit Trump’s family tremendously

Moreover, the massive tax cuts on corporations will benefit Trump tremendously

Yet the deaf, dumb, and blind will claim it doesn’t benefit Trump!

Were being blatantly screwed and the only hope is in 2018 to throw the GOP congress out or we will not last another 10 years

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Republicans are millionaires who don't have the money yet. That's why they support these policies.

'Well, when I'm rich I'll want these benefits, in the meantime though, my taxes need to go up.'

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: links234
Agreed, Trump will gain from this.

But there are going to be so many great paying jobs from this you will have to beat the offers off with a stick. I mean they will actively be seeking you with bonuses and great pay and great hours.

OK it's a lie, this is a money saving profit raising idea. Corps do not charge product cost of manufacturing+corp tax+a paltry profit like some here seem to say.

What really happens is the corps charge what the market will bear. This will not apply downward pressure on product costs, only increase profits.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thanks, Obama.

The Dems are in the pockets of big business like the republicans. Look at Wall Street Hillary lol, she cares as much about the poor as Donald.
The Dems provided the perfect opportunity for Big Business to don the hat of "caring for the poor" in order to make out like bandits.

The poor always had free healthcare via the emergency room, but the healthcare lobbyists wanted a fatter paycheck by having everyone else pitch in.

These type of people don the same script when it comes to wars.
They try and appeal to the masses with emotion where we need to "liberate" people in other countries.
What usually happens is we tear the country to pieces, terrorists rein free and the liberated people are worse off than when we started.

edit on 18-11-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Thanks, Obama.

Scapegoat strawman.....look who really crafted and voted for the ACA....

www.csmonitor.com...

but most of all, look who profited!!

If the Insurance and Financial Sector have billions to throw at politicians, sit near the top of the lobbyist totem pole among all other lobbyists groups and can charge outrageous prices to their customers, then it is pretty clear it is time for them to take a pay cut.

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Lobbying Sectors

Sector Total
Misc Business $7,841,606,018
Health $7,776,201,797
Finance/Insur/RealEst $7,756,472,289
Communic/Electronics $6,215,233,153
Energy/Nat Resource $5,590,968,526
Other $3,915,837,083
Transportation $3,868,645,945
Ideology/Single-Issue $2,455,035,530
Agribusiness $2,269,676,661
Defense $2,194,376,625
Construction $849,636,936
Labor $753,588,244
Lawyers & Lobbyists $473,023,657

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I love your posts.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

Thanks, Obama.

The Dems are in the pockets of big business like the republicans. Look at Wall Street Hillary lol, she cares as much about the poor as Donald.
The Dems provided the perfect opportunity for Big Business to don the hat of "caring for the poor" in order to make out like bandits.

The poor always had free healthcare via the emergency room, but the healthcare lobbyists wanted a fatter paycheck by having everyone else pitch in.

They try and appeal to the masses with emotion where we need to "liberate" people in other countries.
What usually happens is we tear the country to pieces, terrorists rein free and the liberated people are worse off than when we started.

yes, the poor had free care through the emergency room.

what they DIDN'T have was preventative care and that is HUGE.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Record inequality: The top 1 percent controls 38.6 percent of America's wealth

Which is a LIE.

FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE.

Fiat currency people.

Printed out of thin air and only one thing gets to make it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: jacobe001

Thanks, Obama.

yes, the poor had free care through the emergency room.

what they DIDN'T have was preventative care and that is HUGE.

The poor still don't have preventative care. They can't afford the deductibles and co-pays. The only thing that changed was how much the plans costs and how little they cover.

Obama was bought and paid for by the medical mafia.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

nope, not true..

there are record number of people signing up for healthcare. they're realizing how important it is and they don't want to go backward.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Obama lied many many times to try and get this goat screw passed. He lied about keeping plans. He lied about controlling costs. He lied about saving thousands annually. All lies.

It's not true that deductibles are through the roof and co pays are expensive?

Free or highly subsidized health care does not cover deducts and co pays. Poor people can't afford these. They go to the e-room.

Emergency room visits up, despite Obamacare
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

ER Visits Jump As Obamacare Kicks In, Doctors Say
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 18-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The US has ridiculously high tax for the richest people. Unlike Russia which has the same tax rate for everyone. The US actually punishes people for being rich.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sofj2
The US has ridiculously high tax for the richest people. Unlike Russia which has the same tax rate for everyone. The US actually punishes people for being rich.

A flat tax is the only way to be fair about taxes.

By the way alot of those people paying those high taxes walk away paying 15%.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What’s going to happen is that their going to have to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and social security because the deficit is going to skyrocket AS IT ALWAYS DOES UNDER REPUBLICAN RULE

When they cut taxes on the rich the deficit goes way up and guess what they did last time. Raised taxes on the middle class after Reagan gutted the budget with his tax cuts on the rich.

I saw this coming and I predicted it

This is happening because the elite donor class threatened the republicans with no more support if they don’t get what we want—massive tax cuts.
edit on 18-11-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sofj2

Define punished as I'm not sure my interpretation and yours is the same thing.

If Joe gets 100 apples, and Bill gets 20 apples and John takes 50 Apples from Joe and 5 Apples from Bill since he realizes Joe can spare more, leaving Joe with 50 apples, and Bill with only 15 apples, how in the world is Joe getting punished for being more wealthy compared to Bill? Yeah Bill only lost 25% of his apples compared to Joe losing 50% but Joe unlike Bill still has an excess of apples compared to Bill.

Assuming both Bill and Joe love apples, even though Joe loses a higher percent of apples than Bill it is painfully obvious that if you like apples it's way better to be Joe, and even though Joe lost more apples, he'll still be able to enjoy many apples long after Bill has lost his paltry supply. Especially when you consider that Joe would need to lose 80% just to get to where Bill started.

This whole being punished for being rich crap is bull#. Basic math proves that wrong.

So sick of people living like emperors and kings pretending like anything that still allows them to live such a lavish lifestyle can be reasonably called punishment.
edit on 11/18/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What’s going to happen is that their going to have to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and social security because the deficit is going to skyrocket AS IT ALWAYS DOES UNDER REPUBLICAN RULE

When they cut taxes on the rich the deficit goes way up and guess what they did last time. Raised taxes on the middle class after Reagan gutted the budget with his tax cuts on the rich.

I saw this coming and I predicted it

This is happening because the elite donor class threatened the republicans with no more support if they don’t get what we want—massive tax cuts.

Seems like the $10,000,000,000,000 that Obama tagged on to the debt was substantial. Is Obama a republican?

Don't get sucked into the repub VS dems. They are all bought off by lobbyists.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: sofj2

Define punished as I'm not sure my interpretation and yours is the same thing.

If Joe gets 100 apples, and Bill gets 20 apples and John takes 50 Apples from Joe and 5 Apples from Bill since he realizes Joe can spare more, leaving Joe with 50 apples, and Bill with only 15 apples, how in the world is Joe getting punished for being more wealthy compared to Bill? Yeah Bill only lost 25% of his apples compared to Joe losing 50% but Joe unlike Bill still has an excess of apples compared to Bill.

Assuming both Bill and Joe love apples, even though Joe loses a higher percent of apples than Bill it is painfully obvious that if you like apples it's way better to be Joe, and even though Joe lost more apples, he'll still be able to enjoy many apples long after Bill has lost his paltry supply. Especially when you consider that Joe would need to lose 80% just to get to where Bill started.

This whole being punished for being rich crap is bull#. Basic math proves that wrong.

So sick of people living like emperors and kings pretending like anything that still allows them to live such a lavish lifestyle can be reasonably called punishment.

But if Joe has more apples how did that happen?
Bill maintained two apples trees which took him 1 hour a day.
Joe too care of 4 apple trees which took him 2 hours a day.
Bill invested $40 on fertilizer and an additional $40 in whatever.
Joe invested $80..
Bill worked 30 hours a month while Joe worked 60.
Seems the guy that put more work to have more apples gets shafted.
How about Joe teach Bill how to work harder so Bill has more apples?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join