It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women On Clinton And Sanders Campaigns Allege Sexual Harassment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The swarm of allegations gives 2 more possible victims of sexual harassment.

These 2 new ones come from 2 women that worked for the Clinton Campaign and the Sanders Campaign.

What's going on anyway?

Apparently neither case implicates Clinton or Sanders directly.

Lilian Adams and Zoey Jordan Salsbury worked on opposite sides of the Democratic presidential primary. But they had similar problems.

Lilian Adams and Zoey Jordan Salsbury were teenagers when they started working on opposite sides of the 2016 Democratic presidential primary. Adams, then 19, joined Hillary Clinton’s campaign and Salsbury, then 18, joined Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign. They were ready to make the world a better place by helping to elect their candidate.

But each woman says she was sexually harassed by a fellow campaign worker — and that both campaigns were ill-equipped to address the allegations. Their stories show how political campaigns can prey on the same young people who power them with their work and energy.

Even as Adams and Salsbury came forward to tell their stories, each requested that her alleged harasser not be named, citing safety and professional concerns.

Women On Clinton And Sanders Campaigns Allege Sexual Harassment

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The DNC didn't administer any sensitivity training, or make anyone in the Democratic campaigns sign "statements of understanding", according to former temporary DNC head, Donna Brazile.

So most likely, considering what we've seen lately, those accusations are TRUE, and must be investigated.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I hate this. I really do.

If men, or anyone for that matter sexually abused any woman, then that is wrong.

But we're hearing so much about so many that I have to wonder if;

A) Sexual Assault, sexual harassment is on the rise?

B) Just looking at the butt of a shapely woman is deemed sexual harassment?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I am guilty of b)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But we're hearing so much about so many that I have to wonder if;

A) Sexual Assault, sexual harassment is on the rise?

B) Just looking at the butt of a shapely woman is deemed sexual harassment?

Timing. Aside from whether or not all of these recent allegation(s) of sexual misconduct have merit, in each instance, the actual event took place some time in the past. So, if the claim(s) are true then why is it just coming to light now - why hasn't it been pursued in the courts before now as a real and serious allegation of sexual harassment?

This is like running a red light and then 14 years later the cops send you the fine for doing it. Seems legit doesn't it?

However, in each instance, we hear about it through political discourse - such and such from the left did this, so and so from the right did that, and so on...

The timing is mighty suspicious, therefore the allegation(s) should be addressed cautiously with both defendant and prosecution being afforded 'innocent until proven guilty'.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This reminds me of the drug companies like the high blood pressure scam.

If you aren't getting enough patients then you move the line.

What constitutes sexual assault? Just because you feel 'uncomfortable' doesn't mean you were sexually assaulted. What is the legal definition? Is it consistent across jurisdictions? At what point did an assault cross the line that means it is okay to destroy someone life and career?

I think these questions need to be answered before we start executing people.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The real question is whether the Human Species is degenerating or evolving forward.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I am guilty of b)

Red blooded hetero's are doomed then, even I do that.....

B, here also

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Nice title implicated Sanders sexual harassed someone. Nice work.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Using their authority to make sexual remarks or try to get them into bed.

From EEOC

It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person’s sex. Harassment can include “sexual harassment” or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.

There are few women in the world who can't claim this whether it was an employer or someone on the street. I had a former boss (woman) who said she would claim sexual harrasment if ??? something happened or didn't happen. So long after the fact it may be hard to prove.

And they won't name the perpetrator. I wonder if it is just attention? Sorry to be so cynical. I am a woman and was once attractive but only once did this happen...and I lost my job when I didn't comply. Way back in the day, we blew it off. There were no laws. But no job should be worth complying. If it is, values are misplaced.

Old fashion old person here. Times change. This is never good but it has been allowed and overlooked for so long lots of men are going to worry if sometime in their past they crossed the line.

new topics

top topics

join