It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Human Head Transplant , Sucessful.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

That goat is from "The Amazing World of Gumball", from the episode "The advice".

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's quiet scary and makes the possibility of living forever more of a reality. The thought that they could do this to people in power so they will be in power forever is very scary

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't think it's going last long as I believe the body and the mind are aligned in such way that eventually the head will reject the body or the other thing around.

He has to take medicines to fool the body that its one and the same so imo he has to take medicine for the rest of his life .

But we'll see..

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Thats why we have and are creating new immunosuppressants drugs.

Else people with any kind of transplanted organs or appendages white blood cells would indeed fight to reject any new organs including but not limited to a head.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is some Star Trek #.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well , I find all hard to swallow anyway. Why do we even want to go this far. The more things seem possible the more doctors surgeons want to know if it's possible or not. It's time we put some monkey heads on those idiots..

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Well , I find all hard to swallow anyway.

If the transplant is not good they may also find it hard to swallow.

It's time we put some monkey heads on those idiots..

If they don't try to see what's possible we wouldn't have any of the advances we have today.
Being someone that could have died at the age of 5 with an asthma attack and having a sister with hydrocephalus, I like the advances in medicine.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Maybe it´s just me having trouble with things like that I know some who want to live longer will disagree with me. And maybe if I was in their shoes I wouldn't agree with me too, but yeah somehow I´m still sick and tired of all those ISIS beheadings and now this .. Wrong timing of those science guys I guess

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Wrong timing? They have been trying this for decades.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

And they should stop doing it for the coming decades too if you ask me. I rather put my head on a android than looking down seeing me wearing a skirt with pumps

edit on 0b56America/ChicagoThu, 23 Nov 2017 19:58:56 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Nov 2017 19:58:56 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It seems that cell, nerve and neuron rejuvenation would be the way to go. Having a head transplant would be impractical because brain cells die without replacement. Also, blood vessels and arteries wear out.

With neuron regeneration, maybe the older neurons will train the new ones so memories are retained.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

My understanding is that new neurons are born not from mature nerve cells but rather develop from neural stem cells that remain in our brains throughout life.

So one has to wonder as to our older neurons ability to train any new ones given they are produced from stem cells.

That being said i really don't understand the entirety of the process involved, so much really we have yet to learn regarding how our brain and neural pathways form and function, especially with regards to consciousness.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join