It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Human Head Transplant , Sucessful.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Many of you are Familiar with Dr. Sergio Canavero , Who is scheduled to perform a live human head transplant in December . Well today he announced that He ( assuming )and a team of surgeons in China have successfully carried out a human head transplant of a cadaver.

YES, WE DID IT! Congratulations to my great friend Prof. Xiaoping Ren, the team of Harbin Medical University and the great People's Republic of China. More details to follow by Prof. Xiaoping Ren.

He also noted that China had previously successfully carried out a head transplant on a monkey but ...

Chinese partner Xiaoping Ren already successfully carried out an animal head transplant on a monkey in January, 2016. According to the Italian, the monkey survived the transplant without any neurological injury for 20 hours before being euthanized for ethical reasons.

With very little info to go on here I am guessing they were able to connect the head , nerves , spine of a cadaver and generate electrical impulse through the body to the limbs .

Furthermore Dr. Sergio states that the next step is to test the procedure on brain dead donors. if successful then they will move forward with the live human transplant .

Thoughts ?

Kap.

link

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So they'll murder the first live human, 20 hours after his/her successful noggin transplant, like they did the poor monkey?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Both creepy and fascinating at the same time...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Doctor: I am happy to report that we've completed our first successful human head transplant!

Reporter: So the patient survived?!

Doctor: Well, not exactly....

Reporter: So, he died?

Doctor: Well, not exactly...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
So they'll murder the first live human, 20 hours after his/her successful noggin transplant like they did the poor monkey?

No , They euthanized the monkey because it was paralyzed. they didn't fully connect the spine and nerves. The next step is to test it on a brain dead doner. so, in essence, the person is already dead. This will allow them to learn more.

Its not murder.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just imagine in the future, the head of a 150 year old (assuming your mind survives the ravages of time) with the body of a 20 year! Or even better, clone yourself a younger body, immortality!

What about the bucket list people, the bucket list!
edit on 17-11-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Gee you would think that arms and legs might be a better gig . Who wants someone else's head anyway .

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Transgender head transplant? Just boring if not.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
the scars on the neck.....twould be a turnoff huh

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

When the dude gets up and walks around i would call it a success.

Else where is the quality of life and hence the point of the operation? And i dont see many cadavers doing that.

There is simply no viable way to reconnect a spinal cord to the brain short of some form of nanite technology that can reattach and manipulate tissue and nerves at a cellular level.
edit on 17-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Thoughts ?

In about 30 or so years, places like China will be mass cloning people minus the head, grow a new body, and transplant old heads on the new body.

I wonder what the difficulties will be once that happens...will a old skull have issues with a new body?

Its a exciting and new frontier. I welcome it..pity the west won't be getting into this market, China will lead the world into the future here. Good for them.

I guess I better start saving up.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Gee you would think that arms and legs might be a better gig . Who wants someone else's head anyway .
I see what your doing. Very funny!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The next step is to test it on a brain dead doner. so, in essence, the person is already dead. This will allow them to learn more.

Forgive me for misunderstanding but doesn't a head transplant require 2 donors?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For some reason this makes me think of this.

edit on 17/11/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree, there was no success in this story. Connecting a dead head to a dead animal can be done by a 5-year-old with a knife and some duct tape. Success will be achieved only when both the head and the body are alive before and after this procedure.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Might be possible to get pulmonary function back, even consciousness, but what a way to live because you are not going to be playing the piano or doing the 100-meter dash until all those nerves are reattached and firing correctly.

It would be like existing like the heads in a jar in Futurama.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Beat me to it. LoL

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Lord, this is creepy. I applaud the science, but to be conscious that you are part of the experiment... It may never be allowed by medicine if it gets to that.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

It this works, which is highly doubtful with the technologies we have available, and the procedure is taken to the logical conclusion it won't matter as to the ethics involved one little iota.

If humanity can do a thing i generally follows that it will do that thing.

Fact of the matter is that we simply do not invent tools that we do not use.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It would seem that RT really is akin to The Weekly World News.

I'm holding out for a robotic body with built in jet pack and weapons. All weather, all terrain, capable of low Earth orbit or a quick trip to Mars.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join