It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record inequality: The top 1 percent controls 38.6 percent of America's wealth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Why do workers keep working for less ?

You would think people would know better by now.

maybe because they have no choice.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: KJUK78
As long as my taxes are cut, I could care less how much taxes the "rich" pay.

Here's another problem with your way of thinking. Say all your federal taxes were cut to zero. And we have no federal government. A veritable conservative pipe dream. Happy days right! WRONG. The government is the only force strong enough to fight the international corporations policing free markets. Without government, we would have nothing but cartels and monopolies. So if all your taxes were cut to zero, the corporations would use their data analytics to make sure ALL your disposable income is disposed to them. Do you really think the corporations would take care of you once the federal government has been stripped away?

The problems with our country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The CEOs and the billionaire cabal control the lobbyists. And the lobbyists control the politicians. CORPORATIONS ARE THE GOVERNMENT.

It doesn't matter what we pay in taxes. ALL that matters is the purchasing power of our take home pay.

Excellent Post
The polices we have in place redistribute wealth to the top.
Workers under Capitalism to expensive?
No problem, lets go to Communist China where workers have no rights.

Can't outsoure that job?
No problem,Juan the illegal will do it for 5 bucks.

That is taking from American workers on what they should have been paid in favor of labor from corrupt or communist countries.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

As long as they have guns that seems too be all that matters.

Yep, stupid is as stupid does. The stupid people keep voting to destroy America, then call themselves patriots.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yep. So, what ya gonna do about it?

Waiting for things to change in your favor won't have the desired effect I'm afraid.

Well, we could start by making sure our elected officials stop bending over backwards to please the wealthiest Americans... A good start would be nuking Trump's tax crapextravaganza.

If you think your wealth, capability and free thought are hinged on a political figure, you've already failed. The gov't has many ways to put up roadblocks, but it's not as dynamic as your mind and ability to come up with ways at achieving those gains.

Then how come we had less than 200 Corporate Lobbyists in the 70s and today they number in the thousands?
Corporations historically wanted government out of their business but that all changed in the 70s where corporations and government are in bed together serving each other.

Corporations say government is the solution when they pour billions into DC ever year.
Corporate cheerleaders then say, government is not the solution for everyone else.
edit on 18-11-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Simple question, what right do you have to someone else's wealth?

If your neighbor just decided to show up to your house and take your sh*t because he felt it would be more "equitable" I am sure you'd be a little upset.

There is a simple answer, we live in a society, for the society to be successful allowing individuals to horde masses of wealth to the detriment of the rest of society is a fail.

There is really no difference to yelling bomb on a plane or in a movie theatre, if it is detrimental to society functioning....

During the Cold War, when we had the highest numbers in Unions with the highest wages, we were told to look at the Soviet Union where the inequality was great where you had the 90% and then the top richest joined at the hip with government favors. We are the Soviet Union today with tent cities spread across America and homelessness increasing and the 90% getting poorer.

edit on 18-11-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wow.
Let's see, where do I start?
Where I live we have several "rich" neighborhoods, one is old money another is new and others are just there. I live in Hawaii - Oahu where the cost of living is very high. I have to wonder how many multi millionaires own these houses at Hawaii Loa Ridge, Manoa, Kahala. My guess is a lot. I live smack dab in the middle of Waikiki we are full of vacationers and tourists every single day and I know the hotel rates for certain places. The Hale Kalani has rooms that go for $5k a night and yes, I see lights on in these units when I walk by. Last year $15.6 billion was brought in by tourists.
That equals to a lot of people who are not struggling.
Now.
Everyone I know in my field of work makes a minimum of over $45 an hour while most make around $65 an hour, last year most of the people I know made over $80k to $100K in 2016. No one I know is without health insurance and nobody I know is paying for it out of their pockets as its paid by our employers.
I can go on.
I've known 6 multi millionaires personally while people I work with who are business owners are most certainly multi millionaires. My sister is a multi millionaire in advertising. I spent some time with her and her business and found out the majority of her clients make 6 figures a year including a handy man type guy that does most his business pressure washing and cleaning windows. The company I work for owns commercial properties where the tenants pay upwards of $15k a month for rent. One business just paid 6 months rent upfront at $105k and its a dive bar. There's a smoke shop there that only sells cigs that brings in over $40k a month.
I'm a construction project manager for a developer. We are building two high rise buildings now. Our subcontractors owners are all multi millionaires. My boss has holdings over $100 million and he's a Chinese immigrant that can barely speak english.
I come to this conclusion. Those who gripe about wage inequality lack ambition to break out of working at Starbucks or the patience of taking decades to work up the ladder and think those who do owe them something. We don't. These people owe it to themselves to find a way and make it happen.
No one I know is concerned about the 1% ripping us off as we all do our best and are happy with what we get.
edit on NovSat, 18 Nov 2017 09:01:28 -06006America/Chicago2017 by MrNeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They also pay more in taxes than the 90%

taxfoundation.org...

That's because they have ALL THE F'ING MONEY!

Christ....

And...?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

taxfoundation.org...

WRONG.

Have you been living underground the last few weeks or summat?
About The Paradise Papers

Taxes were invented by rich people for poor people to pay.

PARASITES.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

taxfoundation.org...

Christ....

And...?

AND .. . THEY DON'T PAY ANY TAXES!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

taxfoundation.org...

Christ....

And...?

It's posts like this that make me glad I don't try very hard to increase the quality of dialog around here. Form a cogent thought, man. Don't just plop a one word response out there and expect others to do all the F'ing work for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank God the Trump tax plan has given private plane owners a tax break...

www.rawstory.com...

but you poor working slobs can't even write of your car payments. LOL

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Unbridled capitalism is as dangerous as any other "ism".

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
keep the poorly educated riled up on hating black nfl players and muslims... and, especially democrats and the EVIL free press.

keep them fearful that their guns will be taken away and hopeful that jesus will be part of government.

and, slip in a tax bill that will hurt them and greatly enrich the wealthy and corporations, and they won't bat an eye.

maybe they deserve it..

edit on 18-11-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
FOR HOW LONG....

DUN DUN DUnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

We the PEOPLE of this PLANET will take back what is RIGHTFULLY ALL!

The AWAKENING has already begun, people are scheming and learning, teaching and churning ideas to combat the greatest threat to mankind since religion.

I have great faith for the future, if we even have a sliver of the population, trying to do just that.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

the awakening has begun, and that keeps me hopeful.

yay - Virginia and Oklahoma!

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
Wow.
Let's see, where do I start?
Where I live we have several "rich" neighborhoods, one is old money another is new and others are just there. I live in Hawaii - Oahu where the cost of living is very high.

Our subcontractors owners are all multi millionaires. My boss has holdings over $100 million and he's a Chinese immigrant that can barely speak english.

So...what you are saying is you live in a tropical wealthy paradise full of globalists that left their polluted countries for a better place.
This is not really a shocker and was predicted it would happen.

How wealthy are the Chinese back home, working for peanuts?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

taxfoundation.org...

Christ....

And...?

AND .. . THEY DON'T PAY ANY TAXES!

They know how to invest their money and minimize the hits. That's not the same as not paying taxes.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

taxfoundation.org...

Christ....

And...?

It's posts like this that make me glad I don't try very hard to increase the quality of dialog around here. Form a cogent thought, man. Don't just plop a one word response out there and expect others to do all the F'ing work for you.

Considering the quality of your so-called 'dialogue', I really don't feel the lack. But at least you tried, that's worth something.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: seasonal

My ACA Omnia Silver plan is going from $1600 per month for family of 4 to $2100 per month. A 23% increase. My salary did not go up 23% this year!

Eff the healthcare cartel! Eff the corporations!

2100 a month for healthcare that is fricken insane

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
FOR HOW LONG....

DUN DUN DUnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..

We the PEOPLE of this PLANET will take back what is RIGHTFULLY ALL!

The AWAKENING has already begun, people are scheming and learning, teaching and churning ideas to combat the greatest threat to mankind since religion.

I have great faith for the future, if we even have a sliver of the population, trying to do just that.

Scheming? Combat? Religion is the threat...

Yeah, I'm glad you are the minority and do not represent the people except in your own mind. That minimizes the real damage to society.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join