It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed "Good Guy" Accidentally Shoots Himself and Wife in Church

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nothing you said is backed up by history.

Actually the militias were to stop slave revolts and other revolutions.

Your espousing wishful thinking not reality

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

I am sure he is however he is not here now and he is not participating in this thread so unless you have some credentials you can show us you should probably stop trying to speak in his name / for him.

Also you should brush up on your religion , particularly the part that says only God can judge man.

Again unless you can show us credentials you are not God either.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sure it might save lives. We could open up a government program.

?. Doesn't answer my point. Now you're suggesting the taxpayer foot the bill?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

. We are to take the bullet if it's God's will and God will either take us home or bring us back to life as a witness. Or God will divert the bullet.

Why didnt god give him a heart attack before entering the church? Problem solved.

Because, just like gun control laws, Gods law only apply to those who abide by it.

That whole free will thing really screws the religious rights arguments in this area.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

There are indeed armed response units in constant circulation that respond when needed to a situation that requires such.

Bit of a difference through than every single police having a gun and being willing to use the things at the drop of a hat.

We don't have the second amendment and yet the sky has not fallen and the Sun still shines whilst our gooberment still has us by the short and curlies in the exact same manner as your own.

Then again we are not shooting each other either like our lives depend on it or in the numbers that Americas do every day. And even with the discrepancy population numbers wise you must realize the simple fact of the matter?

But you won't or you will refuse to do so because just like i said most Americans that support the second will defend it to there dying breath.

It's your choice all the same, respect for your choice because it's your own, and you are entitled to it, just like i am entitled to my own.

And i think we can both agree that we would not wish to travel a road where said choice was not to be had?

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Nothing you said is backed up by history.

Actually the militias were to stop slave revolts and other revolutions.

Your espousing wishful thinking not reality

I'll take my education and profession over your excuses any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

link   
a reply to: CB328

How does one accidentally shoot themself and them their wife?

This guy is a wanker.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

What profession is that

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

"This guy is a wanker."

If that's the case would he not have shot himself multiple times?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We don't have a Bill Of rights or a right to bear arms. But I've seen US presidents still bow down to the Monarch Of England - they know the "rules"

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

All law enforcement in N. Ireland is armed.
All law enforcement in Australia is armed.

The mass shootings we have had all have one thing in common - everything that was done, from possessing the weapons to where the weapons were brought to how they were used - were already illegal.

The other major difference between the US and UK is how the laws view people armed with knives. In the US the standard is a person with a knife is considered a deadly threat if they are within 21-25 feet of an officer. A person armed with a knife can traverse that distance and strike the officer before an officer can defend themselves / draw a firearm.

The standard in the UK appears to be something completely different.

I carry a firearm for my profession and i deal with people who are also armed. In the decade plus I have done this i have never had to discharge my firearm against another human being. People who are not familiar with US law enforcement or are laws see a mass shooting and assume it is an every day occurrence.

An example is New York City PD. They recently had 1 officers rape a female they arrested in their patrol car. What doesnt make the news is the fact the NYPD has over 50k employees of which more than 35k+ are commissioned officers. That means you have thousands of officers who did their job protecting the public the correct and responsible way.

However a person doing their job is not newsworthy.

Trying to judge the 2nd amendment on an incomplete picture just does not work.

So yes - we can agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

What profession is that

Law Enforcement.

Would the job of law enforcement be safer if only cops carried guns? Nope.

Every time we make contact with someone we dont know the persons background or what is going through their heads. Because of that everyone is a potential risk.
edit on 17-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Mans law put into place by the people's representatives.

The purpose of law enforcement is not to protect the individual but society as a whole. The first people at any crime are generally the suspect committing the crime and the victim.

With that said invoke God all you want but in the end it is not God that is going to respond to your 911 call. If we want to get more picky you are putting your trust in a god that didnt bother to protect you from the criminal in the first place.

Please rectify that conundrum and explain it to us.

The people are corrupt and blind until they know the truth. The truth is to love and lay down your life for your brother and sister by giving up yours if you must.

Everyone is a criminal until they turn to Jesus Christ. They are no longer criminals when they can love their enemy unto their death. Saint Stephen did this and our Lord Jesus Christ, and more.

Law enforcement has failed to protect society as a whole.

Real Law Enforcement looks at the gun in their face and says, "I forgive you, please don't kill me, I genuinely love you." Then with all their might, sends out love, in energy, instead of fear.

You train for target practice.

Real Law Enforcement trains to love their enemy and face the gun and project their spirit on Jesus Christ if God wills the end all to their meat suit.

911 does the best they can with what they believe in this time/space reality. But in the merged time/space reality which occurred a couple thousand years ago, we call on God Almighty.

Again, everyone is a criminal and is why we are all on this God forsaken prison planet in the first place. To do TIME.

Remaining a criminal unto your death is your choice because the Truth of the Love of Jesus has been presented to you time and time again in your life. Or choose to be truly free in the love and light of Jesus Christ.

edit on 17-11-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What exactly do you have in the way of freedom that I don't have?

A clearly defined right to Free Speech. Don't give us Aussies a bad name with your ignorance. And just in case you bring up our Constitution I'll save you the effort.

Notice - "Implied". You might also look into how often our slander and libel laws are used to stifle speech.
wiki

Constitutional law protection. The Australian Constitution does not explicitly protect freedom of expression. However, the High Court has held that an implied freedom of political communication exists as an indispensible part of the system of representative and responsible government created by the Constitution.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yup and like I said only God can judge others and since you havent produced any credentials saying you speak for God you should stop violating the very religion you are trying to force onto others.

That is unless you are God.

Are you?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

How so, please elaborate?

People pull the trigger but its the Gun that sends a projectile at the target at upward of 700Mph.

Easy to shoot someone, rather harder or at least less desirable for most to attempt to kill with there bare hands or even a bladed or edged weapon.

Most people simply don't have the stomach for it or, but pulling that trigger? Well the statistics and numbers dont lie.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

A gun cannot act on its own. It must be manipulated by a person in order to be used.

Guns dont kill people. People kill people.

We had more people killed in traffic accidents than by guns.
We had more people die from smoking than from car accidents and guns combined.

What is more dangerous to a government?
A population that smokes and dont know how to drive or armed citizens?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Subject is derived from the Latin words, sub and jacio, and means one who is under the power of another

Whilst we're talking Latin - no doubt you're aware of the Fasces in your House and also at Lincolns statue

The Land Of The Free...ruled by the sword of the State

hahahaha

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

We obviously see different pictures, but i will at least entertain the premise of your argument.

N. Ireland has the potential to become a war zone at the drop of a hat though, the rest of the nation, not so much really, hence the armed Police and Army stationed there.

And not so much regarding the rest of the nation unless they scale up the terror alert, you see them then walking around town with the Heckler and Koch on their arms protecting the libraries and the like making them look like plonkers really.

They don't make me feel any safer but then again im about as scared of terrorists as i am the rain.

Like i said we dont have the second amendment yet the Sun still comes up every morning over here.

So yes let's agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

hehe

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join