It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed "Good Guy" Accidentally Shoots Himself and Wife in Church

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm sure your FEELINGS have LIT your way for you but in THIS country YOU better be a BIT harder inland.

If I lived in the mighty U. S of A, I would most certainly carry a gun at all times, your countrymen are somewhat unhinged and clearly without a gun your rolling the dice.

Then it is a good thing you live in paradise, isn't it?

This might be a difficult concept for you to get your head around, yes it is a good thing, I am free to walk down the street without fear, I'm free to go to church without fear, I'm free to go to a music concert without fear, I'm free to send my kids to school without the fear of them being shot by some lunatic.... So yeah it's a good thing alright.

Then we have something in common. I can also do all those things without fear. Why? Because I know the media is spreading this fear that is soooooooo unlikely to occur that the odds of dying in my bathtub are higher than being shot in a mass shooting.

Just like I do not believe your paradise world is a scary place with all the unfettered immigration happening. Not everyone there is out to kill you, just as not everyone here is out to kill me.

But, at least I have an option for protection if I wish to exercise that right, if the situation may need it. A right that the government cannot take away or "grant" to me....since the government here grants nothing.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The man was 80 something years old, it was an accident, just like cooking accidents, vehicle accidents, ladder accidents, construction accidents. Or any number of things, this strawman false premise is absurd.

Well to all the morons

I really love how you make threads intentionally attacking members of ATS , and then never respond to your own threads. I thought intentional trolling was against T and C? Just more proof the climate on ATS is going down the drain, there was a time when things like this werent tolerated.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Sorry that was not very coherent.

Admittedly the first time I fired a shotgun I didn't hold it hard enough into my shoulder and damn that hurt, that was the first and last time I made that mistake.

I'm a crack shot it turns out, all my years of playing battlefield as a sniper paid off, who would have thunk, I'm not at all against guns, it's simply a case of knowing when to draw the line.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Do you carry a gun everywhere you go? If yes then you're not as free as you like to tell yourself.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I'm sure your FEELINGS have LIT your way for you but in THIS country YOU better be a BIT harder inland.

If I lived in the mighty U. S of A, I would most certainly carry a gun at all times, your countrymen are somewhat unhinged and clearly without a gun your rolling the dice.

Then it is a good thing you live in paradise, isn't it?

This might be a difficult concept for you to get your head around, yes it is a good thing, I am free to walk down the street without fear, I'm free to go to church without fear, I'm free to go to a music concert without fear, I'm free to send my kids to school without the fear of them being shot by some lunatic.... So yeah it's a good thing alright.

We still go to all those places here without heightened fear because we fear God Almighty and the disproval of our loving Godhead made through Jesus Christ more, for if God Almighty removed His love for us we would be nothing. We would have nothing. If we don't go to those places, it's because of sadness.

We realize fear is a hostage taker. It takes and takes.

Sadness at least recieves and contemplates meditatively/prayerfully/artistically/poetically.

We love our country people.

We love God. We love our people and hope for them through God. They are precious and specially selected.

I was leaving.

I just had to stay to write this.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

And I am sure this guy who now labeled a 'moron' was a fond advocate of exactly what you are preaching.
What a double standard that is.

What this guy did was just an accident, yet no one realizes just how bad things go when guns go wrong.

I can think of a several examples in many jobs where idiots treat equipment like toys, and accidents still happen, the difference is, there's proper mandatory training involved with those jobs and are confined to a space where it's expected. Guns, not so much.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You can't know.
YOU aren't a predator ,you're pathologically insistent on opinions that won't work.
I don't exactly KNOW what your need to IS,be right on something that is the basis of my country's functions and creede.
I guess we are tougher and dead kids can't move us politically WE want to know WHY to decide and "THE MAN" can hide that,so we don't ,THE GAME is give them UP so they can BALKANIZE you with their MARXIST games or what YOU will be facing in peace, as you say.
My extended family is planning to LEAVE Nottingham and run to Canada.
I MAINTAIN my own ,as do my neighbor's ,black , white although the AFRICANS can't own any yet ,THEY seem cool without guns.
I think they are pretty traumatized and NEED a break.
edit on 17-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Do you carry a gun everywhere you go? If yes then you're not as free as you like to tell yourself.

Ok. One more.

Do you love and carry Jesus Christ in your heart, mind and soul? If yes, you are truly free and on your way to realizing it.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumJunkie

Those bigger and better sure has worked in the middle east eh?

If that's attempt of bragging is a major fail, all you have done is insulted military personnel.

Not at all. what I did was to show that people without all the bells and whistles of the U.S. military can fend off what is perceived as a tyrannical invader. And it can work elsewhere
edit on 11/17/2017 by DrumJunkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

the difference is, there's proper mandatory training involved with those jobs and are confined to a space where it's expected. Guns, not so much.

Then you apparently dont know as much as you think. Because in order to get a CCW you must attend mandatory training to obtain it, you must also train with the weapon you are planning to carry.

He was 80, it was an accident. And if you look up the numbers on actual accidents by CCW owners youll find the numbers are far far lower than anything else.

This premise is false and a strawman full stop

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yelling Marxist yet advocates the slavery to a material good of firearms... if you're going to yell "COMMIE" just yell it out right don't drag an ideology that ultimately supports workers rights into this.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

It's not a strawman, Stop using that term in the wrong context.
If I fire a gun at your face, you die, or, minimum severely wounded.
if I throw a pillow at your face you don't die.

It's black and white.

Did I really need to dumb it down that much for you to understand my post?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Its not the wrong context, your argument was that they dont have training to carry, which is false , you HAVE to have training with your weapon, verified by a gov accredited entity , to get your CCW.

Another straw man, If I hit you while texting going 55 mph in my car you die, or minimum severely wounded.

It's black and white.

yes it is , youre using a straw man argument, its pretty freaking clear, or do you not know the definition? I love it when people make accusations of ignorance when they are clearly the ones without a clue.

You made a comment about ccw carriers not having any training as if it were fact, when you obviously have no clue how any of the licencing works.

Nope, I can assure you, your post was dumb enough.

edit on 18-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You are using strawman fallacies against me in your post.

Re-read my original post you replied to.
I said that in the work place mandatory training is needed, yet people still make mistakes. And in the workplace it's confined to people who work there.
Yes, people who have a CCW have 'training', but they are technically endangering others around them by having a loaded weapon.

Again, did I need to dumb it down for you that much?

You have used, age, concealed weapons training, concealed weapons, accusing me of using strawman arguments and everything against me, etc. BUT you still do not acknowledged that guns are dangerous when something goes wrong, how can you not comprehend that?
Wars are literally fought with guns for a reason, because they deal the most damage for least amount of effort.
That's my argument! Get it through your head.

This is the best part here.
I had to edit my own post to just put you in your place.

You made a comment about ccw carriers not having any training as if it were fact, when you obviously have no clue how any of the licencing works.

I never said that at all. When did I ever mention CCW training or even CCW at all before this post in this thread?
You are assuming, stop putting words in my mouth and stop putting your definition towards a subject that is subjective to everyone around you, and people who do not agree with you.
edit on 18-11-2017 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Its not the wrong context, your argument was that they dont have training to carry, which is false , you HAVE to have training with your weapon, verified by a gov accredited entity , to get your CCW.

Another straw man, If I hit you while texting going 55 mph in my car you die, or minimum severely wounded.

It's black and white.

yes it is , youre using a straw man argument, its pretty freaking clear, or do you not know the definition? I love it when people make accusations of ignorance when they are clearly the ones without a clue.

Nope, I can assure you, your post was dumb enough.

How often does a person have to show that they have maintained the level of skill required to have ccw, so say this gentleman first got his ccw 40 years ago, or for the sake of argument 10 years ago?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yes, people who have a CCW have 'training', but they are technically endangering others around them by having a loaded weapon.

they are no more endangering anyone around them than someone with a radial saw or nail gun....given correct training on how the EQUIPMENT works....

Again, did I need to dumb it down for you that much?

Me thinks thou dost protest much

BUT you still do not acknowledged that guns are dangerous when something goes wrong, how can you not comprehend that?

Any tool with the ability to hurt, maim or kill , is JUST a tool

Wars are literally fought with guns for a reason, because they deal the most damage for least amount of effort.

In the same way that construction work isnt done with tape. Every job needs the right tool.

When did I ever mention CCW training or even CCW at all before this post in this thread?

You should have, cause thats what we are talking about here, he wasnt carrying a hunting rifle into church no was he? again context.

You are assuming, stop putting words in my mouth and stop putting your definition towards a subject that is subjective to everyone around you, and people who do not agree with you.

Speak for yourself there hot shot, and maybe think ahead a little bit. You talk a lot about dumbing down, but youre looking pretty damn bottom of the barrel on this one.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yuck. Guns again. What is wrong with Americans. I'm from New Zealand, we had one major shooting and that was it. We still feel and talk about that shooting here. Quite hard to get a license. Have to be MENTALLY FIT. Where is the compassion? How does anyone feel safe? How does having your own gun make you feel anymore safe? It's so frightening, the idea of getting shot. Or shooting someone. Or getting angry or sad and going to your gun. It's so unhuman. I'm a chef and understand the hunting aspect, especially providing for my family, friends and kitchen. I love many things American but will never understand the hardcore gun love. Almost all Americans I've met seem like such grounded, fun, funny people until you bring up guns. Yuck.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not if the 'Wanker' is the type to flee from self guilt and hates pain.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Soooo... Let's continue your logic... Cars everywhere is a bad idea, because some "moron" drove too fast and accidentally kills himself and other road users...

See how that doesn't work?

Please, get a grip...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Imagine my disappointment when I opened this thread and read the OP. Nothing about this accident, other than an assumed article title and link, and a rant about morons.

Come on not even one snippet from the article?

Not even going to look at the link I stopped caring.

I've got guns to go buy.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join